“Good choise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Nova Scotia
“Good choise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed here overnight while passing thru. My room was nice with flat screen and good channel selection. Parking was good. The hotel was in good repair. My room was clean. I wish I had been able to control the heat easier. I'm not sure if it was me or the heater. In any event I was too tired to mess with it. The only question left is the value of the room. I paid over $100/night. I cant evaluate wether this is a good value or not considering the area. I would stay here again on business. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Costco is across the street. View out the back is poor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Alamos, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

After accepting a position with a Markham Ontario, "Canada High-Tech Capital", I stayed at the Comfort Inn Markham for two weeks. The room had all of my necessary amenities including free high speed WiFi which I used extensively. The staff was courteous and friendly. And the location was very convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Stittsville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean and quiet. Pool was nice for kids. Exercise equipment broken or in need of updating. Good selection at continental breakfast. Much construction around the hotel, but easy to get to. Pillows were great, bed was a bit hard.

Would stay again at the Expedia price.

• Stayed March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel is very clean. We had a King bed room on the second floor... There's no view but the carpet looks new, and the bath room is also very clean... We checked out the pool and it looks good too... Complimentary hot breakfast was just ok, but the coffee was very good though. Price is very reasonable... and the location is only a few blocks to the Don Valley Highway 404 at Highway 7... very convenient to travel to spots in Markham Richmond Hill area. Shopping is plenty, big Mall just two blocks away. Would return in future and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel during March break and we enjoyed our stay very much. Our room was clean and well stocked, had a microwave and fridge. The hotel has great amenities and excellent staff, every staff member was friendly and professional. The pool is extremely well maintained and the temperature was amazing, the hot tub was also perfect. In warmer weather there is shopping nearby that you could walk to but we drove the short distance to the many local stores, and the Pacific mall was only a 10 minute drive. Love this hotel and will definetly stay again, very family friendly!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 255Lisa
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

What ? Bed-bug, I have been working in the area for the last 4 years and i also have been staying at Comfort Inn Markam, if bed-bug there is i must be blind or out of blood, no beg-bug plus they also have pool, gym, and hot tub, plus the staff is excellent from clerk person to cleaning staff and what to say about morning breakfast and staff , note of "Excellent Plus"
Ps; some people have nothing to do but complain so please stay at your hotel for $5.00 more and don't " BUG US " satisfied costumer

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Denis L
gmCN278, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Northeast, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and really appreciate your comments about being a good hotel.

Regards,

Nick Udayakumar
Point Edward, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I just wanted to state how impressed I am with the staff of Comfort Inn in Markham. I have been working in the area for the last 6 months and I have been staying at their hotel. For me at least they are ideally located (right off of the 407 Hwy )for my line of work and during this time they have excellent service quality day in and day out.

The cleaning staff are great. They keep supplies well stocked and promptly replaced. Floors are clean despite the dirt I track in from working at construction sites (I do try to minimize this before I come in)

The morning staff are exceptionally friendly to the guests and keep the continental breakfast hot and well supplied with food. And again they keep the breakfast area nice and clean.

The maintenance staff promptly make repairs. In the past the exercise bike in the fitness room wasn’t working, I informed them of this and it was repaired and working the very next day.

I find the staff at the front desk are fantastic. They are friendly and are attentive to your needs. They even go out of their way to make freshly baked oat meal and chocolate chip cookies for the guests every night! They don’t have to do something like this but it’s the little touches that makes the stay that more pleasant. One night I left my ipod in the pool room and totally forgot about it. The next day the woman at the front (Peggy) asked me if I had lost my ipod and handed it back to me. I was oblivious to the fact that I had lost it but she was observant, seeing it with me before and was so honest to return it to me. A lesser person would have done no such thing but the staff at the Comfort Inn will do this day after day.

I find the quality excellent and would recommend their establishment to anyone.
Cheers
Todd

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd D
gmCN278, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Northeast, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay and glad you found the hotel very convenient and service levels exceptional. Hope to see you return.

Regards,