“A beautiful week at Hilton Markham”

Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A beautiful week at Hilton Markham”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a week visiting from Israel. My room was located on the 10th floor - the atmosphere was relaxing to allow me to work and feel refreshed. Clean, beautiful, the amenities were perfect. Even on my first day, the dining staff made me feel at home - like I was family. The staff were so friendly and amazing customer service. I've travelled all over the world, I know hotels - and this one was my absolute favourite.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Inbal S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hotel was easily accessable from highways. Upon entering was quite impressed with establishment. Friendly, courteous and informative staff. Rooms very clean and spacious. Although double beds seemed quite small they were comfortable! Breakfast was very good. A couple of things to note: parking and internet services are not included in rates. As a large hotel chain thougth that these would be included.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Darlene C
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton for three nights. I have been here before and am always satisfied. This time was just excellent. The rooms are very comfortable and roomy. The bed was fabulous. Everything felt clean and fresh. My room had just a small fridge (some have full kitchens) but when I asked for some cutlery and plates they arrived immediately allowing me to choose to have a simple breakfast in my room. Lots of towels in the wonderful bathroom, great pressure in the shower. The gym is part of a larger fitness club so there are many, many machines and lots of space. It was never too full. There is a rooftop deck with full sized trees and bushes. I enjoyed relaxing on the lounge chairs. Excellent, peaceful extra.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
London, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The suites are small, and fairly dumpy. We had an absolutely awful sleep. We were staying with our young children, so we got a room with two double beds. I know that Markham has a large Asian and Indian population and that people of these ethnicities tend to be a bit shorter, but man, my legs were hanging off the bed all night. I'm not a giant: I'm 6 feet. It was incredibly uncomfortable. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is literally the worst hilton I've ever stayed in. Part of carrying the brand name is maintaining a level of quality in service. In the last 12 hours, the hotel has gone out of their way to be inhospitable: 1) their courtesy shuttle, which claims to take people within 5 mi of the hotel, actually only runs until 9am and only goes to specific businesses -- remember to check the fine print I guess? 2) the cab we called thru the concierge never came, and the concierge simply responded that 'it's raining' , as an excuse for the complete lack of communication. 3) when we arrived late and requested help finding a nearby restaurant, again the concierge laughed and stayed that we were 'in the wrong city'..? 4) and finally, the breakfast vouchers we purchased could only be used in a specific restaurant at a specific time (also not communicated) and when we asked for a refund they refused 5) using an umbrella (after the cab never came) required a $25 deposit ..?

Pretty sure if we stayed a bit longer I could add to the list.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ambikas
Haley W, Front Office Manager at Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
We are so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At our hotel, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and your feedback will help us to better deliver this brand promise moving forward. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Haley Weeden
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times for the past several years and it very convenient for me. The lobby and rooms have been nicely updated and upgraded since the last time I stayed. The bathroom was super bright and clean. I like the suite style room. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The location is very convenient and close to shopping and a wide variety of restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a large conference hotel in a convenient (right off major highway 407) in Markham, just north of Toronto. Rooms are suites, and have an interesting design - living area is at the entrance to the room, bathroom in the middle and bedroom at the back. The bedroom has floor to ceiling windows and is quite bright, but the living area has no outside light, so feels a bit dark. In an effort to fix this, the living ares has a large expanse of glass blocks on the hallway wall. This feels somewhat like a fishbowl, but the hotel provides curtains to close off the glass areas. Rooms are overall very good - lots of connections for electronic devices, coffee maker, etc. The bathroom was recently renovated, with the bathtub replaced with a bathtub-sized shower. Parents with small kids who need bathtubs to batch, be warned! Hotel facilities are good - restaurant/bar, Starbucks in lobby, spa, business centre, pool, and EXCELLENT (huge) fitness centre. Overall an excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family