“Unpleasant Experience”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Kingston, Canada
“Unpleasant Experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. It was a terrible experience.

Cons:
The pay per view wasn't working. The man who came to fix it said he would have to replace the box but still wasn't sure that was the issue. I asked to be switched rooms. Initially they agreed but then said all rooms had this issue. I asked maintenance if this was true and he admitted it wasn't. I asked for compensation. They agreed to give me 15% off and free parking. The mere fact that they charge for parking when their lot is HUGe and its Markham is crazy to me.

The rooms are old. The mattress sags and the springs
feel broken. Old TVs. Not HD. Seems picky I know but shows lack of up keeping.

The mini bar was empty. And I was starving :(

The room was freezing even after I turned up the temperature. It said 27 degrees but it definitely wasn't. Faulty thermostat perhaps.

Pro
Many amenities though the pool was not able to be used.

Late night room service.

Simply not 4 stars nor worth anything over $100.00

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank smilingsunshine_10
Haley W, Front Office Manager at Hilton Toronto / Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and apologize you were disappointed in our offerings. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Haley Weeden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Hebrew first
North Tonawanda, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel looks great from the outside and has a lot to offer. If you spend time in your room using the internet or watching television, you may experience some difficulties. Maintenance crew was unable to resolve our problem.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Michael D
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a week visiting from Israel. My room was located on the 10th floor - the atmosphere was relaxing to allow me to work and feel refreshed. Clean, beautiful, the amenities were perfect. Even on my first day, the dining staff made me feel at home - like I was family. The staff were so friendly and amazing customer service. I've travelled all over the world, I know hotels - and this one was my absolute favourite.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the 10th floor.
1 Thank Inbal S
Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hotel was easily accessable from highways. Upon entering was quite impressed with establishment. Friendly, courteous and informative staff. Rooms very clean and spacious. Although double beds seemed quite small they were comfortable! Breakfast was very good. A couple of things to note: parking and internet services are not included in rates. As a large hotel chain thougth that these would be included.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Darlene C
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton for three nights. I have been here before and am always satisfied. This time was just excellent. The rooms are very comfortable and roomy. The bed was fabulous. Everything felt clean and fresh. My room had just a small fridge (some have full kitchens) but when I asked for some cutlery and plates they arrived immediately allowing me to choose to have a simple breakfast in my room. Lots of towels in the wonderful bathroom, great pressure in the shower. The gym is part of a larger fitness club so there are many, many machines and lots of space. It was never too full. There is a rooftop deck with full sized trees and bushes. I enjoyed relaxing on the lounge chairs. Excellent, peaceful extra.

London, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The suites are small, and fairly dumpy. We had an absolutely awful sleep. We were staying with our young children, so we got a room with two double beds. I know that Markham has a large Asian and Indian population and that people of these ethnicities tend to be a bit shorter, but man, my legs were hanging off the bed all night. I'm not a giant: I'm 6 feet. It was incredibly uncomfortable. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is literally the worst hilton I've ever stayed in. Part of carrying the brand name is maintaining a level of quality in service. In the last 12 hours, the hotel has gone out of their way to be inhospitable: 1) their courtesy shuttle, which claims to take people within 5 mi of the hotel, actually only runs until 9am and only goes to specific businesses -- remember to check the fine print I guess? 2) the cab we called thru the concierge never came, and the concierge simply responded that 'it's raining' , as an excuse for the complete lack of communication. 3) when we arrived late and requested help finding a nearby restaurant, again the concierge laughed and stayed that we were 'in the wrong city'..? 4) and finally, the breakfast vouchers we purchased could only be used in a specific restaurant at a specific time (also not communicated) and when we asked for a refund they refused 5) using an umbrella (after the cab never came) required a $25 deposit ..?

Pretty sure if we stayed a bit longer I could add to the list.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ambikas
We are so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At our hotel, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and your feedback will help us to better deliver this brand promise moving forward. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Haley Weeden