All reviews starbucks coffee local news large shower covered parking modern rooms high rise marriott properties per day nice hotel sliding door outdoor parking easy access to the highway night manager breakfast and dinner power outlets stand up shower i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

First, the pros: Very clean and well maintained hotel with spacious rooms and modern furnishings. Breakfast was quite good with limited selections but very good quality. Parking is a very reasonable $5 per night.
Now, the cons: Front desk staff not very warm or friendly. Wi-Fi was free but unfortunately erratic to the point of frustration.
Overall worth the stay if the location is convenient for you and if you can get a good rate as we did.
Note to management : The air vents in the bathroom leak sound to the other rooms. We could hear partying and conversations when in the bathroom.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheriff60
Kris D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Toronto Northeast/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Sheriff60,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in our hotel.

I would like to thank you for all the positive comments about our cleanliness and I am also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast in our bistro lounge. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I am glad to see that we exceeded in these area.

Friendliness and providing highest quality of service have been our number one priority and I am so sorry that we fell short with your expectations. This is not a typical comment that we normally receive and I would like to get an opportunity to discuss further this issue so that we can addressed this with our appropriate team members. Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 905-474-0444.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Rooms are new and confortable, price is reasonable and staff is helpful. That said, they had trouble managing a party of American guests that were throwing a bachelor party for three days in a row. My daughter and I were there for a training meet, as we have been in the past, and we could not get more than 4 hours of sleep during those days due to the noise coming from the hallway and nearby rooms. Once I alerted the staff, they informed the Americans guests, who laughed at them (I witnessed this), insulted me (for complaining), and in the end nothing was done. I paid to be in a hotel so my daughter could sleep well and do well in her meet, but she could not rest at all. I won't recommend this hotel to parents going with kids to swim meets or any other meet. Airbnb would be same price and probably you won't take the risk of having noisy neighbours. I did not know that you could throw a party in a hotel room. ;(

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Kris D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Toronto Northeast/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hi Sevilla623

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and providing us your honest feedback.

We do value your business and I am so sorry that you have experienced some disturbance during your stay. Please note that we do not permit any party in our hotel rooms and that we do take noise disturbance very seriously. We would like to connect with you and hear more details about your recent experience in our hotel so that we can prevent this from happening in the future.

Please do let me know the best time and contact number to reach you. You may also contact me at the hotel at 905-474.0444

Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Just a short one night stay but this hotel is excellent. From the warm friendly greeting upon checkin to the clean rooms with comfortable beds and huge walk in shower with Rain head shower heads to the delicious breakfeast in the morning at the Bistro..!! Seems like you are away from Toronto a good distance but a quick trip back on the bus and subway

Room Tip: 5th floor and up
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Tried to stay here with my boyfriend overnight and when we got to the first room (yes there was more than one) it was dirty, had t been cleaned well at all. The second one was a little better but still stains on the tub that could have easily been removed with some good old fashioned elbow grease. We didn’t stay the night, left and went somewhere else. Do not recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jimmy B, Rooms Division Manager at Courtyard Toronto Northeast/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hello Shaba84,

We are truly sorry to hear about your experience. Would you please contact me directly, so we can discuss your stay further. I would appreciate to know which room you stayed in, so we can follow up with the Housekeeping team.

Thank you for your stay at the property and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Budny
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This Courtyard is a nice property in a very convenient Markham location. They were kind enough to upgrade our room too!!

It is modern and friendly. Parking is an extra cost and parking spots can be further away than desirable. We had a pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear JALToronto,

We are delighted to see that your room was upgraded and that you found the location very convenient. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Best Regards,