“Great Place to explore Toronto” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edward Hotel Markham

Edward Hotel Markham
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Great Place to explore Toronto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We spent two nights at the Delta Markham . The large 2 queen (sleep # bed) room was very clean and the friendly staff made our stay enjoyable the grandkids loved the pool but missed the free breakfast. There is a restaurant on the main floor which we did not have an opportunity to explore. We booked our room thru Priceline and believe we received a good value.
The hotel is within 5 miles of a subway stop. We bought one day transit passes that include all buses, subways and trolley. This was a great way to get around Toronto. Remember TTS does not take credit cards, and token machines do not take US dollars

Room Tip: As for a room over looking the city.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that the public transit is so convenient to travel around Toronto. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Hotel lobby is beautiful! Stayed overnight in a suite which was nice and cosy. Employees were friendly and always willing to help. Loved the turn down service.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great - they are away from the possible hallway traffic. It's almost like you...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you found your accommodations comfortable and that our staff were able to provide you with any assistance required.
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We checked in @12:00pm, they said the room was not ready yet, but they reserved one room for us, and promised to give us the room key when we came back later. So my friend and I went to shopping and got back around 9:30pm. But they told us the room was taking by another people. The information of that room was still under our name!! How can they give our room to another one!! Even worse, they were trying to give us a meeting room which has NO Bed in the room! and the guy threatened us, if we were not taking the meeting room, we could go to airport and leave Toronto.
The service is HORRIBLE!!! This hotel is the last hotel I would choose!!
NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!.

Room Tip: Never choose this one!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Faye C
I am disappointed to read about your experience and offer you my sincerest apologies. I would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss the details of your concerns. I can assure you that our staff have a good reputation for providing a high level of service and am shocked at the experience you describe. I hope we have an opportunity to redeem ourselves with you and if possible to speak with you personally.
Cloverdale, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

The hotel is close to many restaurants and my headquarters (with a complimentary taxi ride). The lobby is modern in it's look but it ends there.

The hallways are older looking as are the rooms... but they are clean and comfortable. housekeeping is great - leaving your room clean and respecting the policy they have around being green... many hotels ignore it! The bed is a "sleep number" but it didn't really work so no benefit there.

Room service is fairly good - fast service for a late evening dinner.... a minor boo boo on my toast in the AM but they were apologetic and happy to replace if I wanted.... it was no problem.

Front desk staff was friendly and wanted to help wherever they could to ensure you had a nice stay.

Cab ride to nearby restaurant cluster will cost you $ 10 but the concierge might take you over... we tipped him $ 5.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. There are an array of restaurants in the area which are very good and are easily accessible from the Hotel and I am delighted that our concierge was able to provide you with transportation. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future and perhaps offer you a Guest room with a Sanctuary bed with a pillow top mattress.
Leamington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Great location for us with family nearby. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Miguel went out of his way to find an accessible room to meet our special needs.Would definetly recmmend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your kind comments with Miguel. Have a wonderful summer!
Victoria, British Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I travel to this area several times per year as my company's headquarters are in Markham. I've stayed at 3 or 4 properties in Markham and they are all pretty dull. I was very disappointed with the workout facility / gym at this particular hotel. There were weights missing and the treadmill was not working. My advise is if you have a car and are in Markham for business is to stay downtown Toronto (this is what I've started doing). Way better selection of hotels, many more things to do in the evening, and a quick 20+ min drive back to Markham in the morning (because you are going against traffic on the DVP). Just my thoughts!

Room Tip: Higher floor seem to be a bit better
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank phil4vic
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our exercise facilities. We have looked into your concerns and can assure you that no weights are missing. We actually have an oversized stand for the free weights, which does create extra space on the rack. The treadmills are in working condition and have safety features installed which prevents an accidental power on. I appreciate your feedback and hope that if your travels take you back to Markham we have an opportunity to welcome you back. Our Guest Services team would be happy to assist with any activity recommendations in Markham.
Clemson, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while on a trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto area. I bid for a room on Priceline and got the room for about 1/2 of the cost posted on Delta's website and other travel sites. For the price we paid, this hotel was a great value!
The hotel has an indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool and gym. I used all 4 and I would rate their condition as average. The pool area could use some remodeling.

The rooms were spacious and included a refrigerator which was convenient. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Our room had a Sleep Number bed.

If visiting Toronto, this hotel is about 30 minutes outside the city center (near CN Tower). There are a few places to eat in the area but with all of the traffic it was not very convenient.
For the same price, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsMorgan
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It's great to read that you found your stay enjoyable. We would love to welcome you and your husband back in the future.