“Not as nice as other Delta's”

Edward Hotel Markham
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Ontario
“Not as nice as other Delta's”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here for business for a few days. If I wasn't attached to my Delta points I would probably stay elsewhere next time.

The service is decent, the beds are good... but overall the place is dated and tired looking. Carpets in the rooms look dirty, bathroom looks pretty cheap.

The restaurant looks like something from the 70s-80s. Their Caprese salad is yummy but onion soup is disgusting. Their wine list and complementary bar mix is decent. Still, this area has lot's of other restaurants so I suggest going elsewhere....

Overall you will get a good sleep here but this place is a 3 star so don't expect the same experience as you may get in places like the Calgary downtown Delta.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
DeltaMRK, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. We appreciate your comments about the hotel and we will be informing the ownership of it. I will also make sure that our Executive Chef is aware of your opinion of the soup and the salad. We still hope that we will get another opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I booked for 2 nights.I've asked 2 Queen size beds when I made the reservation since I traveled with 2 young children. I've received a confirmation by email from the hotel that I will have 2 Queen beds in a none smoke room. When arrived, I was told that they only have a King size bed room and refused to give me what I've reserved. Finally, I've to argue and show them proof (email) before they gave me what I've asked. The next morning, the house keeping lady came and stand at the door. She asked me to give her the garbage bags so that she can empty them. She mentioned that she will be back later to clean the room. She never came back because our room wasn't cleaned.
Not a good experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: I will not book at this hotel again.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank f3nikon
DeltaMRK, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like to apologize for initially not giving you a room with two queen size beds. We try our best to provide the room reserved but sometimes unforeseen circumstances will not allow us to do so. In which case, an alternative and comparative room type will be provided. However, we are glad that the room you requested for was finally provided.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My grown children and I were forced out of my home on Christmas out our power and left us shivering in my own living room in -2 Celsius temperatures. The Delta Valhalla not only took us in and gave us a reduced rate, but also accepted our large dog without hesitation. We stayed for two nights and were treated with utter hospitality in a very trying time. Concierge Aron was particularly helpful and kind. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and look forward to returning myself someday to sample their lovely looking buffet. buffet.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Bettyanne20
DeltaMRK, Guest Relations Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences. It is a pleasure to know that Aron provided such great service to you by assisting you, your children and your pet during the ice storm. I will be sure to recognize and thank him on your behalf. Once again, thank you for staying at Delta Markham. I hope we'll get to welcome you back under better circumstances.
Toronto
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during an ice storm. Beds were comfortable and the room and bathroom area were quite nice. The lobby was well appointed and attractive. We paid $104 for the night and for the money, it was really a good deal. I would recommend this hotel as one of the best in the Markham area.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Mandy007
Thank you for staying at Delta Markham. I hope we'll get to welcome you back under better circumstances.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The hotel is old,,, Great make over has been done... but few things have to change,, Some rooms still have an old 27" TV... BATH TUBs ARE DANGEROUS!!! (roundup edges!! Extremely slippery!! ADVISE: No"couple shower!!:))

The Italian restaurant is also quite nice! Great ambiance...

What make this hotel the best in Markham region is: THE STAFF!!!!
Incredible staff!!! Especially Krystyne and Aron at the front desk! (Warm welcome! Great smile! Best attitude ever! very polite! You guys are the best!!)
I'm going to this hotel every month for the last 4 month and as long as the staff is keeping this awesome attitude; I will be back!!!

Good job guys!!!

See you again very soon!!! :)

P.Blanchet

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul B
DeltaMRK, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you have acknowledged both the Front Desk (Khrystyne and Aron) and the Tivoli Garden teams, your comments will definitely be passed on to them. We agree with you that the staff makes the biggest impression to guests. It is unfortunate that we don't have any immediate plans to renovate. However, your comments will certainly help us when one is scheduled. Again, thank you for staying at the Delta Markham. We hope that we will have more opportunities to welcome you back.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've been staying there for the last 6 months 4 days a week and they always make me feel that they care about. Every time I had a special request they took care of it.

Hotel rooms were alway clean and looking good. I definately recomend the Delta if you need to stay in the area

Thanks a lot to front desk people and specially Kristine and Anita.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alain L
Lourdes S, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your sharing your experiences with us, Alain L. I am very happy that Khrystyne, Anita and the Housekeeping Department have been taking care of you whenever your travels bring you back to the Delta Markham. I will make sure extend your comments to them. I hope that we'll have more opportunities to welcome you back in the near future.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

It needs improvement, more maintenance in cleaning. The bed wasn't comfortable. It is nice children get a small gift when they arrive. Staff is friendly, shopping close to the hotel. It was okay, but wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Createwithmom
Lourdes S, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for taking time in sending us your feedback. Your concerns regarding cleanliness will be addressed with our Executive Housekeeper. As for improving the hotel, we do not have plans of renovating in the near future but your comments will certainly be considered. I hope your children enjoyed the small gift that they received when you checked in.