“Great value and good service”

Park Inn By Radisson Toronto-Markham
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Markham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Great value and good service”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

my wife, two children and my parents-in-law stayed here for two nights. It is close to major traffic arteries but we slept very well. We were on the second floor facing the direction of the highways but did not her any noise. Staff were very nice, down to the chamber maids. Had minor issues (e.g. fridge wasn't working), and staff came up and delat with it. The rate was very cheap as well. We had two rooms, each with two double beds for $75 per night. This was during the week, though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This hotel use to be Howard Johnson but it has been recently renovated. I was visiting relatives in Scarborough so the location of the hotel was very convenient. It's right off Highway 7 and 404. The area has a lot of resturants and a mall/cinema next next to the hotel and tons of business parks.

Hotel itself is nicely decorated and the rooms were comfortable. The TV cable selection was limited and the wireless was slow. I typically stay in the Markham/Richmond Hill area and would stay at this hotel again next time I am visting relatives.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie-Eric
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I found this hotel on expedia, upon check in the rate provided at the desk was more competitive (under $100 CDN). The rooms are compact but nice. The bed was amazing and very comfortable and great shower in the bathroom. Only concern was a bit of noise from children running in the hallways (but it is summer and we were pretty close to the pool). For the price I couldnt have asked for more!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank golden83
Jason R, Front Office Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Toronto-Markham, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Markham. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will be your home away from home when you travel to the area.
Storrs, CT
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel is tucked away in a strange little corner of a commercial park, but it's about one minute away from two major highways...so it's actually much more convenient for navigating the greater Toronto area by car than many more centrally located venues. The room was small but excellent, with a comfortable bed, good (and quiet) ventilation, a newly renovated bathroom, good shower, ample refrigerator and a microwave. There's a restaurant where you can order a fairly inexpensive breakfast ($4-$8). On Woodbine Avenue, outside the loop road, we found an outstanding Chinese Vegetarian restaurant serving dim sum, and we noticed a Japanese restaurant across the street. One day, we decided to skip driving and take the subway downtown. It was a short drive to the end of the line (Shepard and Don Mills), where we parked for free and took the Shepard line to Yonge Street for the trip into the city. All in all, for a reasonable rate, we felt this little place with its friendly staff made for a stress-free week in the Toronto area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stampouttouristtraps
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This was not my average holiday experience. I went over to Canada to do some work, so my hotel was chosen and paid for. This hotel was great for location for us, as its just off the highway. It contained everything I needed, a great shower, and a very comfortable bed! And late night room service when I was working through dinner!
I have to say though, the staff were really lovely, and my room was really spacious, and clean. I don't know about expenses precisely, but it looks inexpensive as it doesn't contain the un-essential extras.
There were changes being made to the foyer when I was there, but it didn't disrupt my time there. A newspaper was available every morning for free, to have with my coffee.
On your first trip away from home ALONE I felt extremely comfortable, and safe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business