“Great hotel Modern and comfortable!!”

Park Inn By Radisson Toronto-Markham
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Markham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Great hotel Modern and comfortable!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend, it looked like a Motel from outside but the lobby and the room were very modern.. The check in staff moved us to a quieter section because they had hockey team staying and they were really noisy. The rooms were comfortable they have a Restaurant onsite where we had our dinner, it was really old, the Furniture were torn But the food was excellent and our waiter Derek was doing a great job. We could not use the swimming pool or sauna because it was over crowded. Main concern was the floors were really slippery, wifi was way too slow other than that a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms and try the restaurant !!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My daughter and I spent 1 night at this property for a gymnastics meet being held in Richmond Hill and was looking for a budget hotel. I got this property as an Express Deal booked through Hotwire. Though there was no need. The difference between the Hotwire price and the web rate for the property was $12! Not worth the bother of Hotwire. I read through the reviews of TA and was slightly concerned but I called the hotel and requested a renovated room. The hotel clerk (nice girl) noted the change and indicated that all rooms with two beds were renovated. The room was clean and nicely decorated with a beautiful bathroom. The only negative is there is limited counter space and the lighting isn't quite dim. I had to put my makeup on in the hallway (mirrored closet doors - but not the tacky 70's kind!)

We did not use the pool so I am unable to comment on it. There is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel but we didn't take advantage of that either.

This wouldn't be a hotel I would visit if I wanted to explore as there isn't much around but would not hesitate to book here again should I the visit Markham, Richmond Hill or Unionville area again.

Room Tip: Rooms with double beds have been renovated.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel has had many refurbs completed and there are many positives that make it a better than just average hotel for your money spent. A two level building that provides you with a good clean and pleasant room (not too large but everything worked well in the space as far as layout), coffee station, microwave, bar fridge, glass wall shower, free internet, LG flat panel TV and free parking. Pool area was better than most hotels due to its size and a fitness area is offered as well. Cineplex Cinema's are located on Hwy#7 just east of Woodbine (within 5 min.) with good central access to Hwy 404 & 401. Staff was very helpful when called upon. Good value, its always nice when the facility turns out to be better than expected.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

When I first arrived, I was put in a dark,corner room. Right in front of doors, where I could hear people constantly. I was not impressed with the dark room (small corner window) and went back to the desk and did comment that the room doesn't represent what I saw on the internet. The man at the desk was very quick to upgrade me to a nicer room. The staff were always very nice to me and more than willing to help. I found my new room much brighter ,nicer. The only other complaint I have is the towels/linens were rough probably due to the bleaching process. Carpet in room was clean,but stained. Cobwebs in corner of ceiling. The staff try really hard to please their guests. I did eat breakfast in the empty restaurant and found it quite nice. The waitress there was also very friendly. I think if the hotel spent more money on keeping the place comfortable they would get return guests,but personally I prefer my towels/linens a little softer and prefer not to see dust in corners.The hotel was the best price around and the staff were wonderful. Hopefully the management will look into the comfort factors . the bathroom was the nicest part of the room .I didn't go to the hottub/pool area as it was quite crowded with families/children.

Room Tip: if you are not happy with your room placement,see the front desk as they are happy to please their g...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Without a doubt, this is an older property, but it has been renovated top to bottom. The lobby area is quite nice and comfortable, and clean. The pool area is clean and surprisingly spacious for a hotel of this size. Desk staff are friendly and helpful. Check in and out was simple and efficient.

The rooms are also nicely renovated and clean, but they are on the small side. I would not try to fit more than 2 people into a room. The beds are a little too soft in the middle anyways to share. The bathroom is very nice, but also very very small. There is almost no counter space to put things, and no towel bars. Some rooms have a highway view, so don't get those. That said, the rooms are nicely equipped with microwave, mini fridge, quietest old motel style AC unit ever made, and a power bar on the side of the desk.

My only gripe are the towels. O.M.G. are they hard. I have had chips less crunchy than those. The pool towels are actually passable, if your towel is too hard, grab one of those and take it to the room.

PS. The little yellow duck in the photos is actually provided in the room. It's a cute touch, but my room only had a stand up shower... Illogical duck is cute, but still illogical. :)

Room Tip: Don't get anything facing the highway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is a clean nice hotel with big rooms located off the main streets of Markham located close to highway 7, the 404, and the 407. two blocks from a nice grocery store and LCBO, As well as a smart centre plaza. Parking is great as you are tucked away from the main streets of Markham. This place has a restaurant, that I did not try. But around the corner there is a multitude of chain restaurants. The hotel is a little dated, but it is very clean. It was also the cheapest in the area after a bit of negotiation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jasonleblanc78
Kent, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We booked here last minute after being stranded due to snow. The website says that this is a new hotel. It is not new at all, but it seems to have been taken over by the Park Inn group who are in the middle of revamping it. The website says it has an Olympic sized pool...which it does not! The pool is okay, but not huge, it was clean though. The hot tub was way too warm for actual use and the sauna would not turn on when we tried it. The rooms were very dusty, but okay, however, you can hear everything from the hall and other rooms. On our second night we were disturbed from around 11pm-3am. Someone in the room next to us wouldn't let their partner into the room. They were banging on the door for ages trying to get the other person inside to open the door. The guy trying to get in then slept on the floor in the hall for a while. Then someone from the hotel arrived and the banging on the door started all over again. Then when the guy did get in there was arguing and people falling against the wall. Twice the bang to the wall was enough to move my husband's head on our headboard. Its funny because earlier in the day they were getting on very well as my husband had the misfortune of listening to them 'getting along very well' whilst he was trying to read and relax. We told the staff about all of this whilst checking out, but were only offered a reluctant apology. Overall, this hotel did the job of giving us somewhere to stay for a reasonable price whilst we were unable to travel due to bad weather, but this wasn't the Park Inn hotel that I had expected after staying in several of their sites in Europe.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends