“Highly Recommend!”

Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at the Monte Carlo on Warden Ave for 6 weeks, 5 days a week, the staff were amazing. Specially Mae and Maryanne, they remember my name every week and check in is a breeze with them behind front desk, very friendly and warm hearted. It's nice to be greeted by such great staff after being on the road for hours. I stayed in a new room almost every week with every room being excellently cleaned. The food at their restaurant was delicious and cooked perfectly, highly recommend the deluxe burger. The hotels location was perfect for me who doesn't have a car, my trade school is a five minute walk and the viva bus transit has a stop right in front of the hotel, which will take you directly to the Markville Mall, very convenient. I highly recommend staying at this branch of the Monte Carlo Inn & Suites, I know I'll be back next year of trade school.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Josh M

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was looking forward to my stay here, as this hotel had good ratings. However, My disappointment started upon arrival. First of all, I was told when I booked the room over the phone, that the suite had a separate door to the bedroom, as we have two young children and the separate door helps them sleep better. When we checked in I realized the room they gave us did NOT have a separate door to the bedroom, and I was told that only one room in the whole place had that. So I asked to be moved to that room, and they insisted on charging me for the upgrade (about $20-$30 dollars) even though it was their mistake. There was one manager who was trying to be sympathetic to our situation, but if he really wanted to have good customer service, he would not have charged me for an upgrade at all. I was too weary to fight it, but figured it would be worth it to have a really nice suite. Well the suite was TINY! It was very nice but TINY, which is useless with two little ones. It ended up being a horrible night, as we were cramped and the kids would not sleep. The breakfast was also disappointing in selection and quality and we didn't even use the pool as it was little, and crowded. The decor in the hotel has some nice features, but our experience was very poor and we will not go back, especially with young children. The impression I get from the managers is that they are 'cheap' and don't understand that doing certain things to help customer satisfaction will help them have return customers and spread word of mouth to new customers. Exactly what these reviews do too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy D
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My mom and I stayed here on October 9, 2013. We were greeted at the desk by
the charming "Mae" who even partially walked us to our room when I looked a little
perplexed ( in my tired state of mind) where the room was.
The corridor was beautiful, as was the rooms. My bed was very comfortable, allowing me
a good night's sleep.
My only negative is that there is very little counter space so if 2 women are traveling with bags of make-up, etc., beware of this!
There was handicapped parking right near the door so we were pleased to be able to use this.
On line I had read that there was basically a pastry based breakfast, that I was thus prepared to skip. To our delight, there was in fact fresh cut up fruit, delicious muffins, toast with peanut butter, jams, etc. When my mom wanted decaf coffee they quickly got her some. The breakfast room hostess was warm and very helpful.
So I am glad to say that this was a very good place to stay and that we were not disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ERJ-f12
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights for a wedding and loved every minute of it! Staff is super friendly, going out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Rooms were very clean, and had no issue getting extra towels. Pool was a big hit with the kids! Breakfast was great also! Would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Monte Carlo inn has been an excellent experience for my family. We have been here now for over a month while our condo is being renovated. From the food services offered to the cleanliness and warm hospitality ,the staff here has made our stay an amazing experience. Some of the staff- Mahey,Nabil and Mae- have really helped us stay comfortable and entertained. Thank you. I know the staff will continue to make us feel at home for the remainder of our stay.
Bill Noumtinis and family

Room Tip: ask the front desk for a room to suit your needs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had purchased a voucher for a hotel stay, zoo visit and a discount on our supper.

We were very impressed with the outward appearance of the hotel. It was exceptionally clean, very attractive and had ample parking. It is also very busy with conferences, weddings, etc.
Upon checking in we found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. We were assigned a room on the 3rd floor.

The halls were very clean and you noticed the absence of odours of any kind. Our room was a standard size with 2 queen beds, 42" flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc. There was virtually anything you'd need for a stay. The a/c worked extremely well and was very quiet. The beds were very comfortable and had 5 pillows on each. The only drawback in the entire room was the 'plastic glasses' in the washroom. Surely such an elegant place could provide glass. It made me feel I was in a Motel 6!

Breakfast the next morning was interesting! You go to the Front Desk and stand in line to receive a voucher for each person in your room. Then you proceed to the restaurant and wait to be seated. The Staff does their best but it can be chaotic. You have a choice of the free continental breakfast or paying for a hot breakfast. The 'freebie' is largely pastries and breads along with a selection of assorted fruit sliced and diced.

The Hotel is situated on Warden, which is a main artery. It is handy to anywhere in Markham and is about a 20 minutes drive to downtown Toronto. I was very impressed with this Hotel and given the opportunity, I will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank enercontrol
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was a Wag Jag Jaunt that provided us a room, a restaurant dinner and a day at the Toronto Zoo. We live close enough to drive into the zoo for the day. However, it was a nice get away for the to of us. The room was small but extremely comfortable. We decided that it did not need to be any larger to accommodate our needs. The bed was one of the best we have ever slept in in a hotel. We had a wonderful nights sleep.The room, as well as the rest of the hotel, was very clean. The air quality was very good and you did not smell any of the cleaners used lingering in the air. The staff were very friendly, very helpful, courteous and efficient. The restaurant and hotel are separate businesses. But our experience there was also positive. The variety of choice was good and the presentation and taste of the meal was excellent. Some might think it is pricey but really isn't out of the ordinary price wise. Restaurant staff were also very friendly both in the evening and the morning. All in all it was a good deal for us and we would stay again. It was affordable and a really nice get away for us for a night and day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple