“Proximity & Cleanliness”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Hamilton, Canada
“Proximity & Cleanliness”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel on two different occasions during the last months. Both times on the third floor. The rooms are quite spacious and clean. I do not understand the white light in the room. I have never seen such light color in an accommodation especially that yellow would really compliment the bed cover color . The beds and pillows are very comfortable.

The bathrooms are of a good size.

On the first time round, I had a problem with my remote control upon which I was moved to another room (Mai at the front desk helped me with this). However, I have to qualify this help that my complain was not taken seriously at the beginning as the remote worked on the reception tv.

The breakfast "included option" is misleading. It does not include hot items. For the hot items they give you a coupon that gives a discount if you choose to order from the hot item menu. Otherwise,the free breakfast includes bread, cookies, cream cheese, butter, jam, coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. I paid an extra 8 dollars for an omelette and 5 potato cubes.

On the first stay, the wifi was perfect, on the second visit it started to kick in i.e. work at 12am in the morning.

The microwave and fridge are very clean and in working condition. Also there are complimentary coffee/sugar in the rooms.

I have not tried the swimming pool but I saw nobody in the facility

I have ordered dinner twice in the room. The steak plate is over priced and not worth the money, however the chicken souvlaki plate was perfect. Also for the amount of tip included I would imagine some salt/pepper/ketchup would be included but none on both occasions

Location is across from bus stations and parking lot.

All in all , good place to stay due to proximity and cleanliness, but some things needs fine tuning

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Jane, the employee at front desk servicing towards my stay was exceptional as she assisted in my needs, she was very professional in the way she handled situations and overall outdid herself in making my stay that much more enjoyable. Due to Jane I will be returning to this hotel whenever I am in the area, thank you Jane.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

My mom and I ended up staying here just before the Christmas holidays due to the ice storm and no electricity at the house. Now I have stayed at many of the other Monte Carlos, but this one by far is the swankiest! I'm even considering having my wedding reception here. Great rooms. Great service. Overall a great hotel.

Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It was a really nice experience staying at this hotel. Rooms are very nice, clean and well equipped. Continental breakfast is fine and restaurant food is very good as well. Staff is also very polite and professional. And all of that you get for very reasonable price. :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I travel to Toronto for business every month and this hotel has become my only choice when I am doing business downtown or in the Richmond Hill area. I've tried many different hotels but this one is the best by far. It offers free parking and continental breakfast. The hotel and rooms are very clean and modern.

The greatest reason for my high rating is the outstanding service I've received on every single visit. The front desk staff is extremely professional, friendly and helpful, If you're lucky enough, you'll get to meet the two girls I call the dynamic duo - Jane and Mae. These to girls have always made check-in truly enjoyable. They both have great smiles and just make me feel at home each and every time. They will go the extra mile to make sure that your needs are taken care of.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
montreal
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel when I come to visit my family in Toronto.
Pro: New hotel
Clean room
Breakfast included
Good price

Service: Ordinary.

Overall, an o.k. hotel to stay for the weekend instead of staying in someone's house.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Clarence New York
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Room was clean,bed was very comfortable, staff was friendly, and attentive. I found the pillows a bit too stiff and hard for my liking and wished there had been other pillows in the mix. Breakfast consisted of bagels, cereals, coffee, jams, it was simple but good. I felt that the shower head could have offered more power it was rather weak and water could of been warmer. Great location close enough to Toronto without being in the city. Close to Frankie Tomatto's an all you can eat Italian Buffet and more. Great food a bit pricey but so worth it check them out if you get a chance. Also close to Swiss Chalet. :) And to Highways.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple