“Overall great experience”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Markham
Amherstburg, Canada
“Overall great experience”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We came up to Markham on a Sunday afternoon for a Monday am Dr.'s apt in the area. It was a surprise romance package he had pre-booked for a memorable evening without our children. We stayed in the suite with a jacuzzi tub, full glass shower, as well as a comfortable king size bed. The restaurant menu was amazing. The pork tenderloin and steak was melt in your mouth delicious. Since I have a gluten allergy, I was quite happy to have them cook for me to suit my needs. The atmosphere was comfortable. It could have been a bit more romantic, such as a secluded area away from kids and general public. a designated waitress would have been nice instead of the bartender coming out to take our order in between making drinks for other customers. it simply felt like we were having a 5 star meal in an average hotel lobby restaurant .It truly lacked the intimacy and ambiance that we were expecting to have at dinner. Even a simple candle and a long table cloth would have made it feel more pampering. However, we did make up for it in the beautiful room with dessert. The breakfast was a perfect start to our busy morning. We will definitely be back. Sue and front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly, and tended to our needs.

Mr. and Mrs. Messina.

Room Tip: Choose a floor with the least small children staying there. Screaming kids running up and down the h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for a "Wag Jag" Toronto Zoo deal. The front desk was very friendly and right away made us feel very welcomed. Special mention to Candy / Nabil / Sue and Sherry. We dealt with all of these on different shifts. They were all more than helpful in giving us maps and direction. We built an instant bond with their friendship. The Inn is still very new and clean. The rooms were very quiet and they gave us the top fifth floor. We live in Alliston and this hotel will be on our list to stay at if we are sightseeing or attending shows in Toronto. You can not beat no parking. It is a better alternative than staying right downtown. I also have to mention a continental breakfast was included and here the staff was very friendly too. All the staff made our mini weekend - getaway memorable. The Pandas were the highlight.
We will definitely return,
Hk & Rk

Room Tip: Higher floors are the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Helmuth K
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For people on a budget going to Markham this hotel is great value. Front staff very polite. Good amenities, pool, gym, bar. Breakfast included in price, basic but decent. Rooms comfortable with fridge and coffee maker. Everything very clean and well kept.

Room Tip: I booked through discount site where a choice of beds was not available, so only had one bed, would...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a power outage in Toronto near Christmas on Dec 22, 2013, and after being without power all night, we called and booked in. As more and more people were without power, the GTA converged on hotels. The staff was not the least bit phased by the event and tended to our needs happily. From almost full vacancy to completely booked, the service never suffered. Even on Christmas Eve day, they allowed my wife and daughter to check out at 3:30pm rather than the usual time as they had to wait for me to pick them up after work. They even gave my daughter crafts to do and a few complimentary treats. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Greater Toronto Area.

Room Tip: Elevators are located in a central spot, very close to the front doors. The hotel is well set up so...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Monte Carlo Inn is the only place that is within 5 minutes of my relatives so I don't hesitate when I need to choose a place to stay. Extremely clean and with all the amenities of more expensive hotels, the lovely front desk girls are always pleasing to talk to when I check in and when I have a question (one of them remembered me on only my second stay here!). The room has an extremely powerful air conditioner which is good since I like to sleep in a cold room. The room I had on this particular trip was close to the elevators, but I barely heard any noise from it. The gym located in the basement is quite basic but still provided me with a good workout so I didn't have to feel guilty eating out 4 days straight. I wish I woke up at a reasonable time to take advantage of the included breakfast. Maybe next time, because for my next stay in Markham I will definately book a room at the Monte Carlo! Boo to the guests that fried something in the microwave causing the fire alarm to go off at 1am. At least the night manager was kind enough to tell me that we didn't have to evacuate the building.

Best Regards from Mr.Wong

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank D_Wong91
London
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Monte Carlo Inn for a week for family wedding. The hotel is very well located and rooms were very comfortable. Excellent and customer service was great. We would definitely recommend it to all our

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 001234
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was our second stay in this hotel. It was comfortable and clean and we would return again. The only issue was that the check-in could have been smother. I was surprised to learn that a $100 deposit is required upon check-in. I would have preferred to have been made aware of this in advance. Moreover, you must provide the front desk with the make, model, and license plate of your vehicle if you are using your parking lot, which was also a surprise, Finally, the front desk failed to inform us that vouchers were necessary in order to have breakfast. This resulted in us going to the restaurant in the morning, only to be told that we had to return to the front desk to obtain our vouchers and then return to the restaurant. In all three cases (the deposit, the vehicle information, and the breakfast vouchers), I can understand why these policies are in place. However, I think advance notice and better front desk service should make these issues less of a surprise for guests.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business