“Good for business travelers...but mind the traffic”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Probably the best HGI I've been in, very polite and professional staff on every level. Room was spotless and quiet. Only minor quibble was the key card needed to be recharged after only 3 hours. Breakfast has eggs made to order and fresh fruit, and there are FT's at the desk (nice touch). Note that the location amongst office buildings mean during morning and evening rushes, getting in and out (coupled with the construction) can be a pain. Overall very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank braneout

Reviewed 13 January 2012

The rooms, the front desk staff, restaurant and bar staff are all polite, professional and personable. I booked the breakfast package and felt it was good value for the quality breakfast that was served. There is a small pool and decent hotel gym on the property. Parking is adequate. There are dozens of restaurants in the area that are all withing walking distance. I plan to use this hotel in the future when doing business in the Markham/Thornhill area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank wbsAlberta
Reviewed 5 December 2011

family friends guided us to this hotel - and they were not wrong. Parking was easy, accessible and free, reception was warm and smiling, we were offered the beakfast package at $9.50 per day which was an excellent deal, room was as we had reserved on-line: comfortable, clean and well maintained during our three days in the hotel. Breafast room was just right with delicious choices and cooked meals to order, again prompt and smiling service. Of note, one evening as we were going out to dinner with friends, and were waiting for them to pick us up in lobby - a waiter came over to offer us coffee, tea or lemon water while we waited - when has this ever happened in any hotel we have visited - never! This hotel has obviously chosen its staff well and trained them to be most welcoming. We will be back...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank salmonangler
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Ok, let me start this by saying I think that this hotel is really quite nice and the food service is very good, for breakfast....I am rating this as poor as I just never felt that the staff at this hotel really headed my concerns about a staff person entering my room early in the morning. I didn't feel then nor do I feel today that having someone enter my room for neglecting to wake up to a wake up call was any bit called for. The management only apologized but I didn't really feel it was sincere nor do I really think they planned on addressing the issue. I travel via business quite a bit and having the chance to stay in Toronto/Markham I will not stay at the HGI...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank smorgans
Cheliyan K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham hotel. We truly value you as a guest and I certainly apologize for your experience. We take guest security seriously here at the hotel and I welcome to speak with you directly. You can reach me at the hotel (905) 709-8008. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again as a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

I recently travelled with my parents to the GTA for a family function and stayed here at the HGI as it was the most ideal location for us.

This HGI was larger than most HGI's, as the lobby felt a little more upscale but overall, provided the consistency one would expect when staying at an HGI.

We stayed in a room with two queen beds. For three adults and quite a few piece of luggage, the room was spacious enough. The room decor was slightly dated, i.e. floral motif, but on the bright side, the room did feature an LCD TV. As with every HGI, there was complimentary wired or wireless high speed internet, which was pretty fast and reliable; microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator, the three features which my parents loved having in the room. The bathroom was bright and spacious. Lastly, I liked how they had a safe in the closet.

During our visit, I used the fitness center, which was equipped with up to date equipment. In addition, I loved their pool and whirlpool, which was indoor and had a shower area to use before/after pool use. One morning while my Dad and I were still fast asleep, my Mom sneaked downstairs to have breakfast. She went for the Continental option which was about $8, otherwise the Full Breakfast Buffet was about $14. She said that she enjoyed it very much.

TIP: Self-Serve Coffee/Tea is complimentary every morning and is hosted in the lounge.

Service was friendly but most impressive was our room attendant who serviced our room three of the four nights we were there. She always greeted us very genuinely with a warm smile and was very kind and friendly. Not to mention, our room was always spotless!

Regarding location, again, it was ideal for our needs. The hotel is located in a suburban/business area, just off of Hwy. 7 and is within short distance to several dining options and highways. Otherwise, it just a quick drive to other dining and retail options.

Would we stay here again when in the GTA? Absolutely!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank norcalnick
Cheliyan K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thank you for staying with us and your time in posting a review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham Hotel.

We certainly hope to have the opportunity to have you as a guest when travel brings you back to the Markham area.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Have stayed here several times for business - consistently good rooms, exercise room, restaurant and staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Went to Toronto for a weekend getaway hubby was there on business. The waiter for breakfast was great with my young son! We enjoyed the indoor pool we were the only ones using it :) There were restaurants within walking distance which made it nice! Free parking was nice, I did think breakfast was overpriced but overall a good place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lilrere
Cheliyan K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Thank you for staying with us and your time in posting a review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham hotel.