“5 star service and that is what counts...”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed 17 March 2012

When you look at the outside of many hotels they don't look much. The same can be said for the Hilton Garden Inn at Markham, except their difference, an what Is most important is not the looks outside the hotel but instead what happens on the inside.

The rooms are the usual high standards for this quality of hotel. What is most impressive is the service I received. This as a 5 star quality service from the person who checked me to the breakfast waitress. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will be using in again on my return to Markham.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ColinShaw

Reviewed 14 March 2012

My family stayed here Dec 2011 for 1 night so my wife and I could attend a Christmas Party. The In-Laws watched our little 2 year old son and enjoyed the pool. They said it was awesome.
The staff was not only amazing with us, but treated our young son like a king. Every staff member made an extra effort to come out from behind their desk to come down to his level and speak to him.
The rooms were a good size and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GB_Jeep
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Probably the best HGI I've been in, very polite and professional staff on every level. Room was spotless and quiet. Only minor quibble was the key card needed to be recharged after only 3 hours. Breakfast has eggs made to order and fresh fruit, and there are FT's at the desk (nice touch). Note that the location amongst office buildings mean during morning and evening rushes, getting in and out (coupled with the construction) can be a pain. Overall very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank braneout
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The rooms, the front desk staff, restaurant and bar staff are all polite, professional and personable. I booked the breakfast package and felt it was good value for the quality breakfast that was served. There is a small pool and decent hotel gym on the property. Parking is adequate. There are dozens of restaurants in the area that are all withing walking distance. I plan to use this hotel in the future when doing business in the Markham/Thornhill area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank wbsAlberta
Reviewed 5 December 2011

family friends guided us to this hotel - and they were not wrong. Parking was easy, accessible and free, reception was warm and smiling, we were offered the beakfast package at $9.50 per day which was an excellent deal, room was as we had reserved on-line: comfortable, clean and well maintained during our three days in the hotel. Breafast room was just right with delicious choices and cooked meals to order, again prompt and smiling service. Of note, one evening as we were going out to dinner with friends, and were waiting for them to pick us up in lobby - a waiter came over to offer us coffee, tea or lemon water while we waited - when has this ever happened in any hotel we have visited - never! This hotel has obviously chosen its staff well and trained them to be most welcoming. We will be back...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank salmonangler
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Ok, let me start this by saying I think that this hotel is really quite nice and the food service is very good, for breakfast....I am rating this as poor as I just never felt that the staff at this hotel really headed my concerns about a staff person entering my room early in the morning. I didn't feel then nor do I feel today that having someone enter my room for neglecting to wake up to a wake up call was any bit called for. The management only apologized but I didn't really feel it was sincere nor do I really think they planned on addressing the issue. I travel via business quite a bit and having the chance to stay in Toronto/Markham I will not stay at the HGI...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank smorgans
Cheliyan K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham hotel. We truly value you as a guest and I certainly apologize for your experience. We take guest security seriously here at the hotel and I welcome to speak with you directly. You can reach me at the hotel (905) 709-8008. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again as a guest at our hotel.

Cheliyan

Reviewed 2 November 2011

I recently travelled with my parents to the GTA for a family function and stayed here at the HGI as it was the most ideal location for us.

This HGI was larger than most HGI's, as the lobby felt a little more upscale but overall, provided the consistency one would expect when staying at an HGI.

We stayed in a room with two queen beds. For three adults and quite a few piece of luggage, the room was spacious enough. The room decor was slightly dated, i.e. floral motif, but on the bright side, the room did feature an LCD TV. As with every HGI, there was complimentary wired or wireless high speed internet, which was pretty fast and reliable; microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator, the three features which my parents loved having in the room. The bathroom was bright and spacious. Lastly, I liked how they had a safe in the closet.

During our visit, I used the fitness center, which was equipped with up to date equipment. In addition, I loved their pool and whirlpool, which was indoor and had a shower area to use before/after pool use. One morning while my Dad and I were still fast asleep, my Mom sneaked downstairs to have breakfast. She went for the Continental option which was about $8, otherwise the Full Breakfast Buffet was about $14. She said that she enjoyed it very much.

TIP: Self-Serve Coffee/Tea is complimentary every morning and is hosted in the lounge.

Service was friendly but most impressive was our room attendant who serviced our room three of the four nights we were there. She always greeted us very genuinely with a warm smile and was very kind and friendly. Not to mention, our room was always spotless!

Regarding location, again, it was ideal for our needs. The hotel is located in a suburban/business area, just off of Hwy. 7 and is within short distance to several dining options and highways. Otherwise, it just a quick drive to other dining and retail options.

Would we stay here again when in the GTA? Absolutely!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank norcalnick
Cheliyan K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thank you for staying with us and your time in posting a review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham Hotel.

We certainly hope to have the opportunity to have you as a guest when travel brings you back to the Markham area.

Yours in Hospitality