“Few Days Business Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Would characterize the hotel and my experience with the staff as excellent. It is conveniently located at a major intersection and is adjacent to a number of very good eating and drinking establishments. Similarly, local public transit lines conveniently got me to my respective destinations. My only gripe is that of no courtesy shuttles offered from the major airports (Billy Bishop/Pearson).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Hello and good afternoon.
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey for our Hotel.
I am glad that you had an excellent experience while you were here with us. Our proximity to a number of great restaurants and bars makes us a premier destination in the area. I am sorry that we do not have a courtesy airport shuttle. But I will say that we are very close to either highway 404 or 407. A drive to either airport should take about 40 minutes.
I hope you enjoy the rest of you weekend and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future .

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel was good but the room I was upgraded to was a smoking room. It is about 1/2 drive to downtown Toronto. The breakfast is really good. The location is close to a large mall. If you are a hilton honors member and you get upgraded make sure you are not getting a smoking room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I travel each week for business so when I find one that is good I like to go back. The next time I am in Markham I intend to stay at this hotel as the room was comfortable and clean. Front desk staff was excellent and ready and willing to help with questions, taxis etc. It is close enough to restaurants that you don't have to drive (though a few take about 10 minute walk) and the restaurants are pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello and good afternoon.
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a survey for our Hotel and for the kind words and compliments about the hotel and team.
I am very happy to hear that we have become your hotel of choice while in Markham. Thank you very much for that. I am glad that we are able to meet - but I hope exceed - your expectations.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

friendly staff, great lobby area, nice location, full breakfast available, modern gym. Location is very close to 404. It is walking distance to many great restaurants. The rooms are average and outdated, small LCD TVs, bathrooms are adequate (typical business quality). Expensive for the area. The hot water fluctuates from hot to luke-warm. On one occasion there wasn't any hot water, when I complained to the manager and I am Diamond member, they apologized but did not offer any type of concession (points or money or even a drink). I do not stay there anymore, the full service Hilton which is only a few miles away is much better and modern.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've stayed here multiple times over the last couple of years and have always had a great experience. I stay for business and appreciate that everything is quick and easy. The service is always friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Great stay! Breakfast was excellent, included hot and cold. service both at the front desk and in the dining room was prompt and friendly. Didn't like the coffee substitute in the room, made the coffee taste awful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hilton Garden Inn's are always a pleasant place to stay. It seems to be the same experience regardless of the location. The food is always enjoyable and the rooms are clean. Never had a sleepless night at the HGI!