“Good bang for the buck”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Markham
“Good bang for the buck”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Its a solid hotel for the money. Staff is nice and helpfull. Bar is little overprised but then again so is all Canada. for $20 more there is Hilton suited down the street which is the next step up. Overall no complaints, everything is decent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I recently stayed a few nights for a business trip and was very pleased. The hotel was exceptionally clean and the staff was very friendly. The restaurant had great food and service, but there are also many restaurants within walking distance, too. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleased with our stay. Our room was an executive room with a living room and large bedroom and a glass block window that gave us light from the hallway. The indoor pool was very nice with plenty of lounge chairs to relax and the gym was very accommodating. The staff were more than helpful with answers to all of our questions and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Having the spa on site was a real bonus. The bar area was clean and of a good size but we found it to be very expensive, luckily we found a nice pub across the street with friendly locals. All in all a nice stay and I look forward to going back when the outdoor gardens are open.
Steve s

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The room was clean and provided the amenities as advertised. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful in directing me to local restaurants and other local destinations. Furthermore, the lobby and other facilities within the hotel were functional and pleasing to the eye. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Wayne S
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

A great place to stay where the staff are professional, yet friendly and courteous. They go out of their way to provide exceptional customer service and if something is not right, they will do all they can to fix it. I highly recommend it as a place where you can rest/work out in the adequately equipped fitness room as well as work efficiently in the technologically equipped business center.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The bed was so hard I felt as though I was sleeping on a cement slab. Some people like extremely firm beds. If you do, go for it. I personally do not. However, the service was great. It was very clean and quiet. There are lots of amenities as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked a room here as I was attending a wedding reception around the corner. When I arrived, I asked if there was a complimentary shuttle as the reception was literally less than a 5 mins drive- I was in heels, it was very cold out and I had intended on having a drink or two so could not drive. They advised that no they didnt have that- instead they called me a cab which charged me a flat rate of I think $10- what a rip off.

When I went to check into the room, I was greeted by some shady looking people who were just about to or had just got in an altracation right outside my door. It made me feel very uncomfortable. I was intending on telling the front desk as I felt weary about leaving my valuables behind but the shady people were hanging downstairs by the bar, right by the desk.

While in the cab, I even tried calling the desk to let them know, but there was no answer. I tried several times. Nothing.

My final complaint- they didn't offer free water bottles and there were no curtains covering the windows. Get ready for the sun to beam in!!

Would I return? Absolutely not. There are plenty of hotels right beside this hotel that will probably be better worth your money. Also- if you are trying to get a hotel that is close to Toronto, this place is not (its north of the 401). Unless you have a car, it will be incredibly hard for you to get right downtown and at least a 25 min drive in no traffic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
ToddN249, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Markham, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate your honest feedback and apologize that you were disappointed in your visit. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.