“Still doing it with style”

Peter's Fine Dining
Ranked #1 of 644 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Still doing it with style”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We've been going to Peter's for 20+ years and like this place despite it's shortcomings. Over the years they have kept the charm and overdone opulence that makes this a favorite when we want the traditional 'steakhouse' experience. They are always packed so reservations are recommended.
The service was a bit slow and not well coordinated. It also felt like they were pushing the second bottle of wine a bit too hard. The garlic bread is still fantastic but the filet mignon...though perfectly prepared was not as tender as expected. Deserts... Ordinary but they still do the flaming dessert/ after dinner drink show that you never see in Canada anymore.
We'll be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Wild_Radek

Markham, Canada
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Peter's always deliver. Food quality is excellent and the service amazing! We always go to Peter's to celebrate an event. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Thomas B
Markham, Canada
“The place to celebrate”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Whenever I want to celebrate anything special, I take my wife to Peter's. Peter's has the biggest shrimps in their shrimp cocktail. My wife loves it. Their roast beef is done to perfection. My wife likes the end cut and I like medium rare. Never a problem. The garnishments that are offered are typical - olives, pickles, garlic bread They are awesome

1 Thank IvoCanada
Cobourg, Canada
“Excellent Classic Steak & Seafood House”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Peter's is my favourite restaurant in Markham. My large lobster tail is done perfectly every time. If you are looking for the best classic steak & seafood house, this is it, with a warm wood decor, longtime staff who provide consistent topnotch service & wonderful food. Our most recent visit was for Valentine's Day. Between the two of us we had escargot, green salad with a fabulous creamy garlic dressing, steak, lobster, creme brulee, ice cream parfait & a special coffee (flamed at the table). As usual the restaurant was full with everyone, couples, families, groups of friends, being well looked after. If forced to find a flaw (however tiny), I could say that the garlic bread was a little burnt at the edges this time but literally everything else was perfect!

Toronto, Canada
“A long overdue visit”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have driven past "Peters" for probably over 40 years and had no idea what an incredibly good restaurant was hidden inside. Excellent old time steak house ambiance with an excellent menue and superb service. I could live for weeks on the garlic bread and crispy dill pickles that are brought to you almost immediately.
Prices are reasonable .. dinner for 4 cost the same as lunch for 2 at Hy's the day before.
I strongly recommend Peter's .. In the tradition of Bardi's; Barberians and Tom Jones.

1 Thank BarryDowns