“Nice fish restaurant in Markham” 4 of 5 bubbles

the fish house
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: John Street/Esna Park
Transit: Public transportation stops at our doorstep.
Toronto, Canada
“Nice fish restaurant in Markham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We tried out this place last night. The place is quite big and was busy. The service was excellent. Menu seemed to have a great variety. I got my warm water with lemon almost instantly. We ordered the crusted Tilapia and the clam chowder with a small caesar. The salad was okay. The Tilapia was good. My husband loved the clam chowder. Overall it was a good experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Toronto
“Fabulous New Menus ... Crusted Fresh Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We hadn't been to The Fish House for many months. Checked the website and found new menus for Lunch and Dinner. Crusted Fresh Fish specialties ... in addition to their regular menu which is terrific on its own!

WOW!

Been three times in three weeks as a result. She loves the Chili Coconut Crusted Tilapia. With beets and spinach. All three visits!

I've enjoyed the Sweet Potato Crusted Tilapia over a Greek salad. Excellent!

And, twice, the Crusted Fresh Fish Platter which comes with three right-sized portions of fish ... Chili Coconut Crusted Cod, Macadamia Crusted Tilapia and Crab Crusted Rainbow. Rice, steamed asparagus.

Don't forget to request the complimentary sourdough bread at lunch!

Fabulous!

Friendly and efficient service, as always.

Bot of red ... we discovered a McGuigan Black Label Shiraz that is very, very nice and reasonably priced ... actually their whole wine list is very reasonably priced!

Finished it all with a cappuccino for her and a double espresso for me.

No room for dessert!

We're heading back for sure!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Over-rated?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I went to the Fish House on the weekend, and I like the larger location. (I went to the Fish House before when it was on Sheppard Ave)
Large area with a lot of seats. Decor was simple, service was great but food was very poor.
I like how you can choose different fishes and prepare it the way you like, but when the food came out it was like cafeteria food. Potato on one side, veggies on another and a slab of fish on the third portion. I could have made this meal at home. We also got lobster bisque and I was very disappointed in the fact that there was no lobster meat in the soup. We love seafood and compared to other seafood restaurants like Diana's on Lawrence...Fish House IMO was very poor. For those who love seafood, take a drive down to Diana's and compare..you will be very surprised.

• Visited May 2013
“Average in all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

We were four, each of us had different opinion about his meal, we all had the same opinion about the clam chowder, too much potato, creamy, not as it should be.
I like the variety of fish menu they have.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto
“What's fishy about the Fish House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

First time visit since the Fish House moved from Sheppard Ave to this location. Not sure what kind of hybrid this is. On the one hand it appears to be informal dinning but has the possibility of being more upscale. The food is very well prepared and the menu is tantalizing, servers polite but they tend to be confused as to what tables have ordered what meal. But the atmosphere might as well be Pizza Hut. The tables are well used and could use a refurbishing. It could be a romantic evening place to go to but it falls flat for that. The prices are not cheap so if you are paying a good dollar the atmosphere could be a higher standard but I think they appeal to the casual patron. I was tempted to go to the Mandarin up the street where choice selection, atmosphere would have been the better than the Fish House and the price would have been very competitive.

But if you want a selection of different fish to choose from then visit the place

• Visited March 2013