“Definitely different”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cornwall
Milford, Connecticut
“Definitely different”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The pool was amazing, very large, with a diving board and a slide. It was clean, but not over-chlorinated as most hotel pools are. Towels are provided when you sign in. The locker room was spacious and contained a very nice sauna.
We had a double room, 2 queen beds, and it was more like 2 rooms, with no door between them. Each room had it's own closet and bath, which was VERY convenient. One room got the mini-fridge and desk, the other got the TV.
The Pub and cafe downstairs were both very good and reasonably priced, and the staff was very nice. We didn't try the Propeller Restaurant (buffet), as most in our party cannot eat $18 worth of food in one sitting.
The long, narrow, winding hallways to get to your room might be a real inconvenience for some, and especially for someone with a physical disability. However, for us, they added to the charm and adventure of the place. They did however make it a little difficult to maneuver a cart loaded with luggage into the room.
Our room was very clean and comfortable, and had a beautiful view.
Also a plus, convenient recycling bins were on every floor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SillyMom49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gananoque, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If the Nav Centre is the only hotel with an opening in Cornwall, drive on and find one in another town! If your convention is at the Nav Centre, stay somewhere else! This hotel is expensive; the rooms are the size of small dorm rooms; mine was south facing and extremely hot despite A/C; the bathroom was not very clean and the shower shot water out the side of the head; there is almost no counter space; there was no ice bucket; and the door lock did not work properly. Worse, think of the longest hotel corridor you have ever seen and then double it, and that might give you an idea of how far you have to walk, with right angle turns every few feet and changes in floor level. The parking lot is about a block from the front door. While there were luggage carts somewhere, they were never to be found when I needed one. There was no ice machine on my floor, and no way to carry ice from the machine on a lower floor. The food was even worse. The food in the buffet dinner the first night was tepid, to the point where I wondered about the safety of the food. The banquet the next night featured overcooked roast beef, rubbery potatoes and cold apple crisp. Even the wine selection was not good, with only chardonnay as the white wine choice, and I dislike chardonnay. While the breakfast, which included individually made omelettes, was fair, the lunch was also poor, with unappetizing hot dishes and uninteresting salads. This is a hotel to avoid!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to the elevators as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staff is horrible, when I called to book rooms they put me on hold for really long time and when finally the lady talked with me, when we just start to talk she put me on hold again. Since that it was the only hotel available during the week-end that I had to be there I had no choice than booking there. When we arrived at night around 11 pm nobody was there on the reception to receive us. we had to wait 10 mn after a long and tiring drive to have someone checked us in. Then surprise, after a long long walk throughout the hallway we finally arrived to our room, they said 2 queen bed but actually it was one double bed and I was with my two sons, the room was so tiny,.... Anyway just to say that it was a bad experience.

Room Tip: Make sure to have a confirmation on you actually booked
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Once you learn to navigate your way around this interesting building it will only get better as you settle in. The staff are what makes this place enjoyable.

We had to upgrade to a bigger room as our suitcases didn't actually fit on the floor in he first room offered :)

Free wifi was included and we had a view of the river which was nice, a bit of cable tv too to catch the news and weather.

Breakfast was at the propellor resturant which was always friendly and very good service. I'd like to see more fresh fruit served but I guess that's a small thing.

This place was fun. Apparently the gym was good too if you feel the need to exercise while on holidays/business.

There is a bus service into town outside the front door, or you can walk straight along the river until you get to Cornwall Square, it'll take about an hour, then you can sit and drink coffee and watch the world go by.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sue S
Oromocto, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Traveled here for the third time for work conference, and every year gets better. Food selection was great as was the nutrition break snacks.

The place still confusing to navigate, but not much they can do about that. The yoga teacher was fantastic, and the free wifi in my room (red section) was a bonus!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Melissita78
Kingston Ontario Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Nav Centre for my wife's company Christmas party. We upgraded our room for a few bucks more to a suite. There was a good size living room with a sleeper couch, office desk and chair, a fridge and a tub style chair. The bedroom was a good size with a queen bed, night stands, dresser and a 40" flat screen TV. The bath room was very clean and we were sure it had recently been renovated. We did not use the facilities due to timing but there is a well equipted exercise room, a spa, swimming pool, pub and restaurant. We got lost a few times, imagine that in a Nav centre, because the facility is massive. It is very well kept with I am sure constant renovations and upgrades ongoing because everything is in tip top shape. The room that hosted the party was large enough for about 300 people. The buffet was very well organised and the food was excellent. This is an ideal location for weddings and parties of any kind. I hope the company Christmas party will be held there next year for sure.

Live life uncorked and have fun.

Room Tip: Tour the facility for a while or you will get lost.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Skiforfun-7
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed at the NAV centre for 5 days and had the best sleep of my life. The beds are incredibly comfortable. However, the walls can be a bit thin. Others from my group were disturbed by noise outside of their rooms. However, I did not experience this. The cafeteria style food was surprisingly good and in unending quantity. Their personnel were top notch. After I arrived, I had no need to leave the complex until I actually left for my train after checkout - which was good since there really didn't seem to be much to do outside of the complex...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
Best Western Plus Parkway Inn & Conference Centre
#2 of 2 in Hogansburg
First Canada Inns
First Canada Inns
#5 of 12 in Cornwall

Been to Nav Centre? Share your experiences!