“Clean, cozy and great overall value!”
Review of Indigo Inn

Indigo Inn
Indigo Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Cornwall
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Genuine lodge-like feeling. Will definitely return again with my family! Clean, cozy and great overall value. Staff very friendly and helpful. Minutes away from Walmart, shopping, and downtown Cornwall.Very close to the Messina, NY border.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank RayE46

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My name is Jason. Me and my wife stayed here en route to Montreal. The customer service was outstanding. The owner made every effort to ensure we were comfortable. The room was comfortable and made us feel like home. Would recommend this hotel to anyone for the value and location.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jasonrile
Reviewed 28 August 2013

NEVER stay there. It is dirty, the room had two skimpy towels and was not cleaned once in the three nights I stayed. They would not give me a second key, lobby is locked at 8 pm and you have to phone to get someone. No vending or ice machines. No glasses in the rooms. Dirty halls, smelly and disgusting.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank sirovna
Reviewed 6 August 2013

By the standards of your average run-down, old-fashioned, dimly-lit, uninviting and generally unwholesome motel, Indigo Inn is about par for the course. At least the room appeared to be relatively clean, and the water was nice and hot. Finding the place wasn't easy as the main sign was unlit and only the smaller one - difficult to see against the background of other, larger, hotel signs - indicated where the motel was. It took three passes before we spotted it, after having spoken with the grudgingly helpful desk clerk. A dark hallway and heavy door made access to our second floor room a little awkward, and the breakfast was perfunctory. For a single night, if tired enough after a long day on the road to overlook the surroundings, it's probably okay for some. But I couldn't imagine a longer stay. Not recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Warning - This place is booking rooms as the Cornwall Lodge. Our room, although tacky, was clean, the bed was comfortable and we had plenty of hot water; however, I think we were lucky because we were put up in the"honeymoonroom". The rest of the hotel was in pretty sad shape. The pool was drained and the pool deck was littered with trash. Trash was even piled in the back of the hotel on the outside 2nd floor walkways. The hotel manager asked what time we were going to needing breakfast; we told him about 8 am; consequently the office was not even open before 8 and the pathetic "breakfast' was not ready before then. We had breakfast at MCDonalds instead. I think that we were the hotel's only guests that night and that others staying there were longer time (indigent) residents.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig379
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed there June 2013 with family - lobby smelled of mothballs - rooms smelled like stale smoke & beer - my daughter turned down her bed to find hair on the sheets - breakfast consisted of stale muffins & donuts & little boxes of cereal - hallways were dark, smelled - no one at front desk after 9:00pm to voice concerns

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Just stayed there last night. The most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in . . and I am well travelled. It was late and every other hotel in Cornwall was booked - but they had PLENTY of rooms. My first clue. I should have slept in my van . . .it would have been better experience. The floors hadn't been mopped nor swept, the bed spreads had horrible stains (like something out of CSI) and it was obvious that many who stayed at the hotel were transient squatters. I can't believe I paid over $100 for this!! New owner or not - stay far away . . . sleep in your van.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family