“The food was very good and surprisingly plentiful”
Review of The Bar Q - CLOSED

The Bar Q
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cornwall, Canada
“The food was very good and surprisingly plentiful”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had wanted a very casual meal and upon entering realized this was not a typical Cornwall restaurant - very trendy with menu items not normally found in Cornwall - more like an upscale Toronto restaurant. I ordered the mussels as an appetizer was shocked at how large the portion was and was also pleasantly surprised at the freshness of the mussels and overall taste. My wife had the burger which again was huge and very tasty while I had the walleye - again a substantial serving and expertly cooked along with an interesting array of vegetables. We were absolutely full after dinner which is frequently not the case in this type of restaurant. Definitely a higher end restaurant which from all appearances is being well accepted as all tables were taken on a Tuesday night.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Peter M

Ontario
“By far the best in Cornwall!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you are looking for a unique dining experience in Cornwall, look no further! This was by far the best culinary experience I have ever had in Cornwall - and trust me, I have tried them all! From the greeting upon entry, to the excellent service by Nick, and then the tasty appetizer, to the superb main course, finished by the delectable dessert. This is Cornwall's finest dining experience to date! I have had the pleasure of dining in many of Montreal & Toronto's finest restaurants, and have to say that Bar Q is a close competition! Cornwall folks need to discover what is in your own back yard! Give this tasty treat a go - you will NOT be disappointed! Hat's off to Christian and his team! Thank you for an incredible culinary experience tonight ~ we will be back!
'

2 Thank Luv2tripit
Cornwall, Canada
“Wow! The Best Fine Dining in Cornwall by far!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great service, menu and quality. The menu offered a superb selection of higher-end affordable cuisine [exceeding anywhere else in Cornwall]. I can say honestly that I ate the #6 out of 2000+ restaurant in Montreal two days before eating at Bar Q; had the same entree and absolutely loved the Bar Q version over the Montreal version...and at a cheaper price. Kudos to the chef/owner for finally bringing fine dining to this city. Others have tried, but have been mediocre imitation wannabes...professing haute cuisine while falling short.

Bravo! Keep up the Great work!! We will be back!

Only recommendation: Expand the wine list to include selections beyond LCBO offerings....there are plenty of exemplary wines out there that could be sold at a premium...not the same ole, same ole that we see everyday. The wine list needs to match the caliber of your menu...it falls short now

ON, Canada
“Happy Birthday to my Son”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

For my sons' 28th birthday we gave him the choice of restaurant and he chose Bar Q.
We had never been before and thought, why not??!

We WILL BE GOING BACK?
The atmosphere is cozy. The restaurant is good for a dress-up dinner night out or a birthday celebration in jeans.
The food was simply amazing! Five different plates were ordered and everyone at the table were quiet while eating in between commenting on how good the food was.

Service was great.

1 Thank Gwen S
Canada
“Yum! Beef Bacon & Beer!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Excellent food! Even better beer selection! They only serve craft beer here which, as a craft beer lover, is amazing! They often have selections not offered on the menu so be sure to ask!

I ordered a steak that was cooked to perfection and my husband also ordered a steak, he ordered the Q-steak, which is wrapped in bacon. Unfortunately because he enjoys his steak rare I did not try it. But he said it was amazing, so I'll take his word for it.

I ordered the risotto balls to start... It was amazing. I suggest it to everyone! The staff is super helpful and friendly.