“A little Piece of Heaven”

Walnut Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Vancouver
“A little Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2008

This was a really great surprise, I was most impressed wth the set up of the facility, the decor and design was beyond'. The rooms were set up practically with the use of a fridge and stove, flat screen tvs in each bedroom and great room. The choice of the beach or pool was heavenly with the sun always shining, and a beautiful dock to park the boat at no charge. A truely great stay, thanks for such great service staff. We will be back!!!

• Liked — Clean, Great Beds, Beautiful Setting
  • Disliked — No free weights in the workout room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank LovingLife007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Abbotsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

My wife and I stayed at Walnut Beach Resort just after it opened and we were absolutely blown away by the beauty of the rooms and the view of the water and courtyard. The hotel sits right on the water with a private beach and dock for boats, which we`re looking forward to brining with us later this summer.

Our room overlooked the courtyard, which has an outdoor pool, two hot tubs, trees, shrubs, pergolas for shade and even built in barbecues. All the rooms are suites with kitchens that have granite countertops. We stayed in a suite, but there are also one bedroom and two bedrooms units available. Only drawback was the lack of a full service restaraunt in the resort, but we made due with the wonderful Tapas bar. Also, Osoyoos needs a Starbucks! Wonderful experience all around though and we have booked a stay during the summer already.

Stayed May 2008
Abbotsford, B. C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Walnut Beach Resort May 30 - June 1, 2008. It was an exceptional experience. From the moment we arrived we were treated to excellent service by the staff. While this property has only been open for 2 months everyone knew their job and performed it well.

ROOM - We had a third floor 1 bedroom suite (room 333) which was immaculate. It had a great view from the balcony of Osoyoos Lake and the pool deck. It was well equipped with first class appliances and more than enough cutlery, china and kitchen gadgets to allow a family to live there. The decor and furnishings were great.

FACILITIES - The Resort has a fantastic pool deck with a heated pool and 2 hot tubs and lots of BBQ's to allow for outdoor cooking. There is also a great private beach just below the pool and a large wharf (bring your boat).

FOOD & BEVERAGE - The bar area is very tasteful and has a great view over the pool deck and lake. It has a tapas menu with a good selection of items. We attended a banquet which was catered into the Great Room and extended out onto the pool deck. They fed 220 people an amazing BBQ dinner. The bar's selection of B.C. Okanagan wines is excellent.

ACTIVITIES - In addition to the many hotel activities, the town of Osoyoos is just a short drive away. There are many great golf courses nearby and the best selection of wineries in a concentrated area (The Golden Mile) in all of Canada. We toured 6 wineries in one day and acquired some great vintage wines not available in the stores.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE - I highly recommend Walnut Beach Resort as the best resort / hotel in the entire South Okanagan.

• Liked — New and stylish decor
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank TravellingCanucks17
Abbotsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

The location and construction of this hotel is unmatched! The weather in this region is consistantly warm in spring and summer months including well into September. The amenities offered were exceptional including poolside drink service, hottub sauna, steamroom and pool. The views from the property are breathtaking overlooking the lake and hanes point. Rooms were clean and comfortable and very roomy. Kitchens allowed for staying in, but with so many excellent restaurants in the area we chose to eat out!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Abbotsford, Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

Having heard so much hype about Osoyoos in the past year, I decided to take advantage of the great prices being offered at Walnut Beach Resort and see whether it could live up to the amazing photos on their website. When I pulled up to the hotel, I was truely surprised at the "paradise" that has been created. (it is the only resort in Canada that can offer this amazing desert landscape). The moment I entered the high end foyer, I started to feel like I was across the planet on a tropical vacation (all this in May and I was still only 3 hours away from where I live). The scenery is breathtaking and the hotel ammenities are what you would expect at a 5 star hotel(sauna, fitness facility, huge pool, two hottubs, tons of lounge chairs, sun terraces, huge beach front with boat slips, lounge area and pool patio with full licenced service). Perhaps the most pleasant surpirse was the amazing service I was given throughout my stay. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and quick to meet all of my requests. I found a gem of a hotel and plan to return again in the very near future. Next time I stay, I'm going to take advantage of the nearby golf and my wife is already planning her wine tour locations. Can't wait!!!!!

• Liked — Pool deck and patio
  • Disliked — I wasn't able to stay longer than tjust he weekend