Walnut Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Tamri Motel(Osoyoos)
  • Free Internet
Casa Del Mila Oro Resort(Osoyoos)
  • Beachfront
1,280 results
All reviewsprivate beachpool areamountain viewunderground parkinghot tubfull kitchenone bedroom suitebeautiful locationlounge chairsgreat poolwine barsteam roomwasher dryeroff seasonosoyoos lakefamily vacationlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here as a base while we checked out the local wineries, in the standard one room suite. The location was great; from here, we were able to bike to 5 wineries in just half a day. The view from the pool is beautiful over Lake Osoyoos. We like kids, so it wasn't a huge issue that the resort seemed populated primarily by young families, but it was a bit of a drag on our romantic weekend away that even after dark, the pool was full of splashing kids and pool toys - not the hotel's fault at all, but just something to keep in mind when you're planning your trip. Our room was nice and clean, but not as outstanding as I'd expected for the price - old carpeting, thin scratchy towels and decor you'd expect in a pretty standard hotel. Nothing wrong with that, but at almost $300/night, a little class and some fancy touches is nice. Having said that, the kitchenette is well stocked with any dishes you might need and very convenient to have. The service was good. Not outstanding - took forever to get service at supper time - but good once someone was available. Food at the restaurant was good - we recommend the BBQ Brie for two! Be aware - there was only one vegetarian entree option on the menu... Wouldn't hurt to have a couple more. Probably wouldn't stay here again, but no regrets that we tried it this time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was floored by the mold in our suite (120) and by the web of bugs that seems to have collected around ceiling corners. Many of the "little touches" were missing and made it such that there's no way I'll ever stay there again for $450/night.

• Stayed: August 2014
Walnuts66, General Manager at Walnut Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

We have no record of anyone notifying us that there was a concern of mold in your suite. I can assure after cleaning of our suites, a full inspection is done before it is rented out again and mold would be something we would be looking for. Although not a problem here in the south Okanagan with the dry weather here, sometimes mold can form in the grout of tile but we have only seen that occur in our steam bath and had to redo the grout to correct it (two years ago). With our south and north shore of our property being government appointed riparian lands that need to be kept in a natural, untouched state, coupled with being on the lake, the spider webs are a huge issue as they reconstruct daily. We can completely clean away webs from an area and they will be back in the same location the next day. We are aware of this issue and are always working on it.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was a highly anticipated wine tour and relax holiday. I have been to Walnut Beach before and the pool and private beach are nice to have close…but the whole place needs a cleanup. New carpet would be a nice greeting statement and a few handymen fixing broken latches, drawers, shower doors, would help. For the price one pays a guest should be able to expect detail.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback. This time of the year, with the resort running close to capacity on a daily basis, keeping the hallway carpets looking good is a major challenge. So much so that we are looking into a composite rubber flooring compound that looks like distressed wood flooring to replace the hallway carpet for next season. Being a beach resort with every suite having kitchens and complimentary BBQs on the pool deck for guests to use, we get a lot of food and alcohol spilled on the hallway carpets. When we steam clean the hall carpets, there are no alternate routes to take inside the hotel so the wet cleaned carpets get walked on and luggage carts rolled over and wet and sandy feet on them right away and can often look worse right after we clean them than they did before we started cleaning them. Its a challenge that I hope will be eliminated with the change scheduled for this off-season. The same type of challenge occurs in maintenance with damage to rooms, furniture, walls and other items and being sold out constantly leaves us no opportunity to put a room out of order for more than a few hours for repairs. We will do the major repairs immediately but minor things will be put off to the fall when we have empty rooms to shift demand into. I had a complaint last week because we were doing wall repair in the hall ways and we had white wall filler compound patches all over place for one day (we had them all painted over within 24 hours). If I hadn't fixed the walls, what would have looked worse? We will and always have continuously performed the required maintenance and upkeep to allow our resort to garner reviews that score 4.5 out of 5 over 7 years in a row.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and myself stayed for 3 days in August/14. Perfect lake front location to relax. The two hot tubs were just the right temperature as some are way too hot. The room was very nice, with kitchenette where we made all our own meals. We bar-b-qued every night, there is 4 or 5 large bar-b- que's by the pool area. We never ate at any of the restaurants so I can't comment on them. We were a bit surprised that there was only very basic cable TV, didn't even have A&E, my husband was not happy about missing Duck Dynasty. We couldn't find the Spa, they never responded when we left a call back number so my husband said let's just walk down there, we asked a employee where it was but just got kind of a vague answer. They have lots of luggage carts in the underground parking so it was nice not to have to carry bags. There is room along the road for oversized vehicles to park. My only real complaint would be the mini fridge could have worked better. I will stay here again on my next trip to Osoyoos, as it a little gem in the desert.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Walnut Beach Resort in August and it was spectacular. It's right on the water, with watercraft rentals right on the beach. Nice room with small fridge and dishwasher. Beautiful pool. There is no complimentary breakfast, which we are used to in the states, but you can eat in your room with the small kitchen.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family