“Not All Units Are Equal”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osoyoos
Village on the Lake
Meridian, Idaho
“Not All Units Are Equal”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My "average" rating takes into account several separate units we rented as part of a group. Not all units were equal in any way. While our unit (#307) was mediocre at best, some of the other were quite nicely furnished and equipped. We later learned that most are individually owned and managed by different entities.

We found our unit tidied up but it had not appeared to have been cleaned recently. I cleaned the floors, counters and bath myself. The linen situation was almost comical with one towel per person in our unit (4) even though it was said to slept a minimum of 6. This was it for the week. Housewares looked to be random, without a full set of any glassware or plates, yet we had two sets of silverware.

The pool was nice but no shade. The dock is across a small two lane side street but visible from most of the units.

Room Tip: Ask questions about the specific unit you are renting. Not all units are equal or furnished the same...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
edmonton
Reviewed 14 June 2013

we stayed at 103 townhouse at village on the lake.
the place was dirty, dirty dirty...
floors not washed.... coffee pot not cleaned mould in the coffee pot. pots and pans
not washed.. the bbq had not been cleaned after someone used it .. patio furniture had to be
washed and scrubbed as layers of grime and dirt on it...stains on the rug... the beds were terrible.. could feel every spring in the mattress....had to complain to get clean bedding and towels we washed... the staircase outside were not lit up so at night you would have to feel your way up to your door...hot tub cold.... as the swimming pool
In other words this place is a disaster....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank marleen t

Travellers are raving about these Osoyoos hotels

Nakusp, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed at Village on the Lake this past weekend for Oliver 1/2 Ironman. We chose the place because it had 3 bedrooms and there were 6 of us traveling. The pictures looked good, so we booked it although i had reservations doing so since once booked, we couldn't cancel the room.

I tried numerous times to get information from Sid, the property manager, prior to our arrival and only received a confirmation letter at the very beginning. It seemed I was bothering him when I phoned which was only twice, once to make sure he had received our request and a second time to find out what we were supposed to do once there (procedures etc..).

The phone number provided on the website didn’t work. I figured it out by looking at my confirmation; there was a number that worked. (that same wrong number is also on the sheet provided in the information package we received at the Holiday Inn when we checked in).

The key situation was a gong show. The fact that Sid did not even know which unit was assigned to us made me nervous. If I didn’t ask for a parking ticket to put on my vehicle, it wasn’t on the package he left for us with the Holiday Inn. The keys we were given didn’t work and we had to go back which made us very late for our dinner reservation. We were already a bit tight on time thankfully the restaurant was extremely accommodating and were able to take us later on.

The bed I slept on had no mattress cover and it was terribly stained and yellow. The bedding is atrocious; old, thin, everything felt dirty.
The other bedrooms were not much better but at least had a sleeping pad. (we took pictures)
The bathroom was less then clean when we arrived, hair left in the sink from the previous guests.

The kitchen was a nice size, that was a good aspect of the suite.

We were asked on the information sheet provided to fill the dish washer and start before leaving. There was no soap provided to do so.

There was no recycling garbage bags (the clear ones) but we made it work with what we brought with us.

There were no instruction or map on where to find our room either; we did, but it is such a nice touch when a complex with that many rooms offers a map of the place where the amenities are and the room numbers.

All this combined left all of us less than impressed. I own accommodation in Nakusp and there is no way we would supply such poor service.

As I said above, stay at the Holiday Inn - right by the water, friendly and accommodating staff, and I am sure a lot cleaner than what we had to deal with.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 948Marie
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This property is average among the list of options in osoyoos with a higher price tag. The property was well enough until the manager came to our room the first morning and accused us of going in the hot tub after hours. We never went in either the pool or the hot tub our entire stay. Not only were we offended by the accusations but how she came at us over something so minor. We were never given an apology after we defended ourselves and can't believe these people are in a hospitality position. This experienced not only ruined our long weekend stay but after discussing our conflict with other guests we uncovered many more disappointing encounters. Do not stay here as long as this duo are managing the property.

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank Dguchi
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Although the condo itself was very nice the Condo was not clean. There were large stains it the carpets in both large bedrooms. The white bathroom towels had stains all over them. Some towels were so dirty they weren't even white anymore. There were bodily fluid stains on the white sheets in the Master bedroom (gross) and we had to wash every dish in the Condo before we could use them. I brought all this to the attention of the owner and he said his cleaner was out of town and that I should just be positive and enjoy my stay. :( I asked for my cleaning fee back because I had to purchase new bedsheets, towels, and kitchen cloths so I could enjoy my stay. Never heard from the owner again. You be the judge...
Property/Unit
#54849

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Barb G
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We are a family of 6, 2 children, their parents and us grandparents. We were in for the week of June 30th to July 7th, covering both National holidays, as Osoyoos is near the US border.The condo was scrupulously clean, a bottle of wine to welcome us after a long hot drive and pool outside the 5 meters from the door. This is closed at 10pm. Beds were comfortable, and deck provided extra living space. The children made friends very quickly and spent the week either in the lake or the pool.
The management were responsive to any requests we made and were strict about noise
I agree completely with arfyandsharon,s comments

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are ideal for children coming in and out of the pools. There is a lift to the 3rd...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Keep in mind we did not end up staying here, so I cannot comment on the property. We tried to book a stay here and the resort made it extremely difficult to do so. We are planning a trip in August and we wanted 2 rooms for 2 nights. According to the website, there is a two night minimum stay in August. We wanted our rooms to be near each other, so before booking we called the resort. No one answers the phone, and you're luck if they return your calls. My calls were never returned, but my friend's were. She was told there was actually a THREE night minimum stay requirement, despite what the website says. After leaving another message to discuss whether a two night stay was possible but still not having anyone return my call, we decided to book somewhere else with a modicum of customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends