“Hot summer spot, book carefully”

Sahara Courtyard Inn
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Osoyoos is a great summer destination, however when it comes to accomodations, it can be difficult to secure a good place at a good price. We paid $150 for our 1 bedroom basic motel and I definitely would not go back. They called our suite a renovated suite and so it scares me to think what the unrenovated rooms would look like.
The rooms all face a courtyard which has a pool and grass lawn for kids to play, however traveling with my husband and baby, this was not exactly what we needed. The linens looked stained and so we asked to change them with a complaint from the owner saying they are new. The other issue was the 14 year old doing the check-in at the front desk, is the owners daughter. Not great for customer service!

The location is great, mind you everything in Osoyoos is close to the wineries and beach, so I would not choose this location just on location.

We went with a $155/night option and got what we paid for given that this is summer at their peak time. My suggestion, book early and pay a little more and enjoy your hotel stay more than we did! ;)

Room Tip: You can book a room facing the courtyard if interested. Definitely book a renovated room, as th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sahara Courtyard Inn

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed as a family of three. The atmosphere at the pool was awesome. Families we're picnicking, kids swimming and the guys grilling their protein on the BBQ. However, everywhere we looked, it was if the owners rushed to finish their renovations in a half hazard, cluttered, half finished and unsafe manner for the summer. The pool gate latch was broken and the fence around the pool wasn't bolted to the pavers below. Nothing in this hotel makeover was done correctly or to code. I wonder how these guys even have an operating permit! The rooms were costly and kitchenettes were poorly stocked. We had one coffee mug. The room required maintenance and the paper thin towels were about 30 years old. The grounds has renovation materials scattered around and recycling from all the drinking piled high in the courtyard. Location was good.

Room Tip: Stay away from the upper level, corner patios unless you want to sit next to a noisy air conditioner...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank twinkletoes03
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I read many reviews before my stay this past weekend, most seemed ok so I was hopeful! Turns out, all was not great. The courtyard has been redone & is very nice! The rooms are a different story :(

We had 2 rooms, which were very old & out dated. That was not the problem - what I could not deal with was 7 spiders living in various spots all over the room. 5 of them were in the bathroom alone! A bonus is that at least the sheets were clean, from what I could see anyway.

The biggest issue I had, & someone should let the owners know - when you change a room from smoking to non-smoking.....you need to do more than just slap a non-smoking sticker on the door!!! The room stunk of heavy smoke. The carpet, bed & all pillows.....literally everything in the room was saturated & was disgusting. I tried not to move all night, because every time I did I released the stench form the pillow! A slight smoke smell would not have bothered me, but this was much more than a slight smell! We joked about sleeping in the courtyard on a lounge chair....sadly we probably should have, at least I would have slept & wouldn't have to worry about getting cancer from second hand smoke!

Not a great stay, do not recommend unless there are no other rooms available.

Room Tip: Ask to see it before you check in, that way you can smell it first!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chukie_24
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed there from Monday to Friday in early July. Our room was modest but seemed to have been recently renovated. It was very clean and inviting. We had a full kitchen which was full functional with a good selection of pots, plates and cutlery. The courtyard was what really sealed the deal. Every room had their own patio table and everyone seemed to use them for dinners. Great bbq pit area with good quality Weber bbq's nice grassy areas and the kids loved to pool. Great place for large groups or family reunions. We are looking at getting a big group of friends and heading back next summer. Great time and great value.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed 4 August 2014

On the plus side the location is great- really close to the lake. It also has a nice courtyard area with a fair bit of seating and a pool.

On the negative side the customer service was non existent. From missing basic manners to having another conversation while I was on the phone trying to talk to them and book a room, the managment was horrible. Normally I wouldn't have followed through with staying there but it was the only place in town to have an open spot on the long weekend.

The price came to just under $300 including tax for one queen size bed room, I thought it was pricey for what it was.The washroom walls were dirty, the paint was chipped and they had the tv on top of the fridge hanging over the sides. It just really didn't come across like they cared too much and didn't take very much pride in the building or what they were offering to their guests.

If it's your last option then I'd say take it, osoyoos is a beautiful place to stay. But i'd imagine there are much better places for value and friendliness.

Happy travels!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Twofeetasleep
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Vacationed here with my wife and three kids and booked a kitchen suite. Cancelled after the first day and booked the holiday inn for cheaper.
- Room not renovated as indicated.
- Kitchen suite not stocked with cookery.
- Bathroom was not clean.
- Occupants next door parked in our space and owners did bother themselves with this issue.
- Bathroom with large cobwebs. No one obviously cleaning.
- Owners let their teenage daughters run the check in, who cannot be bothered with guest concerns.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Misty3108
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Some of the worst service ever! They gave us a room where the key did not work in the front door or sliding glass door, could not get into the room period. Asked the staff to help, they used a master key on the rear sliding glass door to get in and open the front door from inside. They made no attempt to fix the door. The door knob on the front door would not even turn. We wanted to go out to eat so I talked to the front desk, they said they would fix the door while we were away and locked the sliding glass door with their master key.

When we returned it was obvious they had done nothing and handed the same keys back to us to use yet they only attempted to open the sliding glass door with the hotel master key again except even it wasn't working and for a while we were completely locked out of our room!!! Then she made me try and open the front door again with the same keys that didn't work the first time. Of course she knew full well they wouldn't work and then went to find a different master key for the sliding glass door which managed to open it. Never once did they apologize for the inconvenience, give us a different room, or anything. Treated us like we were a nuisance. Probably the worst service possible and I will never stay at this place ever again!!! Would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 10!!! In fact, just don't stay at this motel!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends