“Book Elsewhere”

The Riviera Motel
The Riviera Motel
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Rather than go on about the faults with this Motel, I shall just give other travellers the best advise........ if you want Over Priced, in need of repair, noisy and Tacky....... book this Motel. I would strongly suggest ANOTHER Motel ......

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susie622

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Typical dated motel, complete with old and well worn towels, mismatched pillows and average bed. Was clean enough though. Across the street from the beach. Speaking of the beach, I was there recently so it was off season , but it's kind of dirty. Maybe all the motels (10-12 on this little stretch of beach) all pitch in and spruce it up come tourist season? Fair bit of garbage, broken glass, beer cans, etc. At the west end of the beach (I think it's west) there are a few nicer resorts and the beach is spotless there. At this motel, it just feels a little sketchy, the folks staying there, and the fact there are no real motel doors, each room only has sliding glass patio doors with a tiny little key to lock them. Felt nervous going out and leaving anything in my room of value. Would do in a pinch if you're stuck for a place to stay, but I wouldn't go back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank budgetroamer49
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed 1night at the Riviera. Room smelled bad when we entered. Never stayed at a Motel where the entry door was a sliding glass door. Air conditioner worked...all night long. Beds were hard and low to the ground. The room did have a small refrigerator which worked, but there was no ice machine on the premises. You had to go to the liquor store to buy ice. The bathroom had only 1plug and the shower didn't work. Plenty of water from the faucet, but when turned to the shower, it just drizzled out. Water temp kept switching from hot to cold. We were on the second floor and the stairs were a bit shaky.
On the positive side, it was close to the waterfront.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed there 5 nights, from July 22-27, 2013, in room #21. Great location, 2 min walk to the beach and less then 2 min to the liquor store. Our room was clean, nice kitchenette with big fridge. A/C was working (24 hours a day). The stuff was not bad, we did't have any problems.
The motel NEEDS renovation!!

Room Tip: Room #21 was good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennyAlexG
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Riviera Motel. We did like the location.Our room was called a suite. Living area big enough. Bed room was just enough for a queen size bed. Difficult to walk around the bed. Air condition was a bit out of reach. I had to climb on a chair to turn the A/C on or adjust it. The control was above the (apartment size) fridge. Bed room lamp had no light bulb, nor the one in the living room. I did ask to get light bulbs. Then we discovered, that one lamp was not working. Got replacement lamp. Next day our garbage bin was not emptied. Nor the coffee replenished. Not much to recommend about this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fragan1
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I don't like this hotel any more I did when I was a kid not now I say if you are looking for a hotel don't pick the riviera to far from town and it doesn't look like a great hotel at all the services sucked and it was to far from town to walk when it very hot and the people who ran the hotel were rude to us

Room Tip: If you go to osoyoos find closer to town
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Geoff J
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

I been coming with my family to osoyoos since I was a baby to stay at my gandparents house. When I was alittle older we sometimes started to stay in this motel it was fun because I was realy young and other family like my aunts uncles and cousins stayed here to. But when I became an adult i could stay here with friends or a girlfriend it was a good place to come. But as of may 12th 2013 I came to stay with my girlfriend my parnts drove us to osoyoos and payd for the room my girlfriend stayed we went after to put our stuff into our room my mom said $100.00 a night was to much for this room my talked to the owner And got some money off the room late that night my girlfriend and. I was alone n t osoyoos. We said the room stunk like hell because there was a leater of realy bad stinky milk from feb. 28th 2013 in the fridge the room stunk like hell so we asked to go into another room that room was more smelly then the first room in the fridge there was something nasty in and the room was cold maid service this time was none at all the lady was rude to my girlfriend and the sliding door did not lock properly. So we will not be stayingat this motel as long we come to osoyoos.

• Stayed: May 2013