“water fun”

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“water fun”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Centrally located, the staff at Starlite Marina and Beach shop were great! They have everything you need to frolic in the water, from paddle boards to seadoos.

kdjfkjsdhf
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good value”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Nice enough folks, nothing special but reasonable price for a SUP rental. Good location for most of the local beaches. Kind of wish they didn't rent jetskis, but I wish syphilis wasn't on the rise worldwide as well.

Castlegar, Canada
“not bad- and alot of fun.”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Rented a boat for 4 hours- the boat ran a little rough but our family had fun. The wake board was unuseable but they did not charge us for it when we explained the issue. The tubing was great! and they explained how to use the boat well. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Vancouver, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Kind of crazy or is it me?”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Let me preface this by saying I've never driven a Sea-Doo before but I've been on boats many times and am not at all water phobic. I do not swim well at all. All this was explained to the staff before we signed up for a 2 hour Sea-Doo boat for 3 people (myself, wife and 7 year old son). The procedure to get the pleasure boat user licence was next to non-existent. Reading though a few statements and basically signing of a waiver that you knew what you were doing when its clear I didn't. Then a 2 minute guide on the boat and how to control it then off you go.

Let me be open I was very nervous about driving this thing and to make matters worse the lake was extremely choppy and busy with other boats. Now to me is it safe to let a complete rookie out there in such conditions with a little child with other boats speeding around.

After 15 minutes I decided this was crazy and returned somehow back to the Marina. They charged me for an hour and refunded an hour. The people were all very nice etc but I think they need to rethink their procedure of letting people on the water - its not safe IMO.

2 Thank Sanj1967
Vancouver, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Meh”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Jetskis are throttled to go only up to 65-ish km/h. This makes the ride bumpier and less enjoyable. Also, they charge you for the jetski ($75) and the gas you use. For an hour it'll likely cost you $100-115. I have had a much better experience at Lake Skaha, where the jetski rental is cheaper, faster, and gas is included in the price.

Visited July 2012