“Awesome location!”

Watermark Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Checked into this resort with a group of girlfriends for 2 nights. Got a 2 suite bedroom with 2 washrooms, full equipped kitchen, with big size balcony overlooking pool and lake, on top floor. Perfect layout, clean suite. Free parking underground. Great location, close to restaurants, cute coffee shops and lots of wineries on the area. There is also a big grocery store around the corner. You can walk around all the perimeter of the resort just across the lake for a wonderful view. We went to the wine bar for drinks only late at night, very good service. It was very hot and we had a very good use of the pool. Have to say that we were rather noisy the first night and we never got any complaints which is a lot to say for the noise proof units. The setting is perfect for weddings, lots of greens and very romantic place. We had only one issue with one of the a/c that stopped working in one of the rooms and it was fixed immediately. Staff was very courteous and friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel for anytime of the year.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking pool and lake.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank billiken17
Write a ReviewReviews (1,500)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Only had a quick stop over here on our travels. I wish I lived in BC, I would be here all the time, it is amazing. What a lay out in the rooms, everything you would need, home from home and a brilliant location. Staff very helpful on our arrival late at night. Shame we only had one sleep over here, the surrounding places to see looked superb, lots of wineries too, outlook travelling up the pass looking down onto Osoyoos was amazing. Recommend this one

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I managed to arrange a night away from our 3 sons and we were really looking forward to the Watermark.

Upon arrival we were greeted warmly at the door, followed by a check-in process that was efficient and friendly but not polished. That first interaction is always so important and the Watermark did a good job in this regard.

Our room was on the ground floor by the pool and hot tub. Although the weather was not ideal, the unit's location was great for anyone who wanted to utilize these two amenities which were easily accessible from the private patio. The room, although not lacking in size (full kitchen, sitting area, washer/dryer, two closets), was poorly laid out. With all the square footage there was only 1 small bathroom allotted to the space, and the only access to this area was at the main entrance, meaning there was no access at all directly from the bedroom. This led to inconvenience and privacy issues. We also found it hard to get ready together, with one person in the shower and the other trying to use a foggy mirror. There was no other sink-mirror combination in the unit.

The truly unfortunate part to our stay was the encounter with hair in our shower that wasn't ours. Two long thick black hairs were hard to not to spot but only viewable once one was actually using the shower. One was on the wall with decorative tile and the other was wrapped and left hanging from a chrome bath towel bar. It's something I realize that can happen, it's just something that doesn't leave you feeling very clean.

I notified front desk prior to leaving for dinner. I essentially whispered across the front desk to the lady that checked me in. I said, "I'm not a complainer, but there were 2 hairs in our shower and I thought you should know." She apologized and said she would note it in my folio, I told her it wasn't her fault and I left.

At check-out, nothing was mentioned to me about the housekeeping error and the price of my room was left unadjusted. I never said anything and departed.

I don't know if the standards of the Watermark was reflected in how my bill was handled or if their processes were at fault. However when charging over $200 a night, having a guest report they showered with a strangers DNA present should not be taken lightly, nor should the process of tracking a guest complaint be so inefficient that it gets lost in 14 hours. So either way the Watermark failed miserably on the level of guest service they express they provide.

Breakfast was very good, though not included and not inexpensive and the property grounds and beach were great. We'd go back, but would probably seek alternatives first.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason P
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was awesome. Service magnificent! Allows dogs. Stay off season. Cheaper and quiet. Rooms just Beautiful and CLEAN. Will never stay anywhere else again.Thank you WaterMark! BTW love the pool and the 2 ducks that swam with us. Lol..

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We decided for a quick getaway in the middle of the week just after Easter and what a nice surprise!!! I've never been to Osoyoos and we thought we'd check it out. The weather was a bit iffy and not that warm, but not raining either.
We arrived at the hotel earlier than check in and asked the lady in the front if we could check in earlier. She was very helpful and even took my number to call me once the room was done. We had underground parking which was really nice. All the staff, including the manager were so friendly and helpful. I just loved the room!! They gave us a nice big room overlooking the pool and the lake right smack dab in the middle. Exactly what we asked for......away from the elevator, ice machine, stairs.... We will definitely go back when it's warmer. Super job Watermark Beach Resort!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AfricanQueen68
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Super new, great location right on the lake, fabulous F&B. I mean high end quality tapas style dinner options. Truly talented Chef Scott and his team are outstanding delivering awesome prepared dishes to a restaurant overlooking the lake.
Superb, quiet A/C . . . . I mean real quiet system not noisy at all.
Pet friendly which I think is just great! The rooms are fabulous, most overlooking the water. I saw 2 ducks swimming in the lakeside pool one early morning, very cool.
Kids will love this place as it has a waterslides and Dad's will enjoy the open to guests BBQ's.
The staff are all smiling and friendly. Parking is free.
I stayed for three days and was blown away by the service, the newness of the property, the awesome lakeside location and the F&B.
This place sells out quickly for the summer. I recommend you look to their shoulder seasons for a visit. This place rocks :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights this week and couldn't say anything bad. The room was amazing, we even brought our dog, which they were more than willing to accommodate. We would recommend the watermark for anyone who is staying in osoyoos. A++

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osoyoos
Spirit Ridge
Super 8 Osoyoos
Super 8 Osoyoos
#9 of 26 in Osoyoos
Maple Leaf Motel Inn Towne

Been to Watermark Beach Resort? Share your experiences!