“The Perfect Family Vacation”

Watermark Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Vancouver, Canada
“The Perfect Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family (wife, 12 yr old daughter and her friend) and I just got back from our annual trip to Osoyoos. We stayed at the Watermark Resort (again) and I have to say it was our best trip yet. I haven't traveled a LOT, but I have traveled enough to know a good when I see (or experience) it. This place is amazing. The staff are extremely friendly and always helpful. It's almost as if they really enjoy working there :).

We arrived on July first to see a flurry of Canada day activities happening literally on the doorstep of the resort. It's like Canada day happens in Osoyoos AT the Watermark. That night we witnessed the most amazing display of fireworks I have ever seen. The city launches the fireworks, again, right next to the resort. So my wife and I sat on the grass with a few thousand other people and watched as fireworks exploded right above us. It was awe inspiring.

The rooms are very nice. Very comfortable. We had a full kitchen in ours with everything we needed. Kinda like staying in a condo but better.

Oh, btw, there is a water slide at the pool. The girls spent the better part of our time up in Osoyoos on the waterslide.

My wife and I also had a very romantic dinner at the in-house restaurant one night and it was perfect. Great food. Amazing desert! Super accommodating and friendly staff.

I will continue to visit Osoyoos every chance I get and will never stay anywhere other than the Watermark.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a lake facing room and book at least 3 months in advance.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

After the Bride cancelled we all still went, and had a wonderful time at The Beautiful Watermark Resort on the Beach. Great views, kitchen, living room, suite.
Lots to do, and wineries everywhere. Fruit Stands, and minature railway, and neat walks.
The staff were amazingly friendly, we would go again and recommend this place again.
Nearby.

Room Tip: Get a room, away from pub next door, and pool is noisy, until 10:00 pm
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JsJ66
Langley, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed a Friday and Saturday night for a wine tour weekend. Room was essentially a one bedroom apartment with small furnished kitchenette. High quality appliances including fridge, dishwasher, microwave, small coffeemaker with daily coffee included. Good quality tableware and utensils. Room was overlooking main street rather than lake, but room was set back from street and fairly quiet. Good quality king size bed. One TV in bedroom and one in living area, both with Telus Optik TV included. Small stacked washer and dryer. Bathroom a bit small. Entire suite very clean and nicely appointed. Free gated parking. Staff was pleasant and efficient, and not overly intrusive which I like. Grounds are clean and well manicured, Hotel fronts on beach on Osoyoos Lake. Had a couple of nice evening walks along promenade adjacent to lake. Wine and tapas style restaurant has surprisingly limited food menu but huge selection of local wines. Food was good, service was kind of indifferent. Property also includes time share real estate, lots of literature available for that but was not pressured to buy at all. Nearby amenities include pub, liquor store, grocery store, drug store. All in all a very nice experience, I would go back and probably will.

Room Tip: Lakeview is more expensive but probably worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NorthShoreMike
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went down to Osoyoos for a few days including Canada Day fireworks. As usual our stay was fabulous. Best location, rooms are clean and spacious, staff are friendly...no complaints. This was our 4th stay at the Watermark. Not sure why some people are complaining as we have always had a great stay. Recommend it to all!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SonnyYVR
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

For all those looking at doing a trip to the beautiful Okanagan area of BC - make sure to check the Watermark Resort. Conveniently located in Osoyoos, attached covered parking, ensuite laundry, full kitchen, beds were comfortable, not too noisy from the units we were in. Front desk staff are outstanding! pool and hot tub is clean and welcoming after a long day at work. Highly recommend Jo Jo's cafe, a short walk away for breakfast or lunch! Great for a pleasant weekend away for couples or families.

Room Tip: Lakeview is great, otherwise street view is still fine third or fourth floor is ideal to avoid traf...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank plang
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Good hotel. Dirty, filthy pool and hot tub. Some of the staff was very rude.

Hotel has a good location; it's right by the lake. But that's the only good thing about this place.

We paid for the lake view balcony room, but the balcony partition doesn't go a the way, and you can see people on the other side standing on their balcony - yelling in their underwear - that is not why we paid extra for the lake view room.

Our room phone wasn't working either, and housekeeping only came 1 out of the 3 days. I had to call them the other 2 days.

We took our 3.5 year old to the pool and there was dirt, small rocks, flower petals, leaves and 2 band aids floating in the water. The hot tubs were just as bad.

Then the staff (Debra) came and started yelling at my wife for having a floaty in the water. They said they don't allow floatys in the water. Well, how do they expect our 3 year old to enjoy the pool safely then...

We called the front desk and asked if we could check out at 11:20 am instead of 11 am. They said NO, and hung up.

This place is ridiculously expensive, but it's not worth at all, it given the lack of hygiene in the pool/hot tub and the staff's attitude...

If you're looking for a memorable family vacation, this place does not make sense.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank anshu a
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked three nights at this resort. I was surprised at the cost per night as compared to other hotels in the area. The suite was great except for the fact that 5 stairs prevented us from taking the luggage cart all the way to our room and we had to hand carry our belongings the last 50 feet to our room. Definitely a design flaw. A ramp should be considered. The tiny flat screen TVs should definitely be replaced with larger sized screens at least in the living room of the suite. The coffee maker was in pretty rough shape but still made a decent pot of coffee. I would suggest a replacement of an appliance showing this much wear especially with the cost per night we were being charged. Would we come again?....yes. Would we be looking for better pricing before booking again...yes! There's acceptible pricing and overpricing and I think this time it was overpriced. Not even an included continental breakfast which I expect at hotels like this I frequent for business. A check in gift better than an empty beach bag would be more appropriate as well. Staff were great and accommodating. Multiple Fire alarm issues throughout our last night with the last one actually waking me was not acceptable and we should have been compensated better than we were. If we had been compensated better my review would have been less negative but that was the last thing from our trip that stuck with me. A relaxing trip should not include getting woken by a fire alarm!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple