“Worth the extra $”

Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stop in Osoyoos most years, and have generally stayed at another, somewhat less expensive motel. Spent a bit more money this year, but it was well worth it. Our 4th floor room overlooking the lake had a fabulous view. Since we stayed over Canada Day, we were also rewarded with an incredible view from the balcony of the fireworks display over the lake. The room itself was fine, beds comfortable. Staff were friendly, and the underground parking was nice. The beach area was clean, and the kids enjoyed themselves. Yes, it cost somewhat more than similar hotels in other places, but that's to be expected as Osoyoos is a popular summer getaway location.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
vega11ca, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear DX2GO,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and that you were able to really experience what our property and Osoyoos has to offer!

Thank you again for your kind words, and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This Hotel is way over priced.we decided to go with the breakfast hotel combo. What a waste of money.It worked out to approximately $20 each. There is nothing on that menu that is $20, plus they charged $3 for the coffee. The only thing going for that room was the view. Was too nervous to go out on the balcony as it looked like there would have been a large group of people jumping on it.Everything had sunk on the posts of the railings.took pictures and will be sending them to main branch if the Holiday Inn.Would not recommend this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
vega11ca, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Mary W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at our Hotel. I apologize that you did not have a good experience at breakfast, and that you didn't feel comfortable enough to use your balcony. I invite you to contact me directly regarding your experience, as I would like to confirm the room in which you stayed. Our guest's safety and comfort are extremely important to us and I would like to ensure that the problem is repaired immediately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

First was a 15 point questionnaire about our pets even 5 star hotels don,t do this
The room was clean out side of the hotel needs maintenance
Pool was peeling and did not seem clean over chlorinated
Parking was not secure
Restaurant food was ok
There was no offer to help with baggage
I would rate this hotel at 2 star and no more
After paying $1100.00 for 4 nights never even got a thankyou for the stay

Room Tip: Don't stay on the road side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank briggsrt
vega11ca, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Briggsrt,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I invite you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss these matters in detail.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Osoyoos.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was stoked to arrive at the Osoyoos Holiday Inn and be right on the lake. I was in the old part of the hotel but was still really pleased with my room. It had a HUGE balcony that walked right down onto the beach. It had a microwave and fridge and was a peaceful stay. From my window, I watched the sun set over Lake Osoyoos and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My room got really hot at night but that is my only complaint. The staff was friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
vega11ca, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Hilary F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am really happy to hear you were able to enjoy our amazing location and views from your balcony. I apologize that your room got too warm. I appreciate you bringing that issue to my attention, and I have reported this issue to our Maintenance Department for servicing. Candid feedback from our valued guests, like you, enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your kind words, and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here for a week in July. The rooms were clean, parking was safe, and staff were friendly. Would stay here on business again. Not sure that I would stay for a vacation. The focus is on value, and by no means compares with the watermark. Great location

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
vega11ca, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Evan.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at our Hotel. We appreciate your business, and are happy to hear that you will continue to stay with us for your future business needs.

We are a vacation destination! Surrounded by water on 3 sides of the hotel, our property features lake and mountain views from every room, a private beach and activity island, hammocks, 2 restaurants, on site Marina (open May 15 - September 15), complimentary kayak use for registered guests (based on availability), complimentary boat moorage for guests, 10% discount off of boat rentals for registered guests, indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center, and communal BBQs. We have suites available with beach walkout access, too! Our property is located withing walking distance to the downtown core, pubs, grocery stores, restaurants, and more. We also offer free wireless internet, free local calls, and free parking.

I sincerely hope the next time you visit our hotel, you have the opportunity to enjoy some of the many amenities we offer! I invite you to contact me directly when making your reservation, and I will be happy to assist you in finding the room that fulfills both your business and leisure needs, so that you may take advantage of our amazing property.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We checked into a room that was literally sitting within the parking lot. It smelt of cats as it was a room that allowed pets. We went and checked with hotel front desk to be moved and they were not interested in our concerns. Waterfront area was lovely yet very restrictive and small. Beds and pillows were definitely not Holiday Inn standard. We are an IHG frequent traveller and know the standards are usually very good. Next morning we went and found another hotel (Beachclub which was excellent), checked out - left early, and the staff still were not at all concerned. The feeling given - we will sell the room to another as the city was close to sold out. We called the hotel general manager several times after leaving, left messages to provide feedback and discuss, he/she never called back. Do not stay at this hotel. Worst Holiday Inn we have ever stayed at in the world and we normally enjoy Holiday Inn. Very disappointing. This happened several months ago and still lingers with us as such a bad experience.

Room Tip: Beachclub an excellent alternative.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NVTrvlr
vega11ca, Front Office Manager at Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear NVTrvlr,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the standard of service that you have come to expect from our brand. There has been a change in Management since you stayed with us in 2013, and it is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive, and we welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights. june 21,22,23 2014
Was on a lake view suite … two bedrooms comfortable beds.. one room ensuite bathroom.. nothing fancy (bath did not have a anti slip material and no rubber anti slip mat).. complete kitchen, second bedroom with 2 beds. Living room kind of dark , but a door unto the balcony gave off light, one window, lovely views from balcony, but had to stand up to see the view.. as the solid cement wall lining the balcony was very high. TVs in two rooms, wide range of channels.
All the staff were charming and helpful, phone did not work when we first got there and eventually going down to the desk, as you could not phone, Martin came and fixed it. The "key" cards kept losing their information so frequently one had to return to the front desk to have them reprogrammed.
Place was clean.. went swimming in the pool and the floor of pool has been damaged, badly chipped in places and was unpleasant to stand on. Hot tub was good and hot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends