“never again!”

Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Reviewed 30 July 2006

We just returned from a 1 night stay at this hotel. We were shocked by the condition of the hotel. It is run down, the walls are paper thin and the neighbors are very noisy. Kids were also loud and running in the halls. As soon as we entered the room we noticed there weren't enough towels or kleenex and had to ask for these supplies. Beware if you book the "lakeview" rooms these actually face the highway, with the other half of the lake on accross from the highway. Highway was noisy until late at night. We have stayed at various Holiday Inns before and this one was not in keeping with the quality of all the other Holiday Inns that we have stayed in. Also, for the price they charge here you can actually get a deluxe room at other hotels in Penticton or Kelowna. Our brother was actually staying at the Super 8 next door to this Holiday Inn and we checked it out and were surprised to find it was actually a lot better than the Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
7  Thank baileyman

Reviewed 24 April 2006

My husband went to Osoyoos BC for a convention and I tagged along for a holiday - I booked online for a room at the Holiday Inn which was more than convenient - everything was wonderful from the price to the suite that we were given to the staff - the only thing that was not so perfect was the weather - which we know is not anyone's fault and the last day was picture perfect - overall we spent a couple of terrific days in such a beautiful scenic place right on the water with great walkways and we will certainly recommend the Holiday Inn to everyone!!!
Thank you again for a great home away from home!!!!

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank PJWALKER13
Manitoba
Reviewed 1 April 2006

My sister and I very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our suite was very nice and overlooked the Lake & valley. The room was nicely decorated, clean and looked new. The on site restaurant was fabulous (The Sol Grill Room) and featured many of the area offerings such as Wine as seasonal fruit & vegetables. The staff was friendly and very eager to please us. All in all, a very nice place. The location is amazing, by far the best in the town from what we could see.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary
Reviewed 28 March 2006

I stayed at this resort for the entire month of January. My wife and I were planning on touring the Okanagan by staying a few days in each small town but when we got to this hotel, we decided to stay. The staff was very professional and went that extra mile to make us feel at home. They offer a full daily activites program with such things as Aquafit (2 class times 3 days per week), chocolate making, bus trips, bingo, massages & manicures and just too much more to mention! Our suite was very nice & very comfortable and I think the carpet and tile were new (looked like it). The view from our suite was absolutely beautiful. We just really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and felt compelled to write a review after reading some of the negative ones. I would not hesitiate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario
Reviewed 22 November 2005

I stayed at this hotel in August and again in September for a week each. I was looking around Trip Advisor and happened upon the current reviews and really felt compelled to give my review. I found the staff to be very professional and friendly. My suite was very clean and in fact in great condition. Any requests were met with prompt & courteous service. The pool & fitness center were clean and also in good condition and both restaurants were excellent! I just really enjoyed my stay at this place and was very surprized by some of the other comments as I did not see any of the issues that were addressed. I was told this hotel has been in business since 1947 (although rebuilt inthe '90's), so they must be doing something right. I think more people tend to post negative comments than positive ones...and if they weren't consistently up to Holiday Inn standards, they wouldn't be one!

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2005

This hotel has a wonderful location with lake views from both sides of the building. Unfortunately, there is not much else about this Holiday Inn that is positive. We waited more than half an hour at check-in for the person at reception to check in one party. The time would have been longer but two couples in front of us left saying, "there must be another hotels in this town". When we finally got to our room, there was something left in the freezer from by the previous guests. Even though we had a double room (with two queen sized beds), there was only one chair in the room. When we asked if there should be a second chair in the room, the person in reception said they had no idea what should be in the room. Basically, great location - poor operation.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank whistler2010
Reviewed 31 August 2005

We stayed at the holiday Inn Sunspree this summer for 5 days and I must say that the quality and service was very poor. The room we stayed in was unclean and looked tired. The service up to check in til check out was unfriendly, grumpy and childish. They ignored our concerns and said that the manager was off duty. I guess there is no manager there because they could never find him. I think he must have been at the beach soaking up the rays during our stay. The indoor pool area was unclean and the water was murky. We had ordered room service one night and the staff who took my order was unfriendly, the bus boys who dropped off our order laughed as they arrived at our suite and threw our food on the table. It seemed to us that all the staff was annoyed by all the tourists...cuz there was no smiles and no service. We ate at the resturant located at the hotel and the only positive thing was the food. The service was similar to the hotel. When you order there: you must tell them that you are staying at the hotel if your kids are eating the KIDS MEALS..which are free for them. The wait staff did not inform us. We heard about it at the beach. Two annoyed customers informed us. We had paid for four kids meals, the hotel would not refund the "kids priced meals"when we checked out. They said that they don't like to announce that kids eat for free!!!!
I did enjoy the hotel ocation (close to the down town area and beach on the front and back of our hotel) and the beach. That was the only plus on our vacation. Next time I'm going to stay at the Super 8...it looked great and I heard that the service was fantastic plus very clean rooms.
Sad to hear that this hotel belongs to the "Holiday Inn" chain.

• Stayed: August 2005