“Nice location”

Holiday inn Hotel & Suites Osoyoos
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Reviewed 20 August 2006

We stayed at this hotel on the July long weekend. Our room was situated above the hotel restaurant overlooking the lake across the hwy. The room was a good size with 2 queen beds across from each other (instead of side by side) and included a kitchenette with mini-fridge and micro-wave. It was quiet as we were at the end of the hall. We were in the older section of the hotel, however, and I was disappointed with the quality - not up to par with most Holiday Inns. The room was not the cleanest - the walls could have used a good cleaning and there were holes in the wall above the kitchenette, where cabinets were removed, and had yet to be filled. The ceiling light fixture was missing the cover!

The service at the front reception was not great - the lady appeared to be run off her feet and the other gentlemen did not seem to know much. When you are standing at the counter, it would be nice to be acknowledged and say "I'll be right with you" instead of just being ignored.

Location wise, it was great! Right on the lake (the other side of the hotel - not the side we were on) with a private beach and a nice lake -very shallow - so great for little ones! I didn't think it was worth the price we paid.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Reflections

Reviewed 6 August 2006

We unfortunately started off on the wrong foot with the reservation. I used expedia to get the price. Expedia was offering it for a good price, I called the hotel, the hotel said they would match the price, but also noted that the expedia rate was an "advanced booking rate" that was non-refundable; they would do the same, but if we cancelled we would forfeit the payment. I had no problem as we were sure of our trip. The lady I spoke with also said the bonus of booking through the hotel was that we would know what we were getting, and thus she could put us on the fourth floor of the hotel, the new floor (only two years old) with a view of the lake. Absolutely!

Upon arriving and checking in a few weeks later, they showed me the rate and the rate was not what I had paid. Somehow although she quoted me the rate over the phone, that was not the same rate she had applied. When I spoke with the manager over the phone, he told me that the rate that she had quoted was not for the fourth floor, and although the rate she quoted me exists, it was not for our room. Although he admitted she must have somehow made an error in communication, he refused to budge on anything (rate, gift certificate, something!) to account for this error. He kept speaking over me and at the end I was irate and hung up feeling like I was taken for a ride. Once they have your money you can't get it back.

None the less I didn't want it to ruin my anniversary, so we went for dinner, on the way I called my credit card company to file a complaint, they said I'd have to send it in writing. On the way back to the hotel when we walked through the lobby, the lady who checked us in told us that "they had taken care of the rate." What prompted that I don't know because the owner would not do anything when I spoke with him, but we were quite pleased with that.

Anyhow, on to the actual hotel. The 4th floor was beatiful. The room was huge, wonderful view, great A/C, you're right on the beach. Couldn't ask for more in regards to the hotel facitliy itself. Aside from the reservation blunder I'd stay here again.

4  Thank PB69
Reviewed 30 July 2006

We just returned from a 1 night stay at this hotel. We were shocked by the condition of the hotel. It is run down, the walls are paper thin and the neighbors are very noisy. Kids were also loud and running in the halls. As soon as we entered the room we noticed there weren't enough towels or kleenex and had to ask for these supplies. Beware if you book the "lakeview" rooms these actually face the highway, with the other half of the lake on accross from the highway. Highway was noisy until late at night. We have stayed at various Holiday Inns before and this one was not in keeping with the quality of all the other Holiday Inns that we have stayed in. Also, for the price they charge here you can actually get a deluxe room at other hotels in Penticton or Kelowna. Our brother was actually staying at the Super 8 next door to this Holiday Inn and we checked it out and were surprised to find it was actually a lot better than the Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
7  Thank baileyman
Reviewed 24 April 2006

My husband went to Osoyoos BC for a convention and I tagged along for a holiday - I booked online for a room at the Holiday Inn which was more than convenient - everything was wonderful from the price to the suite that we were given to the staff - the only thing that was not so perfect was the weather - which we know is not anyone's fault and the last day was picture perfect - overall we spent a couple of terrific days in such a beautiful scenic place right on the water with great walkways and we will certainly recommend the Holiday Inn to everyone!!!
Thank you again for a great home away from home!!!!

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank PJWALKER13
Manitoba
Reviewed 1 April 2006

My sister and I very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our suite was very nice and overlooked the Lake & valley. The room was nicely decorated, clean and looked new. The on site restaurant was fabulous (The Sol Grill Room) and featured many of the area offerings such as Wine as seasonal fruit & vegetables. The staff was friendly and very eager to please us. All in all, a very nice place. The location is amazing, by far the best in the town from what we could see.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary
Reviewed 28 March 2006

I stayed at this resort for the entire month of January. My wife and I were planning on touring the Okanagan by staying a few days in each small town but when we got to this hotel, we decided to stay. The staff was very professional and went that extra mile to make us feel at home. They offer a full daily activites program with such things as Aquafit (2 class times 3 days per week), chocolate making, bus trips, bingo, massages & manicures and just too much more to mention! Our suite was very nice & very comfortable and I think the carpet and tile were new (looked like it). The view from our suite was absolutely beautiful. We just really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and felt compelled to write a review after reading some of the negative ones. I would not hesitiate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario
Reviewed 22 November 2005

I stayed at this hotel in August and again in September for a week each. I was looking around Trip Advisor and happened upon the current reviews and really felt compelled to give my review. I found the staff to be very professional and friendly. My suite was very clean and in fact in great condition. Any requests were met with prompt & courteous service. The pool & fitness center were clean and also in good condition and both restaurants were excellent! I just really enjoyed my stay at this place and was very surprized by some of the other comments as I did not see any of the issues that were addressed. I was told this hotel has been in business since 1947 (although rebuilt inthe '90's), so they must be doing something right. I think more people tend to post negative comments than positive ones...and if they weren't consistently up to Holiday Inn standards, they wouldn't be one!

• Stayed: September 2005