“Great food and plenty of it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of McKia's

McKia's
Ranked #16 of 57 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food and plenty of it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Didn't try this restaurant the first night but really wished we had as it was hard to choose what to eat because there were several dishes I really liked. I wasn't disappointed with my choice. Landlord was very friendly, chatting to us about Canada and his and our families. Food was freshly cooked by his wife and it was really good and plenty of it. I am a good eater but struggled to eat it all. Very relaxing and comfortable. Would recommend it.

• Visited May 2014

Maple Ridge, Canada
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were staying at the Best Western, Osoyoos at the weekend and wanted somewhere nice to eat out for dinner. We decided to try McKia's as it was in the actual hotel, I am so glad we did! The staff were so welcoming and friendly, especially Todd. We were there with our 2 daughters and we all really enjoyed the food. We were really impressed with the service and went away happy. We're planning to return next summer and we will definitely go there again :)

• Visited July 2014
“Great food great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I was at Mckia restaurant the night the large group was in. They were very rude to the staff. They were all talking at the same time it was very confusing to me as an unlooker/ customer. I have eaten at McKias many time I have never had a bad meal there.The food is always hot and very tasty.The presentation ,the portion ,the price and the staffs are very friendly yet professional.I will return again and again. The best place in Osoyoos to eat and take your family...Mckia. Restaurant is the place to eat..The Chefs are the Owners and you can tell right away they take pride in what they do.my family will be back..Thumbs up all the way...

Osoyoos, Canada
“Worse Dining Experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Probably the most terrible dining experience I have ever had in Osoyoos. A group of nine of us went to McKias for dinner a few nights ago. The restaurant was fairly steady considering there was only one server on. The waitress was extremely frazzled and borderline rude, as two people in our group were being a bit difficult. When she came to grab our order, I forgot to specify whether I wanted the marinara or alfredo for my vegetarian tortellini, and instead of asking me she just assumed she knew what I wanted. When our food arrived (45 minutes later), my pasta came in a red sauce so I kindly told her that I forgot to specify which sauce I wanted and that I wanted the other one as I do not like red sauces, I even apologized when in actuality it is her job to ask the details if the customer does not specify when ordering. She took our pasta back and it arrived 5 minutes later in the alfredo sauce, luke warm and all my vegetables stained red. Three of us work in the industry, if someone doesn't like something you absolutely do not RINSE the food to correct it. After eating (made it through about a quarter of the plate) we all finished up and when the bill came I politely told her about the rinsing of the pasta and the small portion of the pasta (Which was $18 dollars for about a handful of pasta and veggies). I wasn't asking for a discount or compensation, I just wanted to let her know so that maybe it doesn't happen to other people, and she looked at me and walked away. Not a word, no apology nothing. Needless to say, I will never, ever return to this place. The food was mediocre and the service was terrible.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Marie R
Osoyoos, Canada
“Horrible Experience With The Mother's Day Buffet.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited this restaurant twice in May, will not be returning. The server both times was horrible. The first time we visited it was for a friend's birthday lunch. She ordered "2 more bellini's" and he returned 25 minutes later with two beef dips. The mother's day buffet had no menu service. After being asked to stay with a discount (and dining with a 5 year old and a 18 month old) we stayed. There were only a few things on the buffet that they would be willing to eat, and when the trays got empty, the didn't refill it with the same things. The service was bad as we had to go to the bar to get our drinks refilled. The buffet trays were heated with propane, and only one of about 5 was lit. I'm concerned this is a health issue as most of the food was not kept warm. When we tried to express that we were unhappy that they changed the food throughout the night and paid an arm and a leg for a bunch of pasta, the lady was EXTREMELY RUDE. She even walked away mid sentence. The menu food seems to be decent and a good value. But we will not be dining in here again!

• Visited May 2014