“Excellent Gelatos”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Osoyoos
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Opened for business in 2006 as Osoyoos Gelato and quickly established itself as the #1 gelato outlet in the Okanagan. In 2014 changed name to Roberto's, although other than the name everything stayed the same. Some of the purest, most flavourful gelato you'll be able to find!
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Last year, my wife and I discovered this place while looking for a post dinner dessert during our first ever stay in Osoyoos. While looking at the offerings, we found something called Kulfi that is an Indian dessert made of condensed milk, almonds, pistachios etc. We tasted it and found that it was as good as anything we have had and ended up enjoying it. This year I was passing through Osoyoos and I made it a point to revisit Roberto's for another Kulfi before heading across the border for a Mexican lunch in Orville. I was disappointed to find that it wasn't available. However, I was recommended a pistachio almond gelato that was also superb. Roberto himself was kind enough to tell me to let him know ahead of time next time I'm visiting Osoyoos and he will ensure that Kulfi is available. I will someday take him up on that offer and drive 400 Kms just for that.

Robert K, Owner at Roberto's Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hi, I remember you were in, and were after the Kulfi. It has become a pretty popular flavour and I apologize again for not having it that day. That is a long way to drive for just a serving of Kulfi, I hope you find something else to occupy yourself with! ;-)
Regards,
Robert

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

You gotta try this! You can sample as many as it takes to make the difficult decision when ordering. Tiny little shop with outdoor seating, next to bike rental place.

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write your review!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I had the chocolate mousse on a waffle cone, it was great! Not a lot of indoor seating, but there are tables outside. The kids said they liked their cones too.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I could go to Roberto's Gelato every day. There is always a delicious and special flavour to taste. This week, the Lemon Basil Sorbetto returns. My other absolute favourite is the Sea Salt Caramel gelato. The staff is friendly and engaging. It has outdoor tables and chairs. A great place to stop after dinner.

Robert K, General Manager at Roberto's Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for your favourable review, much appreciated. I hope we'll be able to serve you many more times!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This gelato is extremely delicious, it is twice as good as any other gelato I've tasted and if all you have ever tasted is ice cream; you don't even know what good is.
The prices are high but you get what you pay for.