“Kent Munroe - A Great Guide, An Interesting Guy”

Desert Country Wine Tours
Ranked #4 of 16 Food & Drink in Osoyoos
Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kent Munroe - A Great Guide, An Interesting Guy”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We booked our tour AFTER Kent had shut down for the season. He was just about to "moth ball" his van for the season but took us out anyway. We had fun, learned a lot about the area and felt welcome at the vineyards we visited. His recommendation of 2 smaller vineyards to visit the next day in Naramata were excellent. We highly recommend him for his knowledge of the area and vineyards, his interest in his clients and his attention to detail.

Visited November 2013
kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this review, 28 November 2013

Yes it was another great day in the South Okanagan, having the wineries to ourselves was a extra special, & once again thank's to Manny at Tinhorn's Miradora Restaurant for giving us a table with an amazing view & another fabulous lunch .

I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon, I enjoyed your company & it' always fun touring this fabulous wine region.

Thank you for taking the time to review my company Desert Country Wine Tours, as a small business owner reviews like yours mean so much !!

I look forward to offering you another tour when your out this way again, & I'm pretty sure we can find some more tasty wines for you to savour & take back to Toronto...

All The Best in the New Year
Owner

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Day”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We booked a day begore the tour and were added to a group of 6 that was already booked for the day. Kent helped us get acquainted with the group and we had an excellent day. We saw 6 wineries and Kent made the visits more interesting by giving us additional information on the owners, process, etc. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this review, 11 November 2013

Yes it was a fun afternoon , Thanks also should out to the staff at Miradora Restaurant , Manny , Reana & staff who once again, made our lunch a wonderful experience for our group of nine.

Thank you also for taking the time to review my company Desert Country Wine Tours.

I look forward to offering you both another fun winery tour in our beautiful South Okanagan Valley

Osoyoos BC
Port Hardy, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Kent is the guy to go with!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We booked with Kent without knowing much about him, but he was wonderful. He picked us up at our hotel right on time. He gave us some history of the area, some knowledge of growing grapes and the wine making process. He took us to some great wineries, although he started by asking if we had any preferences and was very patient with us as we tested and shopped. He booked an excellent restaurant for lunch and again was patient while we ate and drank and chatted with everyone on our tour.

I would highly recommend Kent and Desert Country Wine Tours! He gave excellent value for our dollar, and his prices are very reasonable.

Visited September 2013
kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you Leighton, Bev ,Don & Laura ;
Glad you enjoyed your day !! Thank -you for taking the time to review my business, reviews like yours mean so much to small business.

I look forward to the opportunity to offer you & your friends another tour in our Beautiful South Okanagan Valley & I'm pretty sure we can find a couple more wines for you to try :) !!

Edmonton, Canada
“Kent was a wonderful guide and tailored our tour to our tastes”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Kent selected 12 wineries for us to visit over 2 days after talking to us to determine our tastes. He provided a lot of very I interesting information about each winery, the soil differences etc. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and we would gladly visit more wineries with him.

Visited August 2013
kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank Mark & Jane for taking the time to review my business as a small business owner I really appreciate your kind words & comments.

I also enjoyed your 2 day winery touring experience You both really did sample the very best South Okanagan wines . I look forward to future visits with you again , I'm sure by that time we'll have some more fabulous wines to sample , taste & purchase !!

owner Desert Country Wine Tours
Osoyoos, British Columbia
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Great experience! Went for a wine tour this weekend for a friend's bachelorette.. we ended up filling 4 boxes of wine and Kent put them all in the boxes and carried them back to the van for us. Very knowledgeable about the wineries and cared about our experience. Highly recommend this company!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Serena F
kent35, Owner at Desert Country Wine Tours, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review my company, I really appreciate it as a small business owner .
It was a pleasure spending the afternoon with you lovely ladies,

It felt special to be a part of your wine touring event celebrating your upcoming wedding with your close friends.

I was glad to help out and look forward to an opportunity to offer another safe & fun filled winery tour in our Award Winning South Okanagan Valley .

Thanks again !!