“Great View of Lake”

Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
Delta, Canada
“Great View of Lake”
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My wife and I stayed in one of the suites facing the lake during the Canada Day long weekend and had a great time. Management had a free BBQ dinner on the patio which included free wine and beer. It is a short walk to the shopping centre and we sat on the beach and watched the fireworks. Our suite had a full kitchen, bedroom and living room with an extra bed and hide-a-bed so you could sleep 6 if necessary. Staff were very friendly and helpful and since it was part of our honeymoon, the privacy was good for the rooms at the back facing the lake, which I recommend. You have a private little beach and dock as well. The fruit orchards and vineyards are only minutes away. Good value here! Richard from Vancouver.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Surrey
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We booked here for a little getaway for the family for three days. I read some of the reviews after and wrote an e-mail to the Motel owner voicing my concerns and she was very nice and assured me that it was not bad like people were suggesting. We decided to go ahead and keep the reservations and give them a chance. I am so glad we did, we had a fabulous time. The room we had was called a sleeper room, it was small but suited our needs. The room was very clean with fresh linens and towels every day, it was air conditioned and overlooked the lake. A few steps down and you were on a huge patio area where you are welcome to use the bbq facilities or lounge in one of the deck chairs. Just down from that is a little bit of a beach right off the lake, my kids enjoyed themselves by jumping off the dock into the water. The owner is a friendly lady named Sandra who was there whenever we needed anything. It was quiet and we made the best of the short time we had there. Sandra showed us around to the renovated suites that she had completed, for an older motel these rooms are top notch and we will stay there next year again, this time for the whole week!! I suggest before you listen to any of these reviews, you judge for yourself, you never know if you are giving up a little piece of paradise!!

Thanks to Sandra for making our time very enjoyable!! See you next year too Sue!!

J, K, L & J

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
hope
Reviewed 7 April 2008

Me and a friend stayed two nights for a funeral and I didn't see a problem with the place, nice deck, dock, and friendly management.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
powell river
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We booked our trip ahead of time thinking we were getting a good deal on the water. Just a thought. The hotel is very run down and old but hey, we thought this was okay since we were right on the water. The partying starts at 3:00 afternoon and goes until 3:00 am. Now if you don't have kids this might be okay, but we had two small kids. The noise is unavoidable. It doesn't matter which room you will stay. Partying all night long including the staff. How nice!! I guess complaints would have to wait. I felt like I was in the worst part of town. This hotel is not nice especially after my expensive sunglasses disappeared frommy room, and when I complained, the owner got back to me 1 month later withan apology. That is all I got was an apology, but even if she would have offered free nights I would never go there again. I would rather pay double and stay somewhere more pleasant.

Stayed July 2007

Travellers are raving about these Osoyoos hotels

BC
Reviewed 22 June 2007

I wanted to book an exciting holiday for our family members! One week in Osoyoos, with parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and family friends. And I mean we booked 6 different rooms so we all could holiday toegether!

We got to the hotel (which we had booked half a year in advance) and when we arrived they placed us in an upstairs room, when we had booked a suite on the main floor as we wanted to be easy access to the "waterfront." We had four very small kids at the time and specifically requested, and were granted main floor via letter and phonecalls. And the way we were treated at the counter was so uncourteous! Especially because they made the mistake of not giving us the correct room. We drove several hours to get there. And the service was so terrible and felt like we did something wrong. It was so wishy washy and frustrating.

So after complaining, we FINALLY got into our ground level suite. It was old, dirty and run down and an end unit.

There were stains on the couches and there was a weird smell in the room. The rooms need work, and not just cleaning. The motel needs an OVERHAUL!! Where is Holmes on Homes when you need him! I have to share this because our then 10 month old was still crawling and her legs and knees were dirty black because the carpets were so filthy in there. Then, we had to get her clean in a mouldy bathtub that was just filthy. I didn't want any of the kids in there really!

The beach was not really a beach either. IF you have kids and you want a holiday. This is not the place for you. There is no beachfront, and for viewing your children in the lake not very family friendly at all! You hardly have a spot to sit as there is a big concrete retaining wall, and below is a couple of feet of sand. You really cannot relax there!

We did enjoy feeding the koi fish, and the lake! That was really fun!

I would have to say, for spending almost 3000 dollars for the week for lodging, food and gas to get there (for our then family of six) It was a very disappointing week for our whole group of about 20! of us!

We said, we would NEVER go back. The owner needs to seriously upgrade her suites, and get the carpets done, or switch to tile or something! Yuck. Maybe things have changed now, but as far as I know it is still like that. It was too bad, because we wanted to find a nice place that we could go yearly. Oh well!

That trip was in July 2005. And we still haven't gone back! Do your research!

Happy Holidays!

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — It was very dirty
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank MurrayvilleMom
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2005

We stayed at the Sun Beach Motel for a week July 18th. We arrived a bit late at 7:00pm and discovered if we had been much later we would have lost our one night's paid reservation. The motel needs renovations. The air conditioner in the room was very noisy so if you wanted to fall asleep you had to turn it off and then you were too warm. They do not check the propane in the barbecues and we had barbecued hamburgers that had to be microwaved to fully cook them. We had to really watch which barbecue we used.

Our room was clean but we would not return. Next time we go to Osoyoos we will book farther ahead for one of the newer accomodations.

7 Thank Goodstay_10
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2005

A total of 10 families used to book this (run-down) motel in July every year. We will never stay there again. The motel is so bad, we almost called the Health Board for them to inspect it. Every year the owner says she's improved the motel, but nothing has been upgraded.

My step-son had a huge spider crawling on him in his bed, there are bugs and cobwebs everywhere, the hot water regulator in the bathrooms don't work so everyone was getting scolded, the stairs are ready to fall down and unsafe for children, there is never any propane in the BBQ's, etc.

We're pretty reasonable people, and we will NEVER go back to the "Sun Beach" again.

Save yourself the money folks, and go to a hotel or motel that won't put you at risk.

• Stayed July 2004