“Out of the way, but worth the trek” 4 of 5 bubbles

Solstice Spa
Liberty Lake, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Out of the way, but worth the trek”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

I took my GF here for a 90 min massage. She was treated like a good friend by an experienced hand. Very worthwhile, and at a fair price. The therapist was actually very pleased with the tip she received instead of coming across that it was expected.
I look forward to trying it out myself.

Visited August 2012

Spruce Grove, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Terrible experience at the spa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Spirit Ridge resort itself was beautiful and our room was fantastic! I had, however booked a spa day for me and my friend at Solstice Spa which is within the resort, and it was a horrible experience. We were booked in for two 90 minute relaxation massages followed by two pedicures. My friend that was with me got a deep tissue massage despite telling her massage therapist numerous times that it was too deep, which made her nauseous and had her vomiting in the bathroom for 15mins prior to her pedicure. Needless to say, she couldn't exactly enjoy her pedicure to follow because she was still incredible nauseated. By the next day, she had physical bruising showing up on her back in multiple places which shows how deep this massage therapist was going.

I was shocked to learn from this massage therapist's co-workers and owner that they all knew this was an existing problem yet clearly had not corrected the issue. The owner joked that "she would have to spank her for going too deep again"!!!! Are you kidding me....,what kind of professional spa treats customers like this and thinks that this behavior is acceptable. When all was said and done for the day my bill was over $550 and neither the owner or manager thought it appropriate to discount our treatments given how much of an awful experience it was for my friend.

Since returning home from my trip, I have tried calling the spa over a dozen times to speak with either the manager or the owner and they are always conveniently unavailable or not in, yet no one has made any attempts to return any of the messages I have left or respond to any of my emails. Absolutely terrible customer service!!! There is certainly no chance of me ever returning to that spa.

13 Thank Jaime B