“Vistors & Locals Beware: Price Gouging During Summer Season”
Review of Solstice Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Solstice Spa
Scottsdale
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Vistors & Locals Beware: Price Gouging During Summer Season”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I live in Osoyoos, and as a local, I have frequented this spa many times over the last several years for shellac manis. Today, I received the same mani as the last time I had visited, which was maybe 6 montths ago. The service today was fine, but the bill at the end was a whopping $73.50 - easily $23 more than my last visit, 6 months prior. When I questioned this amount, the manager said that they were now charging "summer rates," and were not giving locals discounts during the summer. I philosophically object to "summer rates" - why should it matter whether I am a tourist or a local during the months of June, July, or August?? What a money grab. In any case, when I said I would not be back because of the price, the manager gave me a "local" discount, which reduced my bill to $58 and change. She then tried to justify the cost by saying I had gel plus French done; I twice explained to her that I could get the very same service anywhere else in Osoyoos or Oliver for $20 less. In any case, I do acknowledge that it was my fault for not asking for the price when I phoned for the appointment; however, I have been an on-and-off customer of this establishment for several years now, and did not really anticipate such an increased rate coming at me. I of course paid the bill, but for all of you thinking of using the services of this spa: DON'T DO IT. It's a financial rip off. They see tourists coming, and they charge you more because it's a "resort" (I grew up in Vancouver; seriously, folks, this is not a "resort"). They are charging you more because they think you will be okay with paying more. If overpaying is your thing, go for it; otherwise, there are many other places in Osoyoos and Oliver that will do just as good a job on your nails for much less.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Darlene H

Liberty Lake, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Out of the way, but worth the trek”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I took my GF here for a 90 min massage. She was treated like a good friend by an experienced hand. Very worthwhile, and at a fair price. The therapist was actually very pleased with the tip she received instead of coming across that it was expected.
I look forward to trying it out myself.

Visited August 2012
Spruce Grove, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Terrible experience at the spa”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Spirit Ridge resort itself was beautiful and our room was fantastic! I had, however booked a spa day for me and my friend at Solstice Spa which is within the resort, and it was a horrible experience. We were booked in for two 90 minute relaxation massages followed by two pedicures. My friend that was with me got a deep tissue massage despite telling her massage therapist numerous times that it was too deep, which made her nauseous and had her vomiting in the bathroom for 15mins prior to her pedicure. Needless to say, she couldn't exactly enjoy her pedicure to follow because she was still incredible nauseated. By the next day, she had physical bruising showing up on her back in multiple places which shows how deep this massage therapist was going.

I was shocked to learn from this massage therapist's co-workers and owner that they all knew this was an existing problem yet clearly had not corrected the issue. The owner joked that "she would have to spank her for going too deep again"!!!! Are you kidding me....,what kind of professional spa treats customers like this and thinks that this behavior is acceptable. When all was said and done for the day my bill was over $550 and neither the owner or manager thought it appropriate to discount our treatments given how much of an awful experience it was for my friend.

Since returning home from my trip, I have tried calling the spa over a dozen times to speak with either the manager or the owner and they are always conveniently unavailable or not in, yet no one has made any attempts to return any of the messages I have left or respond to any of my emails. Absolutely terrible customer service!!! There is certainly no chance of me ever returning to that spa.

13 Thank Jaime B