Spirit Ridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Casa Del Mila Oro Resort(Osoyoos)
1,517 results
All reviewsgolf coursemica restaurantadult poolelectric bbqfamily poolsoaker tubwine shopnk'mip cellarstasting roomfull kitchendesert cultural centrefirst nationsbeautiful resortgreat winecorner suiteliving roomwine tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

All I can say is this is the best resort/spa/winery/restaurant and golf course in the Southern Okanagan. Everything is at your fingertips, perfect for families, couples and singles. The week I was there, the resort resort hosted numerous weddings and the skies were sunny which made for some great photographs. The temperatures in fall are a balmy mid 20's for you canadians and in the low 80's for our neighbours to the south. Speaking of the south, the border is 15 minutes from the resort so a terrific place for our american friends to come up and visit. At this time of the year, it's wine festival time and of course harvesting. The whole valley has a wonderful grape aroma.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Mike C, General Manager at Spirit Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you so much for posting this incredible review of Spirit Ridge.
You are correct, spring and fall in the South Okanagan offers warm temperatures and amazing colors and aromas. For this reason, Osoyoos has become a wedding destination.
Thank you again for taking the time and please ask about our repeat guest rate when booking your next stay with us.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Attended a friend's wedding on site. The facility, the service, and the food were great. The customer service was fantastic from check in to check out. The staff were more than happy to allow early check in to permit getting settled prior to wedding festivities getting rolling. The room itself was incredible; more like a high end condo than a hotel room. The option, when booking, to have a bottle of wine waiting upon arrival is also a nice surprise for any traveling companions. Our only regret is we only had one night in town so didn't get to fully appreciate all the resort had to offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
A bottle of wine in your suite should almost be mandatory in the South Okanagan.
I agree, 1 night just isn't enough to take in all that the resort has to offer.
Please ask about our weekly rate when booking your next holiday with us.
Thanks again

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed at Spirit Ridge August 22-24. Booked a two bedroom unit and was charged the wedding rate at I believe $345 per night. The unit #16 was filthy. My daughter and son in law were there before my husband and I and had already unpacked and left quickly.( they were in the wedding party) as we came in I saw greasy handprints all over the fridge and mirrors. First thought no big deal then noticed food crusted on the couch and arm chairs. Crumbs all over the counter and toaster. Wiped all of that up, then went to get a glass, most were dirty, had lipstick on them ! Carpet under the living room coffee table had crackers under it and dining table as well. It had not been vacuumed. The balcony had plastic bread bag tags on it, our shower had black and pink mold growing on the tiles. Not just one tile, but at least 12 of the tiles.on the wall, not around the grout. The best part was the long black hair on the pillow case. I pulled back all of the bedding, it was fine, but didn't use that particular pillow. Went to open the kitchen blind later, loads of dead fruit flies , and short black hairs ! This was the last straw ! After driving 5 hours, my daughter flying up from California and driving 5hours on top of that, I went and complained to Travis. He offered to have someone come and clean, but by that time , it was too late. My husband had to get some office work done, daughter and son in law coming and going, I had already spent a good 45 minutes cleaning. And who wants cleaners coming in the evening , if there were any ? It should have all been done before we got there. Nothing else was offered. No other room, no checked with us the following day. No complimentary bottle of wine( it is a winery) we were not impressed. I have travelled to many parts of the world, I have never had such a dirty hotel suite ever. It obviously hadn't been cleaned properly in weeks .
We ate at the restaurant once, ordered a salmon and crab dish, no crab , bread came after we had finished. Not the end of the world, but there were only four tables with people seated.
I filled out a survey, the manager 's response thank you , I will let the proper people know . Well after spending over $700 , that's all I got !!!!its a beautiful location , but I will never go back. I think the management is very poor and they really don't care. Oh yes, if you end up going to a wedding or a party on the roof deck, don't wear high heels. The flooring is all slotted, so your heels will slide into the slots.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nancey N
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We started out our four night stay in a private condo which ended up being the Bates Motel. We left after the second night and came to Spirit Ridge for the remaining two nights - soooooooo glad we did - wished we'd stayed here all four nights.

Rooms are bit pricey but very beautiful - pay the extra $10/night for the lake/vineyard view. We had a one bedroom unit with a full kitchen. Hubby had a massage at the spa and I had a manicure - both very good.

Lunch at Mica Restaurant was delicious. Hubby said it was THE best burger he's ever had. I had the grilled veggie salad with a side of candied salmon. Would forego the salmon next time - tasty but overpowering.

Went back for dinner the next night and it was even better. We had a glass of wine on the patio at sunset then moved in for dinner. Warm cured olives to start were so good but enough for three or four to share. Hubby decided on the charcuterie platter as a main entree which is listed under sharing plates. For sharing it was - he ate and ate and it looked like he barely made a dent. I had the steelhead salmon with gnocchi which tasted incredible but was unfortunately lukewarm at best. Only downside was the bread selection which is minimal and I thought pricey - it was advertised as rosemary flatbread but it was just regular bread sliced, toasted and sprinkled with rosemary - for $7 very expensive.

Wine selection is pretty good and the service at lunch and dinner was exceptional. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Spirit Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Hello TravelBug
Thank you so much for writing this amazing review of our property.
I'll be certain to pass along your feedback to both Mica Restaurant as well as Solterra Spa.
We look forward to having you back with us for a longer and just as enjoyable stay in the near future. Please ask about our repeat guest rate when booking your next holiday with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

found this resort by using Trip Advisor. it was not a disappointment.
their website actually advertised their rooms to be more than what we were priced when we check in - bonus!
they have 2 outdoor pools with 2 outdoor hot tubs and a beach. the beach is a far walk - i believe they have a golf-cart like shuttle to the beach (didn't take it, only saw it parked outside the lobby once) we didn't go to the beach due to the distance
we did hang out by the pools all weekend. we ordered pizza and brought our own drinks down!
it was really as if we were in a hot country!
their buffet style breakfast had sooo many fruit flies/flies circulating it - we decided to go eat in town
other than that, AWESOME stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Spirit Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this review.
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this summer and yes, we do have an electric shuttle that runs our guests down to our beach every hour.
Sorry to hear about the fruit flies at breakfast as this is always a challenge this time of year in the Okanagan. Please come back to see us again soon. Don't forget to ask about our repeat guest rate.
Thanks again!