Based upon all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to book 3 nights at this resort. The setting is beautiful, the buildings impressive new and looked well maintained along with the grounds. Upon check in at 2:30 pm we were advised that our room was not ready, which was not a problem as 4 pm is the standard policy at this resort. At 4 pm we returned to complete our check to find that our room was still NOT ready......We were advised that they would call us when the room was clean. We asked if we could at least be checked into a different room at this point. They found us another room which was a downgrade from the corner 2 bdrm suite we initially had. (Which would have been fine if they had offered this option to us 1 1/2 hours earlier). We were obligated to take this downgraded room as we had dinner plans for 5 pm in which we needed to unpack and get ready for. The 2 Bdrm suite was clean and spacious however in the "Lavender" building the rooms facing the golf course have NO cell service.......No wifi from cell phones. The computer did connect to wifi just fine though.
The next day, upon returning to our room at 3:30 pm our rooms had not been made up yet, however the staff did show up at 4 pm. However for most people this is a little late as they are back from their days adventures and settling into their evening routine. That evening we decided to eat at the resort restaurant, the food was good and priced accordingly $45.00 for 10 Ounce Prime Rib steak, portion size was good and the taste was amazing. Ambiance was lacking.
We did bring the issue's with checking in to the Management and they stated that they had a large conference depart on the day of checking in, and many new guests arriving. However in my opinion this should not of ever happened. I will not take a chance with this Resort again. Management is there to manage and make sure that theses situations are avoided even if it means rolling up their sleeves and and preparing rooms themselves, Conferences are pre-arranged not last minute they should have foreseen this situation. I will add that on the following day as passing by reception there was a couple experiencing the same issue as us the previous day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4.5-star Spirit Ridge at Nk'Mip Resort celebrates its natural desert cultural landscape.Our accommodation is a 226-condominium 1, 2 & 3-bedroom style hotel nestled between Anarchist Mountain and Lake Osoyoos. Situated on Osoyoos Indian Band land, we celebrate our resort partner's amenities and destination attractions. The Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre is a hub of information on the Okanagan people where you can immerse yourself in Aboriginal Events and cultural ceremonies. The Nk'Mip Cellars are an award-winning vineyard and winery, right on the Resort. They provide in depth tours and daily wine tastings. Just down the hill is the Nk'Mip RV Park and Campground, a year-round heated playground for an active Snowbird Community. In the summer, there is a Cantina on the Lake where you can take a water taxi across to town - or invite friends to you. The challenging 9-hole Sonora Dunes golf course has a clubhouse (opening year-round shortly) and Pro Shop. The view from the tee boxes envelop the backdrop of the rugged mountain, the Lake below and a beautiful scene of the Spirit Ridge adobe-style buildings dotted with wrought iron icons, native to the area. We have a full service spa on site Solterra Desert Spa who are open year-round, waiting to pamper locals and visitors alike. Our resort weddings are becoming legendary. Photo opportunities exist from every viewpoint with the spectacular vineyard stretching out like arms to the sun, up the hill. Meander between wild desert sage, catch a glimpse of a wild herd of horses, laze in one of our outdoor pools or hot tub and wonder, "why didn't I get here sooner". Experience Nk'Mip hospitality at it's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Hotel Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Osoyoos