Check-in was a breeze and probably took less than 5 minutes. We stayed in a corner king lake-view suite on the top floor, and the view was absolutely unreal! I can't imagine having stayed in a different room. The room was huge, with a master bedroom, a wrap around balcony and a moon soaker tub. The kitchen is fully functional and while we didn’t take advantage of this I wish we did! The main restaurant was extremely overpriced for the quality of food that we received the one night we ate dinner. I would highly recommend dining at one of the wineries (Burrowing Owl, Tinhorn, etc) if you are planning on spending some money on dinner, as you will get higher quality food with the same quality view.. otherwise take advantage of the kitchen in your room!
We did have breakfast at the restaurant every morning, and the weekends were a buffet. Overall it was a decent breakfast and I was satisfied.
We unfortunately didn’t find the extra time to check out the Cellar or the Cultural Centre, but the reviews sound good for both. I love that they have partnered with Matrix Yoga and offer rooftop yoga on Saturday mornings for $20.
We found no issues with housekeeping, everything appeared to have been cleaned to our expected standards, and our bed was comfy.
We only used the quiet pool because the large pool seemed to busy at all hours. The quiet pool had a great view, and we were guaranteed pool chairs at all times. Also, both the pool hours are late – around 10 or 11pm – the way all pools should be! The market on site is very handy and I appreciate having something like that so close. We did take the shuttle to the beach one day, and the beach area is fairly decent. We had no issues finding beach chairs, and the water/lake floor wasn’t too murky. They also have anchored giant floating chair things – a pleasure to use to sit out in the water. The Cantina had a small menu, but decent snacky-dinner type foods.
Overall thinking about staying in Osoyoos again, while I did thoroughly enjoy our stay at Spirit Rdige and am happy about our decision to stay, I am curious to see how the other resorts compare – especially ones that are located right on the beach and also have a pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4.5-star Spirit Ridge at Nk'Mip Resort celebrates its natural desert cultural landscape.Our accommodation is a 226-condominium 1, 2 & 3-bedroom style hotel nestled between Anarchist Mountain and Lake Osoyoos. Situated on Osoyoos Indian Band land, we celebrate our resort partner's amenities and destination attractions. The Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre is a hub of information on the Okanagan people where you can immerse yourself in Aboriginal Events and cultural ceremonies. The Nk'Mip Cellars are an award-winning vineyard and winery, right on the Resort. They provide in depth tours and daily wine tastings. Just down the hill is the Nk'Mip RV Park and Campground, a year-round heated playground for an active Snowbird Community. In the summer, there is a Cantina on the Lake where you can take a water taxi across to town - or invite friends to you. The challenging 9-hole Sonora Dunes golf course has a clubhouse (opening year-round shortly) and Pro Shop. The view from the tee boxes envelop the backdrop of the rugged mountain, the Lake below and a beautiful scene of the Spirit Ridge adobe-style buildings dotted with wrought iron icons, native to the area. We have a full service spa on site Solterra Desert Spa who are open year-round, waiting to pamper locals and visitors alike. Our resort weddings are becoming legendary. Photo opportunities exist from every viewpoint with the spectacular vineyard stretching out like arms to the sun, up the hill. Meander between wild desert sage, catch a glimpse of a wild herd of horses, laze in one of our outdoor pools or hot tub and wonder, "why didn't I get here sooner". Experience Nk'Mip hospitality at it's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Hotel Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Osoyoos