“Great Corner King Suite”

Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Great Corner King Suite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Check-in was a breeze and probably took less than 5 minutes. We stayed in a corner king lake-view suite on the top floor, and the view was absolutely unreal! I can't imagine having stayed in a different room. The room was huge, with a master bedroom, a wrap around balcony and a moon soaker tub. The kitchen is fully functional and while we didn’t take advantage of this I wish we did! The main restaurant was extremely overpriced for the quality of food that we received the one night we ate dinner. I would highly recommend dining at one of the wineries (Burrowing Owl, Tinhorn, etc) if you are planning on spending some money on dinner, as you will get higher quality food with the same quality view.. otherwise take advantage of the kitchen in your room!
We did have breakfast at the restaurant every morning, and the weekends were a buffet. Overall it was a decent breakfast and I was satisfied.
We unfortunately didn’t find the extra time to check out the Cellar or the Cultural Centre, but the reviews sound good for both. I love that they have partnered with Matrix Yoga and offer rooftop yoga on Saturday mornings for $20.
We found no issues with housekeeping, everything appeared to have been cleaned to our expected standards, and our bed was comfy.
We only used the quiet pool because the large pool seemed to busy at all hours. The quiet pool had a great view, and we were guaranteed pool chairs at all times. Also, both the pool hours are late – around 10 or 11pm – the way all pools should be! The market on site is very handy and I appreciate having something like that so close. We did take the shuttle to the beach one day, and the beach area is fairly decent. We had no issues finding beach chairs, and the water/lake floor wasn’t too murky. They also have anchored giant floating chair things – a pleasure to use to sit out in the water. The Cantina had a small menu, but decent snacky-dinner type foods.
Overall thinking about staying in Osoyoos again, while I did thoroughly enjoy our stay at Spirit Rdige and am happy about our decision to stay, I am curious to see how the other resorts compare – especially ones that are located right on the beach and also have a pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a group vacation, my friends and I booked 5 2-beedroom suites and were promised 5 neighboring suites. Only 4 rooms were grouped together, isolating my family and I from our friends to a different area of the resort. Besides separation, this caused inconvenience to our childcare arrangements.

While trying to access our suite, only 1 of the 4 key cards worked. After 2 attempts to reprogram the other 3 cards and waiting for maintenance crew to diagnose and no one showed up, I discovered check-in staff assigned me to the wrong suite but they denied doing so. Check in took well over an hour.

I requested manager to contact me but no attempt was made for all 4 days we stayed.

I've written an email to the guest manager and the general manager. still no reply. I guess they simply don't care.

Other than the horrible booking and check-in procedure, poor customer service and lack of accountability, the place was decent. There is a kid-friendly pool with waterslide. I found the small convenience store/coffee shop sales prices to be a bit on the high end.

5 Thank cyeung604
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is our second review of Spirit Ridge - the first was 6 years ago when the resort was less than half the size it is today. Now there are two additional phases and there is zero ongoing construction which was wonderful. There is also a large "family" pool, with a self contained water slide, which does not empty into the pool, as well as a large hot tub. The older pool is now designated as a "quiet" pool which we took as a polite way to tell us to keep the kids in the other pool even though they are 10 and 12. The only downside is there is no view from the family pool which we missed as I quite enjoyed the view of the lake and vineyards from the older pool.

We brought our small dog along this time, and of course noticed the "no pets on grass" signs which are everywhere - there is a dog park but it's awful, so I'd suggest taking your pet for a walk if they have to go so they are not disturbing the grass.

The rooms showed no signs of wear from the last time we were there when they were practically new, so they are well kept. I did notice hot water was something that was not guaranteed which made doing dishes and showering an issue.

The only other issue I noticed was the pool was actually too warm. Osoyoos is hot and we found the pool was not as refreshing as we'd like, considering you want to get in to cool down. I noticed they have cold water spraying into the pool but it just could not keep up with the heat which was pouring down from the sun.

Other than that, service was great, all was clean and we had a great visit.

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had heard many great comments about this resort. We were not disappointed! First impression. in walking into the 2 bedroom suite can be summed up in one word - Wow! Very well laid out and furnished tastefully. Could have stayed another week! Very relaxing.

Enjoy the good food and view from the patio.

1 Thank Braveheart1010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Just a pleasant stay overall. The restaurant had great food, winery is close by, 2 different outdoor pools and a comfortable stay! They go out of their way to make sure you're comfortable. Wheelchair accessibility is great in the executive room we stayed in, however kind of odd there's no ramp into the building to the elevator. Had to go through the garage every time. Overall a great place to stay and will definitely visit again!

Stayed July 2014
Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this place so much we made it a point to return and have our family vacation here. Unfortunately a number of items have definitely gone downhill. The overall cleanliness of the hotel is noticeably worse. Hallways and stairways not vacuumed, washrooms not clean when arriving, general maintenance not being kept up. Also extremely uncomfortable worn out beds and extremely cheap sheets used. When you spend $400 a night there are higher expectations. Also very concerning is that there seems to be a consistent biker gang overtone to the clientele. Partying until 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock most nights. Hotel staff unable to do anything. On the plus side their is a beautiful new beachfront bar, on the down side it seems be run by the biker gang themselves. I don't see us returning and this is very unfortunate as we loved this place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Tim S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I visited Spirit Ridge five years ago when it was still in development and we had a great time. We recently went back for five days in June with our 2.5 year old son and dog. The resort has expanded considerably and there are fare more amenities, including a great pool for kids, and more dining and accommodation options.
Overall, the resort is great, but the comments made by other reviewers regarding house-keeping are pretty accurate. We didn't need to have the room cleaned every day, but it would have been nice if the garbage could have been emptied and the cleaning supplies refreshed every day. Twice, the knock from the house-keepers came at around 4:30 pm, when we were relaxing after a busy day, which is not convenient at all. Also, we had to pay an extra cleaning surcharge for the dog, which is fine, if the room was being cleaned, but it wasn't.
We ate lunch at the wine tasting room and were really impressed with the food and service. Our server was lovely; she accommodated our son without making us feel like a pain for having a toddler with us.
The grounds are well maintained and all the lavender is lovely. We didn't do a round, but the golf course looks well maintained.
Spirit Ridge is a great spot and if they find a way to sort out house-keeping it would be five stars in my book.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family