We bought a living social deal for this property and booked our room directly with the hotel. The hotel clerk that I first spoke to didn't know how to go about booking a room with our voucher so we were referred to the manager Lisa who was very professional and efficient. We upgraded for an extra $30 per night for a lake view room which was worth every penny. The room was very nice, clean and well appointed. We decided to have lunch in the restaurant and it was okay, nothing special although their rather inflated prices would make you think that it should be. The bun on my sandwich was so stale and hard that I doubt ducks would have found it palatable. When I brought it to the attention of the waitress she offered to bring me another bun ( another stale bun? - no thanks). When she checked with the kitchen they were apparently all stale and the cook then threw them out. Odd that the chef was not aware of how fresh his ingredients are in a professional kitchen. I was still charged for my lunch regardless and needless to say we did not eat there again. What this place really has going for it is that it has two pools. One for families with children and another "relaxation pool" which was nice and quiet and had plenty of chaise lounge chairs. We only stayed 2 nights and should have had our room refreshed on the second day but for some reason we were bypassed and had to call the front desk twice before we finally got some clean towels. Overall I think this is a beautiful property and the view is quite spectacular but I just think that their staff (other than Lisa) needs to be reminded that they work in the hospitality industry and act accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4.5-star Spirit Ridge at Nk'Mip Resort celebrates its natural desert cultural landscape.Our accommodation is a 226-condominium 1, 2 & 3-bedroom style hotel nestled between Anarchist Mountain and Lake Osoyoos. Situated on Osoyoos Indian Band land, we celebrate our resort partner's amenities and destination attractions. The Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre is a hub of information on the Okanagan people where you can immerse yourself in Aboriginal Events and cultural ceremonies. The Nk'Mip Cellars are an award-winning vineyard and winery, right on the Resort. They provide in depth tours and daily wine tastings. Just down the hill is the Nk'Mip RV Park and Campground, a year-round heated playground for an active Snowbird Community. In the summer, there is a Cantina on the Lake where you can take a water taxi across to town - or invite friends to you. The challenging 9-hole Sonora Dunes golf course has a clubhouse (opening year-round shortly) and Pro Shop. The view from the tee boxes envelop the backdrop of the rugged mountain, the Lake below and a beautiful scene of the Spirit Ridge adobe-style buildings dotted with wrought iron icons, native to the area. We have a full service spa on site Solterra Desert Spa who are open year-round, waiting to pamper locals and visitors alike. Our resort weddings are becoming legendary. Photo opportunities exist from every viewpoint with the spectacular vineyard stretching out like arms to the sun, up the hill. Meander between wild desert sage, catch a glimpse of a wild herd of horses, laze in one of our outdoor pools or hot tub and wonder, "why didn't I get here sooner". Experience Nk'Mip hospitality at it's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Hotel Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Osoyoos