“Spirit Ridge Resort”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Surrey
“Spirit Ridge Resort”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have stayed here 5 yrs usually in a condo, this year we rented a 2 brm villa which we preferred. It offered more room. I like the kitchen as we prepare meals in house as there are few rest. in area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Richmond
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Was a great place to take the grandkids (aged 8 and 4), they loved the pool and water slide. Stayed in 2 bedroom/2 bath suite good sizes, well stocked kitchen, resort and housekeeping staff were terrific.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at Spirit Ridge for a week and I would never go back. Housekeeping was deplorable with them not even coming into my room 1 of the days to make my bed nor give me towels. There was no pool attendant when I visited the hot tub and pool area and I was not able to get a towel. I called the front desk and requested a towel and was told that someone would be down to give me one. 20 minutes later I had not been given a towel and I ended up having to walk through the lobby soaking wet to get back to my room. Then, when I got home and checked my credit card statement, I saw a number of charges that I could not understand. I called the resort and was told that a supervisor would look into it and get back to me the same day with an explanation. I received no phone call and after I called back the next day was then told that they were not sure when they would be able to get back to me (basically telling me that my issue was not a high priority for them). This is supposed to be a 4/5 star resort? Stay away!

Room Tip: Wifi signal was terrible throughout the resort unless in the lobby - don't count on Wifi
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MC1235
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We loved our stay at this resort hotel. We stayed at a 2 bedroom premium suite facing the Golf Course. The view of the Mountain and the Golf Course was beautiful. The suite was very clean and furnished very nicely. The patio BBQ and the full gourmet kitchen makes it very convenient to prepare meals. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. We will definitely go back.

St Albert
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my daughter's and my 7th visit to Spirit Ridge. The accommodations are beautiful, beds and bedding very comfortable and the kitchen well stocked. The gardens are well kept and lovely to see the native plants. The family pool is very nice, it has a safe water slide and many lounge chairs and umbrellas. The food at the pool is also affordable and you can also get drinks there as well. Towels are also provided at the pool. This trip we went down to the beach with Dave the friendly man who drives the golf cart back and forth every hour to the beach, the kids love this. We took our first paddle boarding lesson and we were out on the lake for and hour. Afterwards went to the cabana and had a drink and nachos. In the evening we would share the cheesecake at Talons, the best homemade cheesecake ever!! Staff very friendly and accommodating. Will be back next summer for sure!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is an excellent resort in the beautiful Okanagan Valley and provided our family of three children plenty of space with a large two bedroom suite, along with a great pool. We combined this package with another Bell Star Resort in Parksville, BC which was a terrific deal. Our stay
at Spirit Ridge was primarily for attending a family wedding, and the ceremony and reception were conducted and catered at this resort. It was a perfect location for this couple, who had guests from the lower mainland of BC, as well as Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Burnaby
Reviewed 29 July 2014

You really need to improve on your housekeeping. Not enough staff. We always had to call for our room to be cleaned , towels etc...

It would not be cleaned until late evening. We had to leave a note for the cleaners what to do and what we need. They should know.

Overall once done it was great!

1 Thank Julykathy