“AMAZING” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
GreenLeadersBronze level
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

When I first arrived at Spirit Ridge, my first impression was 'oh, not what it looked like in the pictures'. But when I got to the hotel room, the pool, the vinyards, and the resturaunt, my whole view on the place. One of the most beautiful views, overlooking Osoyoos, escpecially from the pool. The service was amazing. They catered for my every need, and were very friendly. My room was top-notch, cleaned from top to bottom with no stains left behind. The enviroment was fantastic! So outgoing and fresh! On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it 11!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arthur W, General Manager at Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Griffin3150,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa. It was fantastic to read that you loved the many changes we have implemented (and continue to implement) pertaining to service and cleanliness. As a brand, Bellstar Hotels and Resorts truly felt that changes needed to be implemented immediately to ensure Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa continues to be a fantastic destination resort. We hope to see you back again, soon!

Western Regional GM Lead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I thought I would give this resort another shot since i've really enjoyed it in the past. Our last stay let's say was really sub par considering how much you pay to stay here.. I still have to say that it's truly a tad over priced but in the end what hotel/resort in the Okanagan isn't?

I was skeptical to go back since the resorts manager Travis contacted me after reading my review and told me to let them know when I want to come again so they can help me out personally.. Well.. They never responded to my emails but I still went forward and booked crossing my fingers we wouldn't be disappointed.

Well.. We weren't disappointed! The room was clean, no water issues & it was pretty quite considering it was busy. Only thing we were disappointed with was the morning breakfast at the restaurant! Absolutely the WORST service but in the end I don't think it was their fault.. They were extremely under staffed. The food was just sitting there.. Some of the items had flies on it and to get service to the table was almost impossible.. We finished our food basically before we even got our coffee.. Felt like amateur hour.

Overall when it comes to a resort feel this place delivers that and that's it's charm.. It's unfortunate it has flaws as from my perspective there's truly only a few things they have to work on in order to achieve perfection with reviews and becoming a top notch resort.. I hope one day it returns back to the place it was.

Will I return again? As you can see I gave it 4 stars this time.. Honestly it should be 3.5 stars but that's not an option but I didn't feel it deserved 3 again this time so it got 4.. I will more than likely return BUT I think i'm going to entertain other options. If you havn't been there before and you want to go there.. Try it for yourself! I wouldn't say not too.. We have just stayed here a few times now. It may be time for a change.

Enjoy the South Okanagan!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheCanadianNavigator
Dear TheCanadianNavigator,

Thank you for sharing with me your experience based on your recent visit to Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa. It was great to see that this recent stay was much improved from your previous stay and I assure you that we continue to make changes with our service levels so as to strive for perfection. I'm sure that on your next visit to Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa that you'll notice the difference and will comfortably rate us as 5 star. I look forward to seeing you back soon!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

As previous reviewers, I agree with housekeeping and service. We rented a room for a week and on the pamphlet in the room says the unit would be changed on the 4th day.When we realized no one was coming to change towels, etc...we asked the housekeeping in the hall, they said we were OWNERS, and they didn't clean. We went to the front deck were my friend waited, and waited while 3 people were there and one walked away without even asking if we'd been helped. Finally someone explained ( with attitude) that since we rented from an owner there was no housekeeping,had they maybe explained with a nicer attitude it wouldn't have been such an issue, they seriously need courses for the hospitality industry. There is also zero cell phone service, so wifi is useless so anyone wanting to do business or stay connected to family have to go to the front. These would be in the back mountain facing units, also connects to AT T in the U.S so make sure you turn your data roaming off. Set up of the room was not set up used to the advantage it could have been. Queen and king in same room , bathtub and shower together ( not sure who would have a shower while someone was in the bathtub) and if you need to go the bathroom, you have to walk through where people would be showering, bathing anyway. Very odd. Lots of wasted space in the bathroom. Also we were almost hit twice by a line drive off the golf course the patio is backed onto, very dangerous and no warning were given. I think I'd rather find a different hotel. Roof top was nice to sit up on

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arthur W, General Manager at Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear joey137,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me from your latest stay at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa. My sincerest apologies with regards to the service you experienced as these episodes you described are absolutely not our standard as we continue to implement improvements and changes throughout the resort. We absolutely hope to see you again in the future.

Webster, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

It's only seasonal but the cantina down by the lake is amazing! You have to drive through the campground to get to it but worth the trip! Best mojitos and sangria on the deck right on the waters edgethe servers are amazing and the music is great!

Stayed August 2014
Dear lesliefuller,

Thank you for a fantastic review of our Cantina which is located on our private beach. It was great to read you loved the fabulous mojitos and sangrias as well as the live concerts which we have every Friday and Saturday nights down at our beach. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, see you soon!

Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for the last 5 years primarily because of the "quiet pool" which is adult oriented. (Children are welcome if they are not loud and splashing as there is an alternate pool for this kind of play.) There are no other hotels in the area that have this same feature. When we first came to the hotel it was clean and wonderful. Over the last 2 years there have been significant issues with the housekeeping (dirty dishes in the cupboards, broken appliances, food under tables and behind couches). This resort really is wonderful but there needs to be a serious look at their housekeeping standards. We always enjoy the rooftop decks for morning coffee, to watch the sunset or stargaze and it's great to have a private BBQ on your suite deck for cooking. We will likely return next summer but not without looking at some other options.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank dd101033
Dear dd101033,

Thank you for your continued patronage of Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa during the past 5 years. It's great to read that you've loved the features, cleanliness and service in the past. Agreed, we have had more than our fair share of hiccups within the past little while with regards to cleanliness and assure you that we have already implemented some major changes within the team at the hotel as well as an update of some of our processes. I do hope that you will consider Spirit Ridge Vineyard & Spa as your first choice on your next visit to Osoyoos and would love for you to let me know the next time you're in town. I look forward to seeing you back soon!

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I loved this resort when we were there in 2012 which is why I recommended it when we brought my parents to Osoyoos in July, 2014.

Unfortunately, the cleanliness of the hotel has declined. We asked for a bit of a re-tidy when we arrived (there was what appeared to be "poo" on the walls in the bathroom). I can see how this might get overlooked by the housekeeping staff (who would think to look at the walls) but we mentioned it at the front desk and to the housekeeping staff and it never did get cleaned up.

Having said that... the resort is actually quite nice. The rooms are spacious but are starting to get a bit run down. Rooms have a nice view and a kitchen, the golf course is fun, we enjoyed the cultural center and the restaurant is nice with yummy food. They even provided blankets on the patio when it started to get chilly.

Overall a nice resort -- I just think it's time for them to repaint and maybe change some of the carpets. And when a guest mentions a problem with cleanliness on check in, it would be best to have someone handle it as quickly as possible. I know it's hard to have the right staff available all the time but you run the risk of forgetting if you don't take care of it when it's brought to your attention (which seems to be what happened in this case).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ltcguenther
Arthur W, General Manager at Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Itcguenther,

Thank you for taking the time to share with me your recent experience here at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa. I wished that your overall stay was excellent and was excited to see you loved the overall resort, the amenities we have throughout the mountainside, our delicious food served at Talon's restaurant and the special touch of providing blankets when the night gets chilly. My sincerest apologies with the cleanliness of the resort during your stay. Rest assured we strive to deliver an exceptional resort experience and have recently dedicated additional focus on this area. I'm sure you'll notice the difference now compared to when you stayed in July. I hope to see you back soon to experience the resort as it should be, see you soon!

Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was my 3rd visit to Spirit Ridge and it more than likely wont be my last. I love that it is a family oriented resort that caters to families but also suitable for those without kids. I was there last week for only a couple of nights, having purchased the living social groupon. I was pleasantly surprised that our room was really great, with a view of both the courtyard and the lake. (usually hotels stick the groupon types in bad rooms). A few recent changes to the resort from my last trip were suprising though- the winery is no longer serving dinner which was too bad but the dinner we had in the Talon was excellent (Doug recommended an amazing wine to try). The 'adult' only pool is now for everyone but ' a relaxed pool' which I think is great if you have teenage kids that don't want to be in the little kid pool and will be quiet. I wish towels were available at this pool though, its a bit of a pain to trek to the courtyard pool. The lake area for the resort is much better than it has been in the past, with the new swing bar and live music. I wasn't too fond of the Cantina food though, I think it can be improved on. I think Stan the shuttle driver is fantastic as well. Lastly, the front desk recommended a wine tour for us to try "MOXIE Tours" which was amazing! it was semi-private, we were with the driver from 10-5:30 PM, and the wine tour included a sunset cruise that picked up down at Lakeside from 7:30-9. What a fantastic value and steven (the tour guide) was very knowledgeable about the wines and wineries in the area. He had a great personality too, and made our day really great. I think this is a great resort and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JenniferT32
Arthur W, General Manager at Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear JenniferT32,

It was fantastic to read that you loved your 3rd stay with us at Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our fantastic views looking out towards Okanagan Lake, our fantastic rooms, dinner in Talon's and the service of our Front Desk. I also wanted to thank you for your constructive feedback about our pool towel process for our relaxation pool as well as the food in the Cantina on the beach both of which we will definitely endeavour to remedy going forward as we continually strive to deliver an ultimate resort experience. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Western Regional GM Lead
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osoyoos
Watermark Beach Resort
Walnut Beach Resort
#4 of 26 in Osoyoos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,049 reviews
Holiday inn Hotel & Suites

Been to Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort? Share your experiences!