“First Winery we visited”
Review of Nk'Mip Cellars

Nk'Mip Cellars
Ranked #5 of 49 things to do in Osoyoos
More attraction details
Owner description: At Nk’Mip Cellars, we are the dedicated guardians of a proud legacy. As the first Aboriginal-owned winery in North America, we are inspired to express our culture in everything we do. Our Winery itself is a bold celebration and strong reflection of our commitment to authenticity and deep respect for our colourful past. We extend an invitation to discover, not only the international award-wining wines we produce, but also the relentless spirit and remarkable history that inspire them.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the Nk'Mip camp ground so while this winery was the closest, it set us up for the rest of our winery tours in a way that I believe no other winery would have. The tour was personal, informative and delicious but it also catered to our personal level of knowledge to make the wine tasting experience accessible in a way that no other place achieved. I was so thankful and I believe my entire Osoyoos experience would not have been of such a high quality without it. Amazing wine, proud culture, stunning landscape. This winery will always stand out to me.

All reviews
"dreamcatcher"
"icewine"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2014

No trip to the Southern Okanagan is complete without a wine tour, in my opinion, and Nk'Mip is one of my favourites. The combination of desert architecture, long views and native culture makes for an unforgettable setting. The Band has created a spacious, inspirational tasting facility. There are resort accommodations, a golf course and a Cultural Centre. The history of the winery is presented in a series of message boards - exceptionally well done! The merchandise is of high quality; we purchased several items. And then the wine... very tasty - good variety - great quality, at least to my palate. We all purchased several bottles and I had a case shipped home. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

had a great lunch with a very nice glass of wine and the view was amazing. This location is a must see to get a great overview of the area and to enjoy some wine tasting. A nice selection of wine and there is also a 9 hole golf course right next door.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We travelled to Osoyoos at the start of October - beautiful little town and we had a nice lunch at a pub - something like the blue owl?. I specifically wanted to go to this winery, as I'd had the wine here in Ontario at Casino Rama and enjoyed it but can't get it here in Ontario due to the silly importation rules.

They did a nice tasting, - the ladies were very knowledgeable and I wish I'd had time to eat there as it smelled amazing. The wines were pricey ($30 and up) I had hoped to ship some home but with the shipping costs it wasn't worth the trouble. Unfortunate, as they were nice wines.