“Happy Campers!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osoyoos
Nk'Mip Campground & RV Resort
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our family has been vacationing at NK'Mip for the past 12 years and now our children and their friends all come as well - We love it! Over this time there has been significant improvements to the campsite. It is clear that they have been investing into the infrastructure of the campsite - rentals were moved which has opened up more beach area for those who do not have waterfront access. Would be nice to have more sand!
Washrooms always clean! Safe and secure Play area for smaller children! The store has great pizza! Pets are allowed, which is becoming more difficult to find RV sites which will allow pets. Dog Beach at BOTH ends of the park with supplied poop bags.
We tell all our friends to come here, none of them have been disappointed to date!
Wi-fi is a problem, but we are on holidays and if needed can always find a hotspot to hook up to !
Bottom line, no park is going to be perfect. This is a great RV Park!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Izzie99

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Packed in , we booked 5 months ahead to get a lake side, arrived to find out we were being placed on a gravel pit next to the bathroom , disgusting would not recommend, found a nicer and friendly tidy resort 5 min a way .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pixiepup
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Good price, site not to small. Was hoping for a spot closer to the lake, got really hot. Was told you get water front if you are booked for 2 weeks ,that sucked. Plus ,they have the right to move you from any spot to accommodate other rigs. Got a spot in the newer section right behind the horse barn,what a stink and super dusty our rigs inside and out were coated with dust. Felt sorry for those horses having to carry people in this heat, the animals look so sad.
Wish there were more resorts along the lake, would be nice to have a resort for adults only.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marianne F
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 weeks at this campground and traveled 15 hours to get here.arrived late afternoon at 4pm but our site was still occupied by the previous campers! Staff told us they do daily site checks.....after 2 hours we were offered another site well away from where we booked in the middle of what felt like the desert!
We were also told we have to pay extra to have kids on our original site. Never heard of that
Eventually our money was reimbursed though that in itself took a while.... While we were waiting 4 other families came in who had the same experience!!
We thankfully found a place an hour back in Penticton. Couldn't be happier. Staff was eager too accommodate and help. Sort of glad this happened....nk'mip will not see us again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Gerhard J
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Check-In: Parking at the office can be a bit congested depending how many folks are checking in when you are. Upon arrival there were two employees working the front desk. Initially, we wanted to try to camp as close to the lake as possible but because we are in a class 'a' motorhome we wanted something somewhat level and the first site they assigned us wasn't level at all. It was one row back from the lake, south of the store. So, we returned to the office and requested a site in the C section which is more big rig friendly. There were a specific few sites we were interested in (C-8 to C18) but we're told that these were unavailable by the employee we were dealing with. Meanwhile, as she is suggesting other sites, the other employee at the counter booked two different rv's into that area. I mentioned this but it basically fell on deaf ears.... Eventually we got a site in the C section but even these required quite a bit of levelling.

Campground: We spent the first night of our 7 day booking at the site in C Section, but the next day I enquired about a few empty sites that I had found riding my bike through the campground. We were easily transferred to one of these sites, and although it wasn't right on the beach, it was just across the road and access to the lake was very easy. The campground is obviously extremely popular, especially with Albertans. There is a posted 10 km/hr speed limit within the campground and there are some people giving all the Albertans a real bad name. Slow down, there are children, and pets, not to mention the dust from the unpaved roads. (I saw one elderly gentleman become unglued at one of the speedy Gonzales'.).

Wi-fi: Definitely sucks! Paid 12.95 for a week. Only allows one device to connect...ever.... and that is when it will connect. Had connection issues at both sites we were at. Right now I am using my mobile hot spot, just to go on Trip Advisor.

Store: Only bought ice here and hmmm let's see, I paid $5 for a bag of cube ice at Bear Creek Prov. Park and I only paid $2.75 here. Like!

Conclusion: As far as rv'ing is concerned my wife and I are used to more private provincial park campsites so this did take some getting used to. We have a dog, so probably would recommend trying your hardest to get a site on beach....there is a dog beach at the north end of campground but who wants to make their canine friend endure a hot walk in 35++ degree heat!! Never had an issue with noise while here, and will probably return but now we know which front desk employee to avoid. ;-)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at Nk'Mip the first week of July 2014. We had a waterfront site close to the store which we were very happy with. I read all the reviews before booking here and it put me off a bit to hear all the negativity about Nk'Mip...our experience was quite the opposite. The site was a good size, the beach clean, the bathroom were clean(except toward the end of the day) and the noise stopped at 10am. There was a park for the kids, seadoo/boat rentals and a store with hot coffee in the morning. I know others complained of the prices in the store but it stocked quite a bit of items like coffee, ice cream, convenience store items and even pizza at the same price you would pay at the local 7-11. The first night there was some loud noise but that was stopped immediately by the staff. We also had some young people hanging around the park yelling/swearing but the staff went out right away and told them to stop. This park is close to town (less than 5mins) and probably attracts the young people more than most family campgrounds which is were the noise comes from. This would be the only negative I could say is that. We loved our stay so much that we are planning a trip next year. Don't let the $$ per night turn you off...our site had water/sewer/power for $50 per night and a provincial campground is $35 with no services.

Room Tip: A beach spot is the best plus the sites/beaches are a bit better south of the dock.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank turtlesasha
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We just got back from camping at Nk Mip RV Park. We stayed the weekend leading up to Canada Day. It was very crowded, meaning the park was full, and a lot of people came in groups. I'm not sure they really enforce "quiet time" or if they have one. I understand it was a holiday weekend, but there were lots of people still partying well into the early hours. But can't control the people, and I expect it anywhere, so lets talk about the actual campgrounds. Depending on where you get a spot, you will either be slammed in like sardines, in an "ok" spot like we were, or in "high society" as we called the upper spots. We were in spot 104, near the yurts. Terrific as far as close to the beach, literally a couple of steps. Close to dog park which was great for us with our dog. Our site was pretty tight though, not a whole lot of room around us. The spots down near the Dog Beach (not to be confused with dog park) were absolutely ridiculously close to one another. I would not want to be down at that end of the park. (You can view on their site a park map). The prime spots are definitely up top labeled on their map in black and with a "C" in front of spot number. Those spots are huge, and have lots of space to spread out and lots of grassy areas. If we went back we would definitely request to be up there. Check in girl wasn't too friendly. I advised one of the clerks about a dead snake on a rock, she was just ok as well. The security guard, older guy, at night super nice, and younger guard was great too. I can see that they don't really enforce to many rules here. We commented lots of time of people driving in the park to fast. A group near us parked their trailer sideways because they were with the people next to them so it gave them more space to gather, I get it, but I'm a little surprised they weren't asked to not park like that. Beautiful area around it, but have to watch for snakes. We still went for bike rides and walks though, just was mindful. Only came across two. One being dead, the other alive and hiding. good little family ice cream shack just outside park, the mom makes pies and great banana bread. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves. I should also mention, no pool. I thought we would have access to an outdoor pool, but that is only for condo guests up the hill. On their site they do show an outdoor pool so it's a little misleading. Indoor pool was closed while we were there, it says open through June, but it was not open while we were there starting June 27.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family