“Unexpected Find”
Review of La Botana - CLOSED

La Botana
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have trouble finding some ingredients for Mexican dishes on this side of the border, but there's a little grocery store in Oliver started by a local independent business woman that services the folks from Mexico that work here. I needed a few things, so I called her to find out the store hours. She asked if I wanted to know the hours for the store, or for the restaurant. Restaurant, you say? Yup! Just opened. So we made the journey down to check it out. It's located in the old Suzie Q's diner location and isn't much to look at, inside or out. They've done what they can to make it comfortable. Although the staff are super friendly, there is a bit of a language barrier when ordering. We ordered a few different tacos (they have about 6 different ones to choose from) and a couple of pupusas (a kind of stuffed corn-based patty or pocket). The food was excellent and VERY authentic! My fish taco had a decent sized piece of fish and the pork in the pork tacos and pupusas was melt-in-your-mouth. Totally worth the drive. So if your looking for a little authentic Mexican and don't mind the very modest surroundings, this is a must-see.

3  Thank wrh310