“Great place to stay!!”

Desert Surfside Waterfront Accomodations
Edmonton
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2009

I fully recommend this place as a great place for a short or long stay. The management is great and so helpful. Very good feeling there. Great location on the shore of the lake and just across the street from the promenade. Not a long walk to town, shopping and Tim Hortons.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maro39

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Our hockey team (10-12 year old boys and girls) stayed here two to three nights. The parents and kids were treated unkindly. They were given a two-page list of do's and don'ts. Management suggested the parents take the kids to nearby school, park or beach for them to play, and, I guess the idea was, if they're at the hotel, don't let the kids out! The kids were simply being 10 to 12. The parents weren't noisy, drunk or disorderly, and yet management suggested that they may call the police. Why? Know one knows. The parents were gathered in one of the larger rooms playing poker. The parents were told they had to take away any garbage/empty cans/bottles. Don't they have housekeeping? One parent had to wash the tub before taking a bath. This place is definitely NOT KID FRIENDLY.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
rb3, management at Desert Surfside Waterfront Accomodations, responded to this review, 20 April 2009
Thank you for your candid coments about your stay at the Desert Surfside. We endeavour to ensure all guests receive a comfortable, enjoyable stay. Unfortunately we were unable to deliver this experience to your hockey team and several other guests which chose the Surfside at this time. We hope you understand the Hotel must maintain a comfortable environment for all guests and adhere to Hotel policies in these instances. We hope your future stays at the Desert Surfside and other facilities exceed this experience.
Mission, BC
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Desert Surfside. We stayed in the newer portion of the property which overlooked the beach. Our kids loved the beach and easy access to it. Our rooms were clean and very comfortable. The kitchen was great. We felt spoiled. Our only complaint was that when we left some of our belongings there, we did not hear a response back to our messages.

• Liked — the beach
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Port Coquitlam
Reviewed 24 April 2008

Our mixed golf group of 22 enjoyed the property amenities, reserving the group BBQ patio setting for 3 nights offered the best pot luck socializing outside the golf course club houses. Restaurants don't provide the same atmosphere. The weather was perfect for late September and the wine tours have added a new diversity for us. Now that we have discovered Desert Surfside we are planning to return again this fall. The courses are championship and the views breathtaking. It is great to have a central area for us from Vancouver and others out of Calgary, a perfect destination. Now if we could drag our other halves away from the plasma TV's ...

• Liked — Large balcony over the beach
  • Disliked — Too many plasma TV's
  • Stayed September 2007
Prince Albert
Reviewed 21 March 2008

We stayed at the Desert Surfside for the month of January, and it spoiled us for any other "long stay" that we will plan. We had a two bedroom condo, facing the lake and it was great. Fully equipped,with a gas burning fireplace (which we enjoyed every evening), spotlessly clean, and totally quiet. The management couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. We felt completely at home. We would definately return.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — No telephone or dishwasher in the condo.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
Pitt Meadows
Reviewed 11 October 2007

The management was friendly, polite, very helpful and had a great sense of humour, and were alot of fun. They went above and beyond their duty to make sure our stay was enjoyable. We had a great week. The rooms are beautiful and clean. We made sure we booked for next year before we checked out. Would highly recommend, an absolute must.

• Liked — the lake view, large patio with own BBQ and 2 bedrooms
  • Disliked — there is no ground level rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Osoyoos
Reviewed 11 August 2007

read lalalauras review and I just had to post mine.

I moved to Osoyoos in January and stayed at desert surfside everything was okay while we were staying there until it came time for us to move into our house.

The managment guy was yelling at our kids and other kids down the hall for playing at 2pm and they werent that loud.

I cleaned the room top to bottom and even washed the walls . When I was done I went to return the keys and the guy was there he started yelling at me insinuating that I didnt know how to clean. In sum I left there in tears.

I went home told my husband and he went to talk to the wife about it and see what was going on. Well the guy was there and he started yelling at him and threatening him by placing his head against my husbands.
We called lady her name is Karen Roosen [--].

She got them to apologize through a letter and promised it wouldnt happen again.

well a week later I was walking by and he started calling me names and blasfamy in front of my kids. Adn discriminating me and our workers about our race because I am native. I called karen again but nothing happened

then another incident happened he ran into my husband at tim hortons and started insinuating a fight. He wanted to physically fight my husband in public!! I didnt call Karen again cause I couldnt find the number.

I would not reccommend anyone stay there while this couple is in management because they discriminate and belittle there customers.

Not to mention they cant even control themselves to work with the general public

I would have taken them to court if it wasnt for Karen this is the worst management I have ever seen

• Liked — was close to town
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank ollie79
Golfersrule, owner at Desert Surfside Waterfront Accomodations, responded to this review, 25 November 2008
As of November 1, 2008 Desert Surfside is pleased to announce new property management. Our new manager is eager to assist with your travel needs, making Desert Surfside a positive and memorable experience.