“Nice short course” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice short course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nice course with interesting holes! Very reasonable, 9 holes for $81 including a power cart. it's a bit hilly so I would suggest a cart if you don't like walking hills.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Vicky039

Port Moody, Canada
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Golf with views to distract your game!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I played this executive 9-hole course solo, twice in two days. Sonora Dunes is located behind Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort on the east side of Osoyoos Lake. It's on the side of a mountain in the pocket desert, the northern tip of the Sonoran Desert in Arizona.
The fragile ecology of the desert means that you are not allowed to venture off the fairways to retrieve your errant balls. Although there is only one hole with water, the rest may as well be surrounded by a lake!
SD has one par-5 and two par-3 holes with the rest par 4s. It's not as easy a course as you might imagine—everything runs towards Osoyoos Lake and some fairways are split in two. I thoroughly enjoyed every hole.
My biggest problem, if you want to call it that, was the view. It's stunning from every hole. The smell of sage fills your senses too. the fairways and greens were in perfect condition in early May. I completed the course in just under an hour and a half.
I paid $31 per round, which included the cart and taxes (10% off regular green fees for me as I was staying in the resort). I didn't try the café because I had eaten at two of the five restos in the complex and went back to our unit for lunch.
Highly recommended for value and the course's condition; to say nothing of the views.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank PhotosbyPharos
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spring golfer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Excellent 9-hole golf course with 1 par 5 in a dessrt setting and staff were very pleasant. Recommend using a power cart and a discount if staying at Spirit Ridge.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank 435Traveller1944
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“scenic and challenging”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We have played this course twice. (two years apart). We came back because we loved the first round we played, in spite of seeing a rattle snake sunning himself in the upper 7th tee box. This time we were told that there had been a cougar sighting. We saw scat and tracks but NO wildlife this time. A truly scenic course. Although it is only 9 holes it is challenging and is quite a walk, you climb quite a bit. The course is very well maintained and the pro shop staff are very friendly.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank QR8R
Calgary, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful 9 hole course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

This 9 hole course provides fantastic views of the desert, mountain, vineyard and lake. It is a beautiful golf course. Can be challenging but the 6th hole requires some uphill walking if you are walking the course.

Visited October 2012