“Turned away at the door....”

Ambrosia Western & Indian Cuisine
Ranked #31 of 57 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
White Rock, Canada
“Turned away at the door....”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We are long time summer residents of Osoyoos. Craving Indian food for dinner, my daughter and I arrived at the restaurant at 7:00pm. The one and only server greeted us by saying it would be at least an hour before we could get ANY food from the kitchen. We were surprised as the restaurant only had customers at three small tables and one large group. She told us there is only one cook in the kitchen and phone orders had to be filled before the restaurant customers. The restaurant had only two people working in a Friday night ..... We asked if we could get an appetizer while waiting, this too was not an option. We left and ate at another great restaurant in Osoyoos "McKia's" as did the family of 5 that had arrived after us.

• Visited August 2014

Puurs, Belgium
“Good food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Good place for a casual dinner, after a swim or some sightseeing, when you have time. Service is very friendly; it takes a while for the food to come, but that's because everything is made on the spot and the chef seems to do everything by herself. If it takes too long, ample apologies are made any way. Simple, good food when you've had enough of burgers, and generous portions.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank AnnVG
London
“Perfect stop for Good home cooked food”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent place to go for a post swim/paddle board dinner. we had a feast there and it all tasted amazing!
will be back to eat some more delicious paneer next time we come to Osoyoos. The staff are so friendly there and it has a real community friendly feel about the place.
excellent

Visited July 2014
Abbotsford, Canada
“Huge Amounts of Meat”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I were in Osoyoos for a week of sun and fun and on the last night, sick of BBQ, I thought Indian would be good. I ordered Goat Curry, rice, a mixed vegetable dish and the meal came with two naan. Wow, was this meal good! I have never had so much goat in a Indian dish before and the meat pieces where huge. Spice was medium, rice was cooked perfect, vegetable were all fresh and the naan was the best I have had yet. The best was the food was not oily at all. For home style Indian food I highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2014
Yakima, Washington
“Unpretentious good food”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stopped in for dinner this evening. I ordered the Palak Lamb at $12.50, which comes with rice and naan. The dish was quite good, tender lamb cooked with spinach and spices. But be advised, the dish is hot enough to make children cry. You might need to ask them to tone it down a bit (unless you're a real chili-head). The naan was rather plain and undistinguished, but served as a good delivery platform for the main dish. Rice was ok. I was hoping for a good basmati rice but this seemed to be ordinary long grain rice.
On the down side, the ambiance is a let-down. The lights are too bright -like a middle school cafeteria- and the furniture probably did time in a 1950's diner. Don't bring a date here because you will not impress them.
The staff is very nice and can be attentive, but also disappears into the back room for long periods of time.
Overall, I recommend the place with reservations. On balance, the food is good at the price and I was alone so I didn't worry about hiding my "good looks" in the dark. It feels like the kind of place that the locals visit often. But don't make a special trip for Ambrosia.

• Visited October 2013