“Great good and service”

Ranked #18 of 58 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Would recommend this place for sure... The food was great and the value was excellent. Good service and fair prices...definitely a place to go back to.

1  Thank Bob S

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Came here from out of town and after a long day on the road I had a real hunger for a steak! First I had to chase a server for a beer, since I was thirsty while taking the time to look at the menu. I Ordered the Sirloin steak,medium rare! It was served medium rare but extremely tough to chew! My jaw got sore from having to chew this rubber! For an Entree, there were a few vegetables on the side with no salad (green or otherwise). The acoustics were poor since it was Extremely loud in the bar where I ate. I would try again, but I certainly wouldn't order the 'Sirloin Steak'

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were very hungry and came for the lunch. The greeting/service wasn't too friendly and we ordered 2 salads and a kids menu. The food came quickly and tasted great. The portions were rather small and we could have eaten more. Unfortunately the place was cooled down far too much, so rather than ordering more we decided to move on. We got the bill before we even asked for it and felt that we have not been really welcome.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Yes way...

I'm not sure if it's still the same because our experience was a while back, but we've never been tempted to go back to find out.

Now don't get this wrong - it was a lovely dining experience. The menu was a little limited but everything we ordered was good and well presented.

Our issue arose when I asked for a perfectly reasonable substitution (like can I have rice instead of fries) and was told it would cost a dollar? Not for the substitution mind you, but because I'd asked for something other than how it appeared on the menu. Of course the dollar was nothing - it was the principle that rattled my cage.

When we paid the bill, the server kindly waived the dollar (I think she saw we were completely astounded) but we insisted on paying it lest it come out of her pocket. She agreed it was a dumb practice and that we weren't the first guests to question it or complain about it.

So yes, eat here and you will likely have a really good meal. But if they still subscribe to the same crazy rule...then just be sure to order your meal exactly as it appears on the menu if you don't want to pay a fee.

I would like to stress that our experience is not recent and things may well have changed. So give the Wildfire Grill a try...the food, service and ambiance make it worthwhile.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Wildfire Grill is a consistently good restaurant to eat in. The service is friendly and the quality of the food is great. The menu has a range of options for patrons to choose from. You can eat either inside (air-conditioned) or on the outside patio. We have experienced both, and enjoyed each. The samosa rolls and the bruschetta are delicious appetizers. Main course salads and meals are substantial. The restaurant has a substantial list of local wines to choose from. This is a great place to enjoy a meal. The staff and food make this a very welcoming restaurant.